Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 06:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,825,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course, and I'm very pro choice...but you can't force a woman to get an abortion. I suppose it's easy for you to say 'just go get an abortion' because you'll never have to get one.

It's the tattoos, the scars, the height, the weight, the hair etc etc etc. on and on forever. I'm just not a very conventionally attractive woman and will always have issues dating and I've definitely come to terms with it
I don't see anything wrong or unattractive about you. Your hair and height are not a problem and your scars can't be that bad and even if they are no one is perfect. A girl that can turn a wrench is hot and rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I don't see anything wrong or unattractive about you. Your hair and height are not a problem and your scars can't be that bad and even if they are no one is perfect. A girl that can turn a wrench is hot and rare.
Ya know, I hear stuff like that all the time but in reality, most men don't want a girl who can turn a wrench. They want the pretty girl who poses next to the car, not the one who makes it run.

My height is absolutely a problem, considering I've been told many, MANY times that that's the only reason why a man won't date me, and I have a bunch of surgery scars. I actually had a guy get up in the middle of being 'intimate' and walk out because my scars 'were gross'.

So yeah, it's not a big deal, I'm just not that physically attractive. I have my planes and my cars so I'm happy for now

Old 08-02-2012, 07:49 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Ya know, I hear stuff like that all the time but in reality, most men don't want a girl who can turn a wrench. They want the pretty girl who poses next to the car, not the one who makes it run.

My height is absolutely a problem, considering I've been told many, MANY times that that's the only reason why a man won't date me, and I have a bunch of surgery scars. I actually had a guy get up in the middle of being 'intimate' and walk out because my scars 'were gross'.

So yeah, it's not a big deal, I'm just not that physically attractive. I have my planes and my cars so I'm happy for now
I didn't know about those scars, I don't know if you want to talk about it but if you do I would like to know with all due respect. But anyway for that guy to walk out on you like that such a moment it was very rude of him.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:05 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
I didn't know about those scars, I don't know if you want to talk about it but if you do I would like to know with all due respect. But anyway for that guy to walk out on you like that such a moment it was very rude of him.
Surgery scars from when I was younger. I keloid really bad so even though the large one on my stomach (goes from between my breasts to my belly button) is nearly 20 years old, it still looks fresh. I also have a lot of 'track marks' from the hundreds of IVs I've received over the years, as well as a rather large scar across my collarbone from another surgery.

It may have been rude of him, but I'm glad he walked out before sex, instead of after.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,630,321 times
Quote:
Surgery scars from when I was younger. I keloid really bad so even though the large one on my stomach (goes from between my breasts to my belly button) is nearly 20 years old, it still looks fresh. I also have a lot of 'track marks' from the hundreds of IVs I've received over the years, as well as a rather large scar across my collarbone from another surgery.

It may have been rude of him, but I'm glad he walked out before sex, instead of after.
You know I don't find that to be enough reason to feel disgusted by you it doesn't sound that bad to me. I'm sorry but I don't see that as an excuse to walk out on you. It is a shame girl, I think you are awsome.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:57 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:

It is a whole hell of a lot easier from where I stand, already in a committed relationship I am thrilled with. But it is hard not to think, thank all the deities that that guy showed his true asshat colors!

Quote:
To someone, you are the most lovely thing in the world. Inside and out. I know someone who is 300 lbs, has a beard, just not someone I find pleasant to look on. To her husband, she is the most beautiful being in the world.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:39 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
I generally think the "friend zone" applies in regards to a girl whom you met under the pretense, expectation, or implication of a romantic relationship, but who instead decides that you are better "friend" material - despite the fact that there is still mutual flirtation, and often, she places the said "friend zoned" guy in situations that she would otherwise place a boyfriend.

You are the first person among all her other friends, male or female, whom she's had forever, that she calls when she hits an emotional impasse.
You are the only guy friend that she would consider inviting over at odd hours for pillow talk. Maybe even for a sleepover. In the same bed.
When she finds out that you are interested in or dating someone, she has nothing positive to say about the person and tries to monopolize your free time in a bid to keep you from them.
She often needs you for a hug, a cuddle, a nuzzle. Maybe even a smooch.
But, by god, you are NOT dating. You are NOT a couple. You are FRIENDS. If you try to move past this, she will tell you she's not ineterested and she doesn't like you like that.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:51 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I generally think the "friend zone" applies in regards to a girl whom you met under the pretense, expectation, or implication of a romantic relationship, but who instead decides that you are better "friend" material - despite the fact that there is still mutual flirtation, and often, she places the said "friend zoned" guy in situations that she would otherwise place a boyfriend.

You are the first person among all her other friends, male or female, whom she's had forever, that she calls when she hits an emotional impasse.
You are the only guy friend that she would consider inviting over at odd hours for pillow talk. Maybe even for a sleepover. In the same bed.
When she finds out that you are interested in or dating someone, she has nothing positive to say about the person and tries to monopolize your free time in a bid to keep you from them.
She often needs you for a hug, a cuddle, a nuzzle. Maybe even a smooch.
But, by god, you are NOT dating. You are NOT a couple. You are FRIENDS. If you try to move past this, she will tell you she's not ineterested and she doesn't like you like that.
That guy is in her back pocket. He is her ego boost bc she is quintessential attention wh#re.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
That guy is in her back pocket. He is her ego boost bc she is quintessential attention wh#re.
Yeah, and what incentive does she have to date him if he's always at her beck and call?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
Yep, the friend zone is a place where all the nice guys, good guys, gentlemen, doormats and generaly guys without a backbone end up. It perfectly fine to respect women, but some guys forget to respect themselves first. Remember this, women keep their freinds and lovers seperate and for a very good reason. So, if anyone is under iullusion that becoming friends first is a good idea, please snap out of it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships