Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 09:19 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times

Advertisements

There is a lot I don't care about my appearance. So body building has been a hobby of mine since a teenager now. I can only control what I can control. My appearance otherwise is average with the rest. Average height at 5'9". I just try to be the best I can be.

With all that said, I've been terrible in the relationship department. It's been going on 7 or 8 years now since my last relationship. I really don't know why.

So I look at the positives of having the freedom of being single. I've been taking the time I have to study for the MCAT, focus on playing out in the band, etc.

Look at the positives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 11:43 PM

298 posts, read 276,831 times
learn to still date being ugly I guess.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:48 AM

511 posts, read 402,231 times
I don't cope. I just am...

Old 08-11-2016, 08:19 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,250,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are TONS of ugly people out there who are married and have kids. They just found their counterpart, didn't let expectations or lack of confidence get in the way. You can be ugly, but the confidence to move past that is the only thing that will make someone else look past it.

Don't see many dogs with attractive guys, but many beauties with ugly guys. It's just the way it is.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:31 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Being ugly has absolutely nothing to do with being single. Its simply the fact that you think you are ugly that is stopping you from having any success with the opposite sex. To yourself you may be ugly, but to some you will be attractive. However, no one is attracted to someone who cant get over the fact that they think they are ugly. You have to accept yourself for who you are, be happy and content with your life before you can be succesful in dating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
There are TONS of ugly people out there who are married and have kids. They just found their counterpart, didn't let expectations or lack of confidence get in the way. You can be ugly, but the confidence to move past that is the only thing that will make someone else look past it.
I realize these are 4 year old posts, but just because this thread was bumped....

I agree with these. Go out in public to place where a lot of people are at. A mall or a zoo, a park or the beach maybe. You'll see guys walking around with women, who it'll be obvious that they're a couple. You'll notice some ugly dudes with other ugly women, or even ugly or below average dudes with above average or even very beautiful women!

When I was unsuccessful with women, I'd see some average looking women and they'd be with a guy I thought was a few steps down from me. And I'd think "how did he get her? I would probably date her and I look way better than him".

At some point, I really believe it goes past your looks. And it's funny because even before the time in my life that I just referenced, I had been in a 5 year relationship with a very beautiful woman that at least at the time I was with her, was out of my league looks wise. I was very overweight at the time and I always thought after the fact "Some guys must have been saying the same things about me when I was with her".

Old 08-11-2016, 03:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Whenever I was single I just did my own thing I wasn't worried about what women thought of me. If a woman thought I was ugly, I didn't care and still don't. Not everyone is going to like you.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:30 PM

121 posts, read 74,686 times
I'm pretty ugly but I have a great personality, which is why I've been happily married for 14 years

BTW my kids came out gorgeous.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:53 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
A guy shouldn't worry THAT much about feeling ugly. Someone eventually will find him nice to be around with. Women seem to be more forgiving about a guy's looks as long as he is nice, fun to be with, a gentleman (with all that it implies), has a job, etc. just like guys are more forgiving about a woman's economic status.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:57 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Try to have good body language and not a weird or creepy looking face, for all the guys out there that are struggling!

That was a big problem with me. One time a pretty girl walked past me and smiled, so I smiled back at her and got up and talked to her. I don't even remember what I said, she had two younger sisters (I'm assuming or they were relatives of some sort) she was hanging out with and I think they were on vacation. Our ages shortly came up afterward, I was 28 at the time and she was 18. I don't think my age turned her off (though I could see she thought I was younger and one of the younger siblings said she thought I was younger) because we said a few more things. I think I must have done something to send off a creepy vibe, as she abruptly said ''Okay, well it was nice talking to you, we have to go now!'' to which I just said ''You too'' and left. It was probably weak body language or a creepy looking face I was making.

I started noticing women looking at me when I was driving by, like at red lights and if they were sitting on a bench by a red light. Despite rarely looking at me when walking. And I wasn't overweight (Anymore) and I by no means drive anything flashy. Body language is very important.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Ugly guys who think only rich ugly guys can be with good looking women will probably never be with good looking women.

Ugly guys who think otherwise however...

Why ugly men always attract the prettiest women | Daily Mail Online

7 Reasons Hot Women Will Still Date You If You're An Ugly Guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships