Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 03:02 PM

74 posts, read 49,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Then there appears to be more than one young man out there who is so angry at all women because of the actions of a few, he chooses to punish them as a collective gender by withholding his........whatever it is you think you have to offer. Can't quite think of what that is though.

Good luck and may you receive all that you deserve!
Could you explain to me how I'm punishing women by not speaking to them unless you're implying that women are owed attention from me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 05:46 PM

26,701 posts, read 41,783,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
My sexy personal trainer is black, over 300 (all muscle) and 6'4". Work with what ya got.

This is the only life you get Dissenter.
Um hello? The key word is trainer. Dude probably don't have a gut, if he exists (are people 300+ lbs even getting hired to be trainers?) I do have a gut, I've gotten rid of a nice portion of it but still pretty noticeable. Again, comparisons aren't valid to my situation.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,204,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done38 View Post
Why does me being a ugly mean I have to or should be attracted to someone ugly, would you tell a single mother to only date single fathers?

HUH?? Because if you yourself are a 3, why do you think you should have an 8?

Do *YOU* bring those types of looks to the table?

No? But you want SOMEONE ELSE to?

Good luck with that.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
HUH?? Because if you yourself are a 3, why do you think you should have an 8?

Do *YOU* bring those types of looks to the table?

No? But you want SOMEONE ELSE to?

Good luck with that.
I never said I should have anything but my point was even if I'm a three that won't make me be attracted to another three, what you're describing is a relationship built out of desperation. I would rather deal with prostitutes and I already do.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:04 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,627,396 times
Quote:
I never said I should have anything but my point was even if I'm a three that won't make me be attracted to another three, what you're describing is a relationship built out of desperation. I would rather deal with prostitutes and I already do.
I would do this too. Not for sex, but you know the people who charge for cuddling services? I would totally employ a hot guy just for cuddling.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:19 AM

34,111 posts, read 83,064,731 times
Quote:
...my point was even if I'm a three that won't make me be attracted to another three.
Asymmetrical relationships happen.

But in order for YOU to compensate for being a "3" physically...
you'll have to compensate for that by being a "9" in a few other areas to attract a "7"; let alone a "9".
Maybe you have a great Personality? or high Income? or Intelligence?
It'll still be tough.

Quote:
... you're (SummerFall) describing is a relationship built out of desperation.
No. She is describing reality.

Quote:
I would rather deal with prostitutes and I already do.
Good for you.

The question and the forum are about "relationships"
Perhaps you should ask or comment in the personal finance forums about the economics involved.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Asymmetrical relationships happen.

But in order for YOU to compensate for being a "3" physically...
you'll have to compensate for that by being a "9" in a few other areas to attract a "7"; let alone a "9".
Maybe you have a great Personality? or high Income? or Intelligence?
It'll still be tough.

No. She is describing reality.

Good for you.

The question and the forum are about "relationships"
Perhaps you should ask or comment in the personal finance forums about the economics involved.
For what this thread is about using prostitutes is a viable answer so I don't know what your problem is.

Old 12-05-2016, 10:24 AM

38 posts, read 53,989 times
To the OP, it's really quite simple. Invest more time on your appearance. Go get a makeover. You saying you're ugly is what calls for some change, and that's fine.

1. Get a nice haircut that's classic, but up to date.
2. Lose or gain some weight, hit the gym -- either one can't hurt
3. Invest in teeth whitening
4. Use moisturizer to replenish dry and damaged skin
5. Go to some stores like H&M/Zara etc, and look into some classic looks, ask store associates for help on what fits and looks good for your body.

You got this.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:17 PM

9 posts, read 9,573 times
Quote:
For what this thread is about using prostitutes is a viable answer so I don't know what your problem is.
I am inclined to agree- as the thread is about coping with being unattractive and single, this is surely a response to be expected- it is still a form of human relationship. Whether you agree with it or not is not the issue - it needs to be considered objectively and not subjectively.

In fact, given all the statements being made about 'bringing assets to the table' negotiation and deals between humans under a specific numbering system, is there so much difference in essence between this and the other forms of deals where the earning ability or asset value of a potential partner forms part of the equation? The inference is that looks and money are the main bargaining counters in making a 'match' with personality a possible side element. (I should like to say more on this but haven't the opportunity right now).

It seems to me that the deal with a prostitute is analogous to negotiation for a single use licence whereas the other is the sale of a long lease.....on the basis of the many arguments presented here it is only a matter of degree.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardthird View Post
I am inclined to agree- as the thread is about coping with being unattractive and single, this is surely a response to be expected- it is still a form of human relationship. Whether you agree with it or not is not the issue - it needs to be considered objectively and not subjectively.

In fact, given all the statements being made about 'bringing assets to the table' negotiation and deals between humans under a specific numbering system, is there so much difference in essence between this and the other forms of deals where the earning ability or asset value of a potential partner forms part of the equation? The inference is that looks and money are the main bargaining counters in making a 'match' with personality a possible side element. (I should like to say more on this but haven't the opportunity right now).

It seems to me that the deal with a prostitute is analogous to negotiation for a single use licence whereas the other is the sale of a long lease.....on the basis of the many arguments presented here it is only a matter of degree.
Exactly I think what a lot of people have a problem with is they couldn't or don't have to resort to this. Well congratulations your situation is better than mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships