Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2013, 05:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,215,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
When did I ever say its impossible to trust? I even admitted that I trust people. And yes if your point can be thrown back at you then it wasn't a good point. If you can throw my points back at me then my point wasn't good.
Oh good grief. I already made my points. If you want to continue to debate with me - then debate points with me - not the fact that you don't understand my relationship and want me to explain it to you. My relationship doesn't even matter anyway. That's not why I'm "against" mandatory paternity tests. I simply think they are impossible to make mandatory - based on the actual points that I outlined that you haven't addressed.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM

491 posts, read 571,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I read somewhere that 10 percent of households have a child that is fathered by someone other than the husband.

What does it really matter... I mean in the big grand scheme of life???? Yeah, you're wife cheated on you, but the child thinks you're dad.... and you are dad...... I don't mean it doesn't matter, I just mean nothing really good is gonna come out of it...

Really... what good can come out of it?????

The child finds out, can turn their life upside down.......

Being is father isn't biological........ it's being there... doing the hard work....

Sometimes, and I only mean this occasionally.... ignorance is bliss.....
Sure. If your wife/girlfriend cheats and has a kid with another man who cares right? Sure it was wrong of her, but it's ok. It's a child that needs care and that's all the matters. By that logic its ok for women to cheat and have kids with other men and not tell her man since all that matters is the child right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
There just ought to be a law mandating paternity tests during pregnancy period.
Seriously? Well, that will really never happen. You can't make people have an invasive test during pregnancy.

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think the issue is that the man may be cheated out of having his genetic line continue, if a child is not his. If he knew, he may have an opportunity to have his own children. Women ALWAYS knows it's their child and their lineage. And in a divorce, resources go to support a child not his, which may prevent him from having the resources to later have a child of his own.

If a man chooses to support a child not his own, or goes the adoption route, he is making a choice to do so. Denying him the right to choose is a real issue. How is this any different than forcing a woman to have a child that she doesn't want by a man she doesn't want? It's denying her the choice, and it's not acceptable to do that.
This doesn't sound very "tao" to me....

The child thinks you're "dad"..... I get what you're saying too... but I think sometimes people can be very narcissistic about their "lineage"........ at the end of the day... really... so what.....

I still stand by by the assumption that no real good can come out it.....

Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh good grief. I already made my points. If you want to continue to debate with me - then debate points with me - not the fact that you don't understand my relationship and want me to explain it to you. My relationship doesn't even matter anyway. That's not why I'm "against" mandatory paternity tests. I simply think they are impossible to make mandatory - based on the actual points that I outlined that you haven't addressed.
When did I say I don't understand a good relationship? It's not impossible just improbable. You aren't going to explain because you know I can throw your points back at you. If you did then you would destroy my arguments and cause to agree.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
When did I say I don't understand a good relationship? It's not impossible just improbable. You aren't going to explain because you know I can throw your points back at you. If you did then you would destroy my arguments and cause to agree.
I don't even know what you are talking about anymore. I've outlined my points about why I think paternity tests will never happen many times. What is it you want me to explain to you? What points do you think you can destroy? It seems you are arguing now just for the sake of arguing...

Old 08-02-2013, 05:36 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,861,348 times
Quote:
Sure. If your wife/girlfriend cheats and has a kid with another man who cares right? Sure it was wrong of her, but it's ok. It's a child that needs care and that's all the matters. By that logic its ok for women to cheat and have kids with other men and not tell her man since all that matters is the child right?
I think you must have gotten a haircut as the point flew over your head so fast..... no, I'm not condoning cheating... I was dealing with the reality of another life here in the NOW.....what are you supposed to do with an innocent child???? Are gonna look that kid in the face and say... nope.. never mind... I'm dropping you off to the guy who knocked up your mom... never mind that you've known me as dad for the last several yrs....

That's all I'm saying.....

Reading 101 needs to be revisited......

Old 08-02-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
This doesn't sound very "tao" to me....

The child thinks you're "dad"..... I get what you're saying too... but I think sometimes people can be very narcissistic about their "lineage"........ at the end of the day... really... so what.....

I still stand by by the assumption that no real good can come out it.....
Who's more narcissistic: the man for wanting kids of his own, or the woman who cheated but still thinks her 'man' should take care of her and the baby that's not his? No one seems to have an answer for my 'give a woman a random baby' argument.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:40 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,632,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Seriously? Well, that will really never happen. You can't make people have an invasive test during pregnancy.
That's also very silly argument but yes, you're right. Various organizations are very organized when it comes to issues that may affect WOMEN. But you're wrong about invasive tests. People are obliged to give their blood or saliva samples on demand. People are obliged to go and take various invasive health checks in related industrial occupations. And so on.

Let's face it, the whole argument about "woman's body" is rather to have a woman get the right to abort the child while stopping the alleged fathers from "exercising" their "right to abort" as well. One thus cannot order you to abort your child, after all. Legislation in the 70s that allowed abortion "on demand-no questions asked" was the same legislation that allowed forceful sterilization of prisoners all the way until the 80s in some states. Believe it or not. And that's far more severe than the abortion itself, since many people were literally barred from reproducing in a campaign that existed for decades.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I think you must have gotten a haircut as the point flew over your head so fast..... no, I'm not condoning cheating... I was dealing with the reality of another life here in the NOW.....what are you supposed to do with an innocent child???? Are gonna look that kid in the face and say... nope.. never mind... I'm dropping you off to the guy who knocked up your mom... never mind that you've known me as dad for the last several yrs....

That's all I'm saying.....

Reading 101 needs to be revisited......
But you just said nothing matters, but the child's feelings. That means the man's feelings don't matter. Life was created by a man that wasn't the main man's. What to do with an innocent child? Adoption. Take care of it yourself since the woman wanted it so bad. Make the biological father help you. The man was LIED to. Are you going to tell me that a child that becomes a man loses all feelings and should just accept whatever happens? So you'd be fine if you had a son who was cuckolded?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships