Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,554,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post

In the end...we are exactly (for better or worse) what we project to the world...consciously or subconsciously. So, I say make up your mind and decide who and what you want to be and then just be IT!

It's all up to YOU and only YOU!
I find this to be true. I always had low self esteem due to being bullied in school. I was too tall as a kid, and had curly hair (curly hair was seen as ugly back then) so i was percieved as ugly, therefore felt like it for many many years (and now i look at the pics and realize i was beautiful). The outside perception changed drastically when i turned 18 and moved cities, and guys started telling me i was beautiful, etc, and always been nice to me. BUT deep down there was this clumsy, awkward girl from high school still trying to pull out. Lately, though, after ending my LTR with the love of my life (or so i thought) ive experienced a rediscover of myself and now i feel preettier than ever. Not only people are telling me this, it seems that i project such confidence that im being treated way better than ever. People smile at me on the streets, clerks are super attentive, men hit on me 24/7, etc.

Is the way i look now different from what i looked 2 months ago when i felt ugly and nobody looked at me or treated me well?
Nah, i look exactly the same

then whats going on? what i project to the world has changed. Beauty comes from within. I swear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 08:11 AM

2 posts, read 3,791 times
@Sofie 02:33 PM

You were probably one of the women who grew in beauty, but did not notice it in your 18's yet
Confidence has nothing to do with it.

Btw., here are 2 common reactions from the real life, when you are:

1) Confident & good looking:

"Your charisma and self esteem is astonishing."

2) Confident & worse looking:

"How dare you to be so confident with your looks?. What are you thinking about yourself !?!"

Last edited by ifox; 05-31-2013 at 08:25 AM..

Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,683,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifox View Post
@Sofie 02:33 PM

You were probably one of the women who grew in beauty, but did not notice it in your 18's yet
Confidence has nothing to do with it.

Btw., here are 2 common reactions from the real life, when you are:

1) Confident & good looking:

"Your charisma and self esteem is astonishing."

2) Confident & worse looking:

"How dare you to be so confident with your looks?. What are you thinking about yourself !?!"
Oh, I get 2 a lot. I've actually had people (mostly women) ask me how I could possibly be so confident when I was so 'unfortunate' looking. They think it's a compliment? Or the backhanded 'wow, I could NEVER wear heels/do my hair/wear that dress' if I looked like you! Or maybe the guy who told me that he wished he could put my personality into that 'hot blonde' at the end of the bar.

I have boatloads of confidence (even though I know it may not seem that way by some of my posts here) and it's helped me with my career and helped me make a ton of friends. Never helped me in the romance department.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:05 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,722,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Students kiss the other students!! It will be a great way to meet people. Plus, you eliminate the surprise factor! Have you ever been in a date with a very good looking man/woman and when it was time to kiss them....YUCK?? Sophies kissing workshop eliminate this awful surprises cause here you will kiss the person FIRST and then ask them out

win win
But nobody's gonna kiss the ugly ones. This is why we're having these problems now.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:07 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,647,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh, I get 2 a lot. I've actually had people (mostly women) ask me how I could possibly be so confident when I was so 'unfortunate' looking. They think it's a compliment? Or the backhanded 'wow, I could NEVER wear heels/do my hair/wear that dress' if I looked like you! Or maybe the guy who told me that he wished he could put my personality into that 'hot blonde' at the end of the bar.

I have boatloads of confidence (even though I know it may not seem that way by some of my posts here) and it's helped me with my career and helped me make a ton of friends. Never helped me in the romance department.
A guy actually said that to you? Wow!

Old 05-31-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
But nobody's gonna kiss the ugly ones. This is why we're having these problems now.
Maybe the ugly ones are the better kissers! This workshop will prove this and "ugly" people will get ton of dates.

I disagree with the concept of absolute ugly anyway. Beauty and ugly are completely subjective.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
A guy actually said that to you? Wow!
Yep

He was a bit drunk...but it was a sweet sentiment nonetheless.

A friend of mine told me I just look like the type of person you can always tell the truth to and I'll never really 'flip out' about it. I guess I just come across as fairly laid back and calm so people tend to just blurt out whatever is on their mind.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep

He was a bit drunk...but it was a sweet sentiment nonetheless.

A friend of mine told me I just look like the type of person you can always tell the truth to and I'll never really 'flip out' about it. I guess I just come across as fairly laid back and calm so people tend to just blurt out whatever is on their mind.
where do you find them, Jet??

Old 05-31-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
where do you find them, Jet??
No idea. I'm really personable and tend to strike up conversations with a ton of different people. I guess a portion of them are bound to be crazy

Old 05-31-2013, 02:15 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,798,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.
i go exercise

trust me, when you 'gallop' down the street (as shown at 2:26), women pay attention.

Prancercise:Fitness at Home - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships