Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 06:42 PM

511 posts, read 402,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Ugly guys who think only rich ugly guys can be with good looking women will probably never be with good looking women.

Ugly guys who think otherwise however...

Why ugly men always attract the prettiest women | Daily Mail Online

7 Reasons Hot Women Will Still Date You If You're An Ugly Guy

Hmmmmm... I guess no women right swipe me because I'm utterly mediocre then. Attractive guys and ugly guys are cleaning up, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 07:02 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Ugly guys who think only rich ugly guys can be with good looking women will probably never be with good looking women.

Ugly guys who think otherwise however...

Why ugly men always attract the prettiest women | Daily Mail Online

7 Reasons Hot Women Will Still Date You If You're An Ugly Guy
Two more examples of "since it's on the internet it must be true".

Old 08-11-2016, 08:32 PM

728 posts, read 472,303 times
Well, our problems may be similar. I am ugly, but I have good looking ideals. I won't date an ugly woman. I'll take no woman over an ugly woman. I didn't go on my first date until I was 25. I am 36 now. Dating isn't as good as you've built it up in your mind. We always believe what we don't possess is this great thing. It's a disappointment. So cheer up!

Old 08-14-2016, 11:02 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So I am 26 and never been on a date. I'm quite ugly, though I am in shape physically, well educated, and have a good white collar job. I just suck with women and it's extremely lonely being me. How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.
There are plenty of ugly people who are in happy relationships. Attitude is everything.
As others said, get a few sessions with a counselor who you feel comfortable with, and see if you can get some tools to fix your attitude.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:20 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,308,431 times
If it helps I'll say this. Whenever I am out and about I see many guys that I would say are eh. But they're with beautiful women and even have kids with them. These men weren't blessed in the looks department but probably are very nice people to be around. Don't mope because mopiness won't get a woman wet (a little far I know). Ask a woman out and you might be surprised.

Old 08-14-2016, 01:14 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,338,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
So I am 26 and never been on a date. I'm quite ugly, though I am in shape physically, well educated, and have a good white collar job. I just suck with women and it's extremely lonely being me. How do others who are in similar situation cope being ugly and single with zero prospects in sight.
If you are in good shape, then where is your "ugliness?" The body is 7/10 of the whole body, is your face so unappealing? You have a good job, nice body, are educated, I think it is all only in your head and you are just too shy to approach women.

Do you have a friend who is an extrovert and outgoing, who could give you a start as a wing man?

Old 08-14-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Booze, a bottle of lotion and some prozac
Forget about the Prozac, though!

Old 08-14-2016, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss crabcakes View Post
i have a friend who went online and met a women in another country. They are getting married soon as she can get her visa to come over.

Maybe try international dating sites. There are women in impoverished countries who'd marry anyone to get out. They actually seem pretty happy.
nono

Old 08-14-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
A man can have a face like a smashed crab but if his body's hot, so is he.

Especially if he smells good and dresses well. That's all you need.
Yes, I agree. Well said. I think the body is moire important than the face.

Old 08-14-2016, 02:48 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times
For me, it's not that I'm ugly. I'm just too drained to take on someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships