Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2016, 12:17 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,418,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Try this exercise:

Walk up to 100 random women that you find attractive and say this:

"Hi, I'm Tony, want to go out on a date?"

If you do this, I guarantee you that at least 1 will say yes. I bet 5-10 say yes, actually.
LOL, much easier said than done.

And I highly doubt more than 1-2 women would say yes, if at that. Why would a woman agree to a date in that scenario? She'd know nothing about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 12:42 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,954,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
LOL, much easier said than done.

And I highly doubt more than 1-2 women would say yes, if at that. Why would a woman agree to a date in that scenario? She'd know nothing about you.
Oh it would def be more than 1-2. Women will say yes out if curiosity, genuine interest, flattery, and many other reasons.

It really is that easy.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,329,209 times
Quote:
Try this exercise:

Walk up to 100 random women that you find attractive and say this:

"Hi, I'm Tony, want to go out on a date?"

If you do this, I guarantee you that at least 1 will say yes. I bet 5-10 say yes, actually.
Men please don't do this...

Old 12-06-2016, 02:31 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,954,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Men please don't do this...
....unless you want more dates than you can count.

Old 12-06-2016, 02:45 PM

737 posts, read 455,803 times
Unless you try to date very attractive women, then you wouldn't have any problem find a date. Join a meetup of your favorite activities, and meet people in real life. Most of all, stop thinking of yourself as ugly, and work on your social skill. Don't ask every woman you meet for a date like someone suggested above. However, being friendly (by greeting people with a smile, being helpful), and develop a good (not creepy) sense of humor will go a long way. Get to know women as friends and develop into something more meaningful. The more they like you and feel more comfortable with you, the more attractive you are to them.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
....unless you want more dates than you can count.
I am not going to ask a random woman I don't know on a date. That's just creeper status.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:52 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,758,216 times
Aim low and work up until you Peter Out.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:06 AM

26,702 posts, read 41,840,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut4sweets View Post
Unless you try to date very attractive women, then you wouldn't have any problem find a date. Join a meetup of your favorite activities, and meet people in real life. Most of all, stop thinking of yourself as ugly, and work on your social skill. Don't ask every woman you meet for a date like someone suggested above. However, being friendly (by greeting people with a smile, being helpful), and develop a good (not creepy) sense of humor will go a long way. Get to know women as friends and develop into something more meaningful. The more they like you and feel more comfortable with you, the more attractive you are to them.
....then you will land safely in the friendzone. Friends first just does not work. Be down front with your preference after getting to know them a bit.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:29 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,936,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I am not going to ask a random woman I don't know on a date. That's just creeper status.
I don't agree with this.

If you can't ask out random women, who are you gonna ask out? Someone you know? Someone you're friends with already? Do you have to know someone in order to ask them out? You're just asking them out, not for their hand in marriage. There's all these threads about why women don't approach and all, but if a man approaches it's creepy? I don't exactly advise to walk up and say "Hi! My name is whatever and I wanna go out with you". But I don't see anything wrong with asking random girls out. How else do you get a date? I've done it before and have gotten dates. I also sent a random message to a girl online on a non-dating site and wound up having a relationship that lasted over 5 years because of it. If they like you, they won't think it's creepy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
....then you will land safely in the friendzone. Friends first just does not work. Be down front with your preference after getting to know them a bit.
I've been over this ad nauseum. I think it's okay to go out with people you were friends with first and sometimes it works. But for it to have to be a requirement is beyond ridiculous. If I like someone, I ain't interested in being friends only. I'm also not interested in being her friend for 6 months or whatever time before FINALLY asking her out.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I don't agree with this.

If you can't ask out random women, who are you gonna ask out? Someone you know? Someone you're friends with already? Do you have to know someone in order to ask them out? You're just asking them out, not for their hand in marriage. There's all these threads about why women don't approach and all, but if a man approaches it's creepy? I don't exactly advise to walk up and say "Hi! My name is whatever and I wanna go out with you". But I don't see anything wrong with asking random girls out. How else do you get a date? I've done it before and have gotten dates. I also sent a random message to a girl online on a non-dating site and wound up having a relationship that lasted over 5 years because of it. If they like you, they won't think it's creepy.

I've been over this ad nauseum. I think it's okay to go out with people you were friends with first and sometimes it works. But for it to have to be a requirement is beyond ridiculous. If I like someone, I ain't interested in being friends only. I'm also not interested in being her friend for 6 months or whatever time before FINALLY asking her out.
Last time I did that a female poster got on me for being shallow for doing that. It's like I am asking her out because of how she looks and I want to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships