Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM

258 posts, read 160,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterclinger View Post
I thought one became 'wife material' when a man finds that he cannot live without you .... I didn't know there was a checklist.
This is spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,818,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Oh pork sausage ewww. I'm really special when it comes to foods. I don't really like anything and sausage is included there (as well as pizza or lasagna). I can't stand the smell.
I used to work at a cafeteria and one time the manager put me on the pizza station. It was struggle making them without wanting to puke but luckily I only stayed there for 1-2 weeks.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:05 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,818,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
u have good qualities married or not dont have to be married to prove it.
men are not looking. they are hiding.
women like getting married not being married.
when she is crazy to be married he thinks its bek of him. horrid mistake.
67% actual divorce rate, 70% of the time filed by her.
get a prenup guys.
I wish there was a way to tell him he can trust me. The only good reasons I would actually file for divorce is:
1) He cheats (once a cheater always a cheater)
2) He has hit me once, dare spat in my face or keeps on verbally abusing me
3) He has been using drugs or becoming an alcoholic/constant gambling

Otherwise, I don't really demand too much. I think those are fairly good reasons.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,785,940 times
When she loves you for you and not what you can do for her.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,990,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post

So I guess finding a marriage-minded man is like finding a needle in a haystack. Those posters were the typical studs that still wanted to play the fields or date endlessly for years.
At least 50% of my male friends are ready for marriage (waiting for the girl). Some have been for quite awhile. I met quite a few guys in college who were ready then. They exist in the real world.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM

258 posts, read 160,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
When she loves you for you and not what you can do for her.
And Vice Versa of course.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:34 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,163,988 times
So, let's see --
You don't want to/can't cook, but you are a picky eater. Basic foods like pizza make you want to puke.
Not much of a housekeeper, or something.
You don't seem to be terribly into guys, but you want one anyway.
You don't want kids, you are just "waiting for your eggs to die" (a uniquely sad way to describe fertility)
You say you are intelligent, but you don't have scintillating wit, and your written English is passible at best.
You are in school for "turism", which is recession-prone, and the haven of low-paying hourly jobs.

You want to be married -- why? This is just a goal, like running a marathon or losing 20 lbs. You just need a person who qualifies as a guy, with a pulse.

Look, just post all your stuff on Match.com and say you're "marriage-minded". Probably someone (maybe in need of a green card) will respond. Problem solved.

But here's your caveat: marriage is, in my opinion, a much better deal for men. For women who don't know what they're doing, or don't care about providing a 2-parent home for children, it can resemble indentured servitude. If that is okay with you, have at it.

You are kind of a "meh" candidate, sorry. These days, incredible, amazing women are "snagging" mediocre or worse men, if they want to get married. That's the way the world is now, sis.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,759,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
So, let's see --
You don't want to/can't cook, but you are a picky eater. Basic foods like pizza make you want to puke.
Not much of a housekeeper, or something.
You don't seem to be terribly into guys, but you want one anyway.
You don't want kids, you are just "waiting for your eggs to die" (a uniquely sad way to describe fertility)
You say you are intelligent, but you don't have scintillating wit, and your written English is passible at best.
You are in school for "turism", which is recession-prone, and the haven of low-paying hourly jobs.

You want to be married -- why? This is just a goal, like running a marathon or losing 20 lbs. You just need a person who qualifies as a guy, with a pulse.

Look, just post all your stuff on Match.com and say you're "marriage-minded". Probably someone (maybe in need of a green card) will respond. Problem solved.

But here's your caveat: marriage is, in my opinion, a much better deal for men. For women who don't know what they're doing, or don't care about providing a 2-parent home for children, it can resemble indentured servitude. If that is okay with you, have at it.

You are kind of a "meh" candidate, sorry. These days, incredible, amazing women are "snagging" mediocre or worse men, if they want to get married. That's the way the world is now, sis.

Note: You should've said:

"Don't worry girl! There's someone out there just waiting to have you as a wife! Don't give up! He'll come to you when the time is right!!!"

....Make more friends this way.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:47 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,163,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Note: You should've said:

"Don't worry girl! There's someone out there just waiting to have you as a wife! Don't give up! He'll come to you when the time is right!!!"

....Make more friends this way.
haha, my friends count on me to tell it like it is, and not sugar-coat it.

Anyway, I did say that. There's probably someone on Match.com looking for this person. shrug. who knows.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,759,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
haha, my friends count on me to tell it like it is, and not sugar-coat it.

Anyway, I did say that. There's probably someone on Match.com looking for this person. shrug. who knows.

I was being sarcastic. Yes, there's probably someone on match.com looking for everything. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships