Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,816,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
So, let's see --
You don't want to/can't cook, but you are a picky eater. Basic foods like pizza make you want to puke.
Not much of a housekeeper, or something.
You don't seem to be terribly into guys, but you want one anyway.
You don't want kids, you are just "waiting for your eggs to die" (a uniquely sad way to describe fertility)
You say you are intelligent, but you don't have scintillating wit, and your written English is passible at best.
You are in school for "turism", which is recession-prone, and the haven of low-paying hourly jobs.
My major is tourism and travel management.
Quote:
You want to be married -- why? This is just a goal, like running a marathon or losing 20 lbs. You just need a person who qualifies as a guy, with a pulse.
It's always been my dream just like finishing my major.
No, I don't like staying home all day and it's correct that I have no desires for becoming a mother. Even so, I still want to find the man of my dreams. I guess I must be a dreamer but I haven't lost hope yet. It has gotten to the point that sometimes I'm thinking of letting him find me. However, if I do that more time will pass by and he will probably not even approach me.
Quote:
You are kind of a "meh" candidate, sorry. These days, incredible, amazing women are "snagging" mediocre or worse men, if they want to get married. That's the way the world is now, sis.
I don't mind if he's average or mediocre in looks.

I'm going to post a picture now. I would prefer a man's opinion. Be honest when you're rating me (from a 1-10 scale). Brb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM

Ok guys do you see my picture? Let me know what would be my accurate rating from 1-10. Please be honest!! Don't just me give a high score out of pity. That's my 24th b-day picture so it's not that old. I will update one as soon as I buy a new cam (it got stolen grrrrrr).

Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,172,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Nowadays it's like the majority of men all suddenly trying to avoid marriage. I was going peeking through another forum and there were male poster talking about nothing but cons about getting married and how that is a living hell.

So I guess finding a marriage-minded man is like finding a needle in a haystack. Those posters were the typical studs that still wanted to play the fields or date endlessly for years.

The more I read those posts, the more it sucks. Very of the male poster have something good to say about it. Only 1-3 posters were marriage-oriented men on that forum.

if almost everything about marriage was slanted in the favor of men, women wouldnt be so in love with the idea of marriage

Old 03-12-2012, 11:03 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
If you're gonna post a pic (which did not work, BTW) you'd better have a pretty thick skin.

Why are you posting a photo now anyway? What are you trying to accomplish? Stop thinking about people in terms of "1-10" and worry about what's inside.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,290,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
women like getting married not being married
Some dream about their wedding but not necessarily GETTING MARRIED.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamTM View Post
Well, I can't speak for every man because we are all different. Here it goes... (1) We think you are attractive. You don't have to be a model, just "cute" is plenty. (2) Is she going to cheat on me? Is she the flirty type with all the other dudes while we are standing right there? If so, that is not a good sign for a wife. (3) Does she work, and can she hold a job? No guy likes a soap opera queen who doesn't, and won't work when WE really need the extra income. (4) If we were going to have kids, what kind of mother would she make? N/A if you both agree to not have children. (5) She has to have some sort of home skills. It's never good if the guy who only knows how to make brats, burgers, dogs and steaks is the master chef of the household. Oh..."so cook for yourself...cook for ourselves!" Yeah, well we need a "back up" plan in case we suck at it!
Agree w/Sam.... Though, obviously, all men are different. As a woman who is "wife-material" (am married (only once) and had quite a few proposals before that), I also think these are important:

6. Be fit and energetic
7. Be adventurous (even outdoorsy)
8. Be confident and independent
9. Do not be clingy or needy
10. Be sexy (not sleazy - big difference)
11. Be great in bed

Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 AM

[quote=Wmsn4Life;23371686Why are you posting a photo now anyway? What are you trying to accomplish? Stop thinking about people in terms of "1-10" and worry about what's inside.[/quote]
I've always wondered why I didn't get hit on too much during my youth (not in high school nor my former campus either). I'm not joking!!! My first and only relationship I actually had to go to myspace.com and write to random men and eventually someone finally answered, who in the end turned out to be a loser stringing me along.
I just wanted to know my real rating and if there is something I have to improve on.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:16 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
There are other websites for that, like Hot or Not.

I'm sure you are perfectly attractive, but posting a pic and asking for a critique is asking for trouble.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,290,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm sure you are perfectly attractive, but posting a pic and asking for a critique is asking for trouble.
Or simply asking for compliments.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:25 AM

3,736 posts, read 5,792,412 times
Well, there are plenty of guys whose wives have custody of their kid(s). They don't have much money, and so are not exactly in demand. And they're somewhat less than attractive physically, and in the way they dress. Guys like that would be ideal for you.

And how about one whose wife caught him with a dude? But he likes passing for straight, because....well, those are more in demand for other guys who pass as straight...and those are hotter, more in-demand guys.... Plus, he may be from a low-class/religious family who are unaccepting of Gays. So, to function socially, he may need a 'beard' (you).

In our old town, there were plenty of frumpy gals married to men everybody knew were 'on the Down Low'. They're big church people....front row, First Pentecostal/First Baptist... And as long as they're married, reports that they're off in the woods by the highway doing truckers after work... or whatever.... those reports are ignored. Being married to a female is all that is needed for full acceptance. If anyone questions this, they are stopped-short by, "They're BEST FRIENDS..".

Oh, and only women are impressed by lacquered claws. Men just think they're nasty (literally... they assume you don't wash your hands enough, and are getting bathroom-type germs in their food). Ditto for makeup, generally. And little, tiny "real" Diamonds, in the cheap little 'real Platinum...real Gold' settings, do not impress. The Judith Ripka look (fake gems and metals are just as good as 'real'...the quality of the workmanship, and the beauty of the designs, are all that matters) is what will catch a man's eye. Little diamond chips, and jewelry with symbolic value, only impress little women who think about little things.

Or, maybe you could find some retired teacher or government worker, with a good pension. He'll have plenty of time to travel with you.

Or, you can work (slowly) up to an hour of Cardio, every day, and an hour of Weights, every day. I think you will notice that your allergies will calm down a bit, once your body focuses on building muscle, rather than upon attacking itself. And you need to invest in a big 3-way mirror. And have another mirror opposite the 3-way. Have this in a place with great lighting: preferably somewhere the sun occasionally makes the room really bright. Start looking at yourself, in various lighting conditions. Start analyzing what makes you look good. Upgrade your wardrobe (and remember, men could not care less what is 'in style' for women....so vintage Rive Gauche will impress them far more than will the latest trends from Target. And, of course, you should become an expert on Holistic Health, Nutrition, etc. (will help with allergies, as well as making you more attractive). I think that if you reinvent and upgrade yourself, your range of choices in men will broaden considerably.

Oh, and only women are impressed by lacquered claws. Men just think they're nasty (literally... they assume you don't wash your hands enough, and are getting bathroom-type germs in their food). Ditto for makeup, generally. And little, tiny "real" Diamonds, in the cheap little 'real Platinum...real Gold' settings, do not impress. The Buccellati look (fake gems and metals are just as good as 'real'...the quality of the workmanship, and the beauty of the designs, are all that matters) is what will catch a man's eye. Little diamond chips, and jewelry with symbolic value (the 'forever' this, the 'promise' that, the 'circle of' whatever, charm bracelets...), only impress little women who think about little things.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 03-12-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships