Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2012, 09:43 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
- Pagan
- Autumn is my favorite season.
Reed, just asking, were you always pagan, if you don't mind my asking, because that's not often seen in the Southeast?

About autumn, I could imagine that would fairly spectacular where you live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
What I find fascinating is not just the lists themselves - but what each of us chose to put in them. It's so neat to see how people see themselves and what's important. There are lots of things that others included but I left out (and vice versa, I'm sure) - which surprised me. I didn't mention my religion, my political views, or my appearance (other than to say I'm neurotic about my weight). It's not like I did that on purpose - I just find it interesting that I didn't think to include them.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
Hmmm...
1. Tall
2. White
3. Blonde
4. Over educated
5. Cat lover
6. Ambitious
7. Motivated
8. Lots of fun on a road trip.
9. A bit OCD
10. Skis too fast.

That is plenty.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I going to try to not saying anything based on my personal appearance or anything listed in my profile.
Thirty-two (!) line items tends toward the narcissistic. Just messin' wicha.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
What I find fascinating is not just the lists themselves - but what each of us chose to put in them. It's so neat to see how people see themselves and what's important. There are lots of things that others included but I left out (and vice versa, I'm sure) - which surprised me. I didn't mention my religion, my political views, or my appearance (other than to say I'm neurotic about my weight). It's not like I did that on purpose - I just find it interesting that I didn't think to include them.
There's stuff I left off on purpose. Like what I look like, when I said hippie, I meant mentality not the way I look or dress. I left off my physical traits because they don't mean much to me. I exercise and eat a certain way for health not for appearance. As for the order I put my list in, it's not really that I put the most important ones first, those were just the ones that popped up in my head first.

Old 10-03-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay - here goes!

20. I'm proud to be a Michigan Wolverine.
Dig all your locations: So Cal, Ann Arbor, Westchester Co.
If you would only fix the capitalization of your damn town.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:28 PM

210 posts, read 1,170,668 times
1. 5'5"
2. Slim and curvy
3. Creative. Hobbies include photography, drawing, and painting. Some of my works hang in galleries, and I've sold quite a few.
4. Love to meet new people, outgoing, friendly
5. Excellent at games--Jeopardy, Trivial Pursuit, Scrabble, Balderdash, Articulate!, Taboo, Cranium, Apples to Apples
6. Athletic. Love running, hiking, tennis, swimming, jet skiing, horseback riding
7. Competitive
8. Generous
9. Loyal
10. Intuitive
11. Love to give parties and cook for friends
12. Love to laugh. I love intelligent comedy: films and TV shows (Real Time with Bill Maher, The Daily Show); comedians (Margaret Cho, Steven Wright, Dave Chappelle)
13. Tend toward being over responsible
14. Movie buff
15. Love to travel
16. Well educated, and like to learn new things
17. Sometimes stubborn
18. Cannot stand lying. If I catch someone lying to me, I drop them like a hot potato. If I can't trust you, you can't be my friend.
19. I have an excellent memory. I almost never forget anything. This came handy in school. I didn't really have to study much to get good grades because I almost always remembered whatever the teachers said.
20. I love coffee and am a coffee snob.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
There's stuff I left off on purpose. Like what I look like, when I said hippie, I meant mentality not the way I look or dress. I left off my physical traits because they don't mean much to me. I exercise and eat a certain way for health not for appearance. As for the order I put my list in, it's not really that I put the most important ones first, those were just the ones that popped up in my head first.
I didn't purposely leave off anything - I guess that's what I found so surprising! I didn't put them in order either - but I have a feeling that my first few really are the most important to me - that's why they popped in my head first. As for what I look like - I think I can be a bit vain - and although I do exercise and eat well for health reasons - it's also for appearance reasons. That's why I thought it was funny that I didn't put anything about what I look like on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Dig all your locations: So Cal, Ann Arbor, Westchester Co.
If you would only fix the capitalization of your damn town.
nOw, yoU kNow i cAn'T Do thAt.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Hmm let's see

1) 5'8"
2) body always bouncing between slightly athletic and slightly curvy
3) passionate about the people and things that I love
4) peaceful and greatly value serenity
5) sentimental and nostalgic
6) deeply loyal
7) love the beach and all things related to the ocean
8) can be a walking contradition at times
9) shopaholic...this will never change
10) a little spoiled...ok maybe a lot spoiled
11) love traveling - suffer from wanderlust
12) passion for interior design and living beautifully is an absolute necessity
13) well educated - finishing a Masters degree
14) very deep connection to my roots and have a strong appreciation for my ancestors
15) Roman Catholic with a great deal of respect for other religions - deeply spiritual but not religious
16) a true romantic at heart
17) love learning new things....currently a wannabe artist (painting and mixed media)
18) Love almost all types of music and will give any genre a try at least once
19) try to live holistically...trying to work my way into becoming a vegan...have yet to succeed
20) love to laugh and require positive energy from those around me

(a list of 20 really isn't enough to describe me though)

Old 10-03-2012, 11:20 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Male
Sexually uncertain
5'8 (wish I was at least 6'2)
Poor
Living at Home
Hard working
Good sense of humor
Lover of music
Orlando Magic fan
Well-traveled (seen every state on I-95 except Maine, and every state along I-10, and Nevada)
Tequila Enthusiast (though not a drunk)
Beautiful green eyes (as women like to tell me)
Love to play Nintendo 64
Love cars
Love sunsets
Photography
Big fan of 'The Office' (even though Michael Scott is gone)
Considered a "Native" Floridian
Work for a major grocery retailer
I love to sketch

Coming up with 20 was harder than I thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships