Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 04:39 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times

Advertisements

My Bowie knife is one of my prized possessions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,836,360 times
1. I'm a triplet
2. I'm in love with walkable cities
3. I have a passion for philanthropy
4. I love cooking restaurant style dishes only, lol , big time foodie as well (girl can eat)
5. I love hot tea
6. I am a Christian (still exploring )
7. I love traveling
8. I am highly intuitive
9. I read about 2 books a month
10. I am 27yrs old
11. I love fashion
12. I love all things art (film, photography, galleries, etc)
13. I do really well with creative writing
14. I love learning
15. I can be clumsy at times
16. My mind easily wanders at times
17. I'm extremely girly
18. I am a horrible singer, but love karaoke
19. I love wine
20. I have completed my bachelors

Old 10-08-2012, 05:02 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
1. I love autumn.

I love the seasonal changes in general, but the colder seasons hold a special place in my heart because I'm pretty warm-blooded. Sleeping next to me has been described as sleeping with a furnace. That's not the sum of why I love autumn, however.

I love the homeyness that comes with cool weather, dressing warmly and bringing in wood for the fire... taking breaks from outdoor chores to warm up a while with broth or bouillion or chocolate, or a bowl of soup or chili. I love the heartiness of cool-weather dishes more than I love the lightness and coolness of warm-weather dishes, despite that I love them too.

In cool weather blankets are special, lovers are snuggly, children even moreso. The light from evening windows takes on a welcoming quality as one escapes from the night. The leaves change and even the air smells sharp, crisp, almost fruity with an underlying iron tang that whispers of snow yet a long way off. The flannel comes out and ol' Sasquatch begins to smile more broadly and speak more loudly than at other times of the year.

2. I love coffee so darned tasty you gulp the first cup down and turn right around to have another.

This is most often reserved for espresso which I then flavour with raw sugar and rich, whole cream.

3. I love walking on foggy, frosty mornings, and I love walking on the still, frozen mornings after ice storms.

Mornings like those listed above are special to me for the vastness of the silence that envelopes the land. Birds are still, sounds are muffled to the brink of nonexistence, the light is subdued for quite a long time as the world struggles to shiver and wake, presses to shake off the coat of winter and burst free.

On mornings like that I can walk for hours until the sun gets too bright.

4. I believe Love and Passion are two very different things despite that they travel together.

I believe passion can make us do powerful, foolish things as well as amazing, genuinely wonderful things. I believe Love is both a question of susceptibility and determination.

I believe Passion is a question of power in many ways, while Love renders one both Master and Slave all at once, IF mutual. If not, it bears the mark of the most dangerous hurt in the world.

5. I know what it means to be lonely and I know what it means to regret.

6. Pizza is my favorite food. I love food in general, but pizza is the food that makes my soul shiver.

7. Other than by my son, in all my life I've been hugged, truly HUGGED, once.

Not "hugged back", and not socially pacified in order to meet prerequisites, but HUGGED by someone who held me and drank me in. I've never forgotten how it felt and I often wonder whether I'll ever feel it again.

8. Time has run out for the afternoon and I have to go. How's that for something about me?

If you don't write for a living you should consider it

(and I'm hugging you in my heart right now)

Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Um ditto.. That description of autumn made me want to find a new cozy book to read. No kidding

Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 PM

162 posts, read 177,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Some of these are quite interesting. Some are incredibly boring. Kind? Honest? Loyal? Surely you're not so generic?
sometimes less is more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh, I'm creative all damned day. People pay good money for that. Here you get me for free.
you forgot to add humble to your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The duality of me

1 Im sad but I'm happy
2 I'm poor but I'm rich
3 I'm healthy but mental
4 I'm selfish but I am kind
5 I'm high but I am grounded
6 I'm sane but really really mental
7 I'm lost but I am hopeful
8 I'm stoned but I'm sober
9 I'm young but again not
10 I'm underpaid but working
11 I care but then I don't
11 I'm content but restless
12 I'm here but really gone
13 I'm regretful but making up
14 I'm free but isolated
15 I'm friendly but introverted
16 I'm naive but wise
17 I'm focused but procrastinate
18 I'm am confident but insecure
19 I'm judgemental but caring
20 I'm good looking but think not so much
21 I'm romantic but sexually deviant
22 I'm loyal but afraid to commit

What it all comes down to is I haven't got it all figuired out just yet but its gonna be fine fine fine,, because I,ve got one hand on my guitar and the other on my ....
best list of the bunch so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
How's that for something about me?
i don't think it was meant to be a contest, you should add long-winded with a tendency to fish for compliments to your list.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:

Um that was me I was already. Lol

Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
1. I'm a triplet
2. I'm in love with walkable cities
3. I have a passion for philanthropy
4. I love cooking restaurant style dishes only, lol , big time foodie as well (girl can eat)
5. I love hot tea
6. I am a Christian (still exploring )
7. I love traveling
8. I am highly intuitive
9. I read about 2 books a month
10. I am 27yrs old
11. I love fashion
12. I love all things art (film, photography, galleries, etc)
13. I do really well with creative writing
14. I love learning
15. I can be clumsy at times
16. My mind easily wanders at times
17. I'm extremely girly
18. I am a horrible singer, but love karaoke
19. I love wine
20. I have completed my bachelors
And some good man somewhere will be very lucky to find you

Old 10-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
And some good man somewhere will be very lucky to find you
Ohhh thanks loves! *sigh* You are so very sweet, you just put the biggest smile on my face, lol.

I sure hope so!

Old 10-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTN2A2 View Post
Ohhh thanks loves! *sigh* You are so very sweet, you just put the biggest smile on my face, lol.

I sure hope so!
There is absolutely, positively NO QUESTION your Mr. Right is out there - you have WAY too much going on in all aspects for the good men to ignore you.

And I'm not trying to flatter you - I just always call'em like I see'em on this forum

Old 10-09-2012, 02:11 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,375,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Well, here goes the kitchen sink:
Hates politics. I understand that I have to vote this November. I understand that I have to do my research. I don't always vote one way or another. I vote for who I like, period.
Don't be ashamed to admit this one. I think most sane people do. I used to NOT register to vote to avoid being called for jury duty. Now, they get you via your DL. I have sat out several elections, including the last one (2008). I am not sitting out this one, though. Politicians are crooks, for the most part, and score much higher than average on the narcissism scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships