Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 11:49 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post
It still shocks me just how many pathetic self-loathing men are out there. It's been my experience that a vast majority of these guys had an extremely weak or nonexistent father/male figure when growing up.
I never met my father in fact he bailed as soon as I was born. I had to learn this on my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 11:57 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So I am 26 and never been on a date. I'm quite ugly, though I am in shape physically, well educated, and have a good white collar job. I just suck with women and it's extremely lonely being me. How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.

yawn. Another self pity thread.

Okay, so you have done all you could go be in decent shape, you got your education in order and you have an okay job. I would say, these are the basics.

If you are ugly but have all of the above in check, there is always hope because you can score with your personality. However, since it hasnt been working out for you, I would suggest you change your strategy.

Only an idiot keeps doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result.

I know a guy who is 42. Average in everything. He is not shy and talks to women easily, goes on tons of dates.
However, he never had a relationship that lasted longer than one year. Doesn't that tell you something? Wouldn't you go around, asking your buddies why they think all women run off after a few weeks/months? I could tell him. But some people don't want to hear it and rather keep failing over and over and complain about it instead of trying something different.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:07 PM

I think it's safe to say some people aren't meant to be in a relationship and are better off being single and maybe the OP is one of those types of people. No big deal to be honest. Being in a relationship is a choice in life not an obligation. I know a lot of you are gonna tell me I'm wrong (which I could care less) but don't push your experiences on those who struggle and don't insult them or kick them when they are down. It's not cool at all. If they aren't hurting anyone, why all the vitriol?

Old 06-07-2016, 12:24 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffortPoaster View Post
How about you two goobers take your e-peen pissing contest somewhere else and stop chitting up the thread?
Pot meet kettle.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:29 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
You know folks the OP is long gone and some other random poster re-opened this year old thread. And now the thread has become about Dissenter for some reason. I guess many of you can't pass up an opportunity to be an A-hole to someone. Even if they're not here anymore.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:39 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,008,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So I am 26 and never been on a date. I'm quite ugly, though I am in shape physically, well educated, and have a good white collar job. I just suck with women and it's extremely lonely being me. How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.
Come on OP be positive ,, rotten apple not known by it peel make sure you have good inside.

Edit: Oh boy this is 2012 post I am sure he is married happy ever after

Old 06-07-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You know folks the OP is long gone and some other random poster re-opened this year old thread. And now the thread has become about Dissenter for some reason. I guess many of you can't pass up an opportunity to be an A-hole to someone. Even if they're not here anymore.
I never knew so many people can be so rude towards one another. I am so glad none of the people I know in real life aren't this horrible.

Old 06-07-2016, 12:54 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,903,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
y

I know a guy who is 42. Average in everything. He is not shy and talks to women easily, goes on tons of dates.
However, he never had a relationship that lasted longer than one year. Doesn't that tell you something? Wouldn't you go around, asking your buddies why they think all women run off after a few weeks/months? I could tell him. But some people don't want to hear it and rather keep failing over and over and complain about it instead of trying something different.
What is your opinion of why he can't keep anything going?

Old 06-07-2016, 01:19 PM

477 posts, read 314,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Weird.
That's a pretty arrogant thing to say and to defend saying it, even more so. Whether or not it's a hobby that you prefer has no bearing on whether it's actually 'weird' or not. I think it's 'weird' to spend the better part of ones' day posting on CD-R and coming across as a know-it-all, but really just being someone who seemingly has little else to do but live here.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:21 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningPoeFrost View Post
That's a pretty arrogant thing to say and to defend saying it, even more so. Whether or not it's a hobby that you prefer has no bearing on whether it's actually 'weird' or not. I think it's 'weird' to spend the better part of ones' day posting on CD-R and coming across as a know-it-all, but really just being someone who seemingly has little else to do but live here.
Yawn. Smoking stuff isn't a "hobby". But you sure do love to sign in under that handle, instead of using your main one, to talk smack from time to time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships