Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:18 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,057,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0;23374105 [B
Lol, that'd be a way of broaching the subject, don't you think? Only it implies an ultimatum, instead of something open to discussion.[/b]
LOL! Yeah, I did say two things that kinda cancelled out each other, but you got the gist.

Quote:
He knew what she was wearing, not "the deal". Not that she always wore it. Not that she would insist on wearing it. Yeah, he could've ASSUMED, but then he'd never know what could've been.
I chuckled when I read this. Yes, you're right. He probably just thought it was her "club outfit", but STILL... he liked her half undressed look.

Quote:
To some people (including women), what you wear is not half as big a deal as even the smallest details of your sex life.
The "sex" is more important to me than fashion.

Quote:
We know where you and the OP stand on the importance of "fashion sense" in terms of your identity. But it's only because you told us. Try and understand that.
It's not my "identity", but I had a few issues in my life of men trying to "change" me, but it was moreso to turn me into a frumpy fishwife.

It starts off with "minor" things, then it escalates into more and more and I've never bared as much as the OP has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 03:41 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,337,250 times
xxbabeechick...you've every right to be annoyed...and he's got no right to expect any such thing from you...I can't imagine asking my SO to dress differently for me....don't cater to him...if he can't accept that you're an adult, and will dress ANYWAY you want....too bad for him!!!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:43 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,742,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Please stop taking any bitterness or dissatisfaction with yourself or life out on me
Baby girl, I'm an entrepreneur. I sell ho-tels. So, if you keep talking with me, I'm gonna have to ask for your mans number so I can call him up, and serve him the news that'll blow his fuse.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:13 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,317,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Were you guys going to an opera or something similar? Where did he want to take you? Was this a one time request?

All the times we went out we were literally pub crawling, going from bar to bar. So no, I wasn't wearing a halter top to a concerto.

Additionally like Marilyn says, if he wants a girl that never shows her legs, meet said girl who dresses that way and date her.

Mod cut: Personal attack.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-12-2012 at 10:08 PM..

Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,409,336 times
Quote:
Additionally like Marilyn says, if he wants a girl that never shows her legs, meet said girl who dresses that way and date her.
Was it that he wanted a girl who never showed her legs, or one that didn't wear short skirts (showing considerable amount of leg above the knee, perhaps) in public?

Old 03-12-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Was it that he wanted a girl who never showed her legs, or one that didn't wear short skirts (showing considerable amount of leg above the knee, perhaps) in public?
You couldn't know and it'd be inconsequential.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,772,297 times
If a guy tells you how to dress after initially being attracted to you, dump his ass immediately, because he's a control freak who is jealous of the attention you receive.

Either they accept you as you are or they don't, there is no middle ground.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 PM

18,271 posts, read 14,480,921 times
Quote:
All the times we went out we were literally pub crawling, going from bar to bar. So no, I wasn't wearing a halter top to a concerto.

Okay, you guys were just bar hopping, then.

As you say, if he likes women who dress conservatively, he should be dating that one, not you. But people want everything, ya know. They want their cake and to eat it, too. I might be wrong, but it seems that he was dating you, thinking in the back of his mind, that there's no way you would ever become the mother of his children. That if you were up for fun, then he was going to take it. Now it seems, he is either falling for you, or thinks you might be falling for him, and is therefore testing the waters to see how far you are willing to go for him. By saying that "his woman" would dress more conservatively, he is is telling you that a.) if you want him for real, you are going to have to shape up, or b.) he has fallen for you and now wants you to consider yourself his woman and start dressing more conservatively so other men don't think you are a paid item, or available. Either way, it surprises me, that you are still with him. It leads me to believe that you actually do want him to be your man, but don't want to change for him. But obviously, whoever doesn't care, or cares less, is going to win this one.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Either way, it surprises me, that you are still with him. It leads me to believe that you actually do want him to be your man, but don't want to change for him.
I'm not with him, I just enjoy going out with him. Like I said, I date others. And while what he said pissed me off, it's not a dealbreaker, unless he mentions it again. I have a feeling he won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships