Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Though it's not a nice desk job like many on here have it seems.

Hey! I have nothing to do at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 08:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
And yeah Robert, I've got nothing agianst you either. It seems that I"m going to have to break down and show some kind of list about me on here.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,152,691 times
Quote:
It seems that I"m going to have to break down and show some kind of list about me on here.
Why haven't you, Prince?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Why haven't you, Prince?
At first I saw some posters judging people, and I responded with "That ain't cool." and I wasn't going to post anything about myself.

Then a day or so later, I was starting to make one in my head, then I had an antagonizing rep comment, so at that point I was going to stick to my guns about not doing it.

Now it's Sunday night and I'm still being asked to post one lol. I guess I'm going to have to rethink about it and see what I can come up with.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
Night folks! Magnatomicflux doesn't have a computer and is leaving work.

Be back Wednesday night.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:50 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
I thought about this. It isn't the first time, I've thought about lists of "me" before; but then I had an assignment for something similar in a class once and I began to wonder how OTHERS see me and how it differs from the way I see myself.

It differed in some significant ways, although not badly. The things which would spring to my own mind when I "saw" myself weren't necessarily the things which would spring to the minds of others.

For some, my singing voice came to mind, for some the tagline "the most amazing kisser" came to mind (I knew I enjoyed kissing but unless something is openly stated, there's no telling how someone else sees one) and for others there were tags like moody, difficult to really know, generally happy, great cook, creative, artistic, etc, etc...

The fact of the matter is that when I think about ME and how to describe myself I can't really say I'm handsome (for example) because I know some women have described me as handsome while a few have told me they considered me most definitively UNattractive and I consider myself thoroughly average in the looks department, with some good points and some bad points. I couldn't describe myself as friendly because with some I'm amazingly friendly, while with others I make no bones about the fact that I don't care for their company.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,164 times
1. I love autumn.

I love the seasonal changes in general, but the colder seasons hold a special place in my heart because I'm pretty warm-blooded. Sleeping next to me has been described as sleeping with a furnace. That's not the sum of why I love autumn, however.

I love the homeyness that comes with cool weather, dressing warmly and bringing in wood for the fire... taking breaks from outdoor chores to warm up a while with broth or bouillion or chocolate, or a bowl of soup or chili. I love the heartiness of cool-weather dishes more than I love the lightness and coolness of warm-weather dishes, despite that I love them too.

In cool weather blankets are special, lovers are snuggly, children even moreso. The light from evening windows takes on a welcoming quality as one escapes from the night. The leaves change and even the air smells sharp, crisp, almost fruity with an underlying iron tang that whispers of snow yet a long way off. The flannel comes out and ol' Sasquatch begins to smile more broadly and speak more loudly than at other times of the year.

2. I love coffee so darned tasty you gulp the first cup down and turn right around to have another.

This is most often reserved for espresso which I then flavour with raw sugar and rich, whole cream.

3. I love walking on foggy, frosty mornings, and I love walking on the still, frozen mornings after ice storms.

Mornings like those listed above are special to me for the vastness of the silence that envelopes the land. Birds are still, sounds are muffled to the brink of nonexistence, the light is subdued for quite a long time as the world struggles to shiver and wake, presses to shake off the coat of winter and burst free.

On mornings like that I can walk for hours until the sun gets too bright.

4. I believe Love and Passion are two very different things despite that they travel together.

I believe passion can make us do powerful, foolish things as well as amazing, genuinely wonderful things. I believe Love is both a question of susceptibility and determination.

I believe Passion is a question of power in many ways, while Love renders one both Master and Slave all at once, IF mutual. If not, it bears the mark of the most dangerous hurt in the world.

5. I know what it means to be lonely and I know what it means to regret.

6. Pizza is my favorite food. I love food in general, but pizza is the food that makes my soul shiver.

7. Other than by my son, in all my life I've been hugged, truly HUGGED, once.

Not "hugged back", and not socially pacified in order to meet prerequisites, but HUGGED by someone who held me and drank me in. I've never forgotten how it felt and I often wonder whether I'll ever feel it again.

8. Time has run out for the afternoon and I have to go. How's that for something about me?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Well, here goes the kitchen sink:
  1. I was completely average in high school, but I excelled in history and English.
  2. Sports fan. Football, basketball, baseball. Hockey sometimes.
  3. Athletic and strong. Used to be heavily involved in weight liften, and played football and basketball.
  4. I wear glasses. I have a stigmatism and I've worn glasses since I was 5, when I first put on my first hubble telescope and pointed out to my parents that those dots moving in the street were actually cars.
  5. Only child my mom had. My dad had 2 others before me in another marriage, but they hate him, and they don't care for me because I came from him, too.
  6. Doesn't speak unless spoken to. I pretty much kept to myself growing up, so I didn't say a whole lot, and my parents wasn't at home too often, so I didn't have a reason to speak out, so now as an adult, if I don't have anything important to say, I don't say it. Kind of like Silent Bob from Clerks.
  7. When I do speak about an important topic with thoughts, friends are startled. Thing is, is when people are engaged in an arguement or are having discussion about a controverisial topic, I just lay back and let them talk. Then if someone asks me for an opinion, and it's both logical and a better response, they take a few steps away because I'm both physically intimidating and intelligent.
  8. I'v got an associates degree. Depsite knowing that I didn't like school, I still went out and obtained an associates degree and graduated with high honors, to make my mom happy before passing.
  9. Very laid back personality.
  10. I'm a foody. I enjoy quality food and I enjoy cooking quality food. But I still keep cheap canned pastas in my cupboard, since I'm not going to cook every night.
  11. Not super outdoorsy. Maybe one camping trip a year, but I'm not OK sleeping with bugs, and I value my bed moreso than what the outdoors would like to bring me.
  12. Not well-traveled. I've been to the Smokey Mountains, and I've been to Georgia. That's about it as far as traveling is concerned.
  13. Amazing listener. I've had random phone calls from friends and family and they've vented for hours at a time to me. I'll be in line at a grocery store, or getting gas, and someone in front of me will vent about how the person checking out is taking too long, or how he just got divorced from his cheating wife and has X kids and paying X amount of child support. I don't say a whole lot, but I guess I have that face that people just wants to vent at.
  14. Hates politics. I understand that I have to vote this November. I understand that I have to do my research. I don't always vote one way or another. I vote for who I like, period.
  15. Love watching paranormal shows. Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness on Sci Fi on Wensday, Ghost Adventures and that other show right after on Friday. I don't miss my shows!
  16. I'm a Christian, but I accept all other religions, except satanism. So long as you don't force your religion on me, as I don't force my religion onto others.
  17. Huge fan of fall. 60s and 70s, changing of the leaves, the coming holidays, all are reminiscent of younger, youthful years. And I loathe summer. Super hot temps, the rediculous humidity are what I hate very most....And the bugs..
  18. HATE...BUGS...I have a can of raid and my roommate owns his own can of raid. When I can't find my can or his can...Well I shortly after have to clean up a pile of goo..
  19. It seems like all the hair that I once had on my head is leaving my head and finding it's way down to my face. It's amazing how fast I can grow a beard, and my friends and other men also comment on how thick it can grow in.
  20. I work an extremely physical job. On a weekly basis I get dirty, beat up, bruised, cut, punctured, smashed, lift 200lb objects on a regular basis and sometimes heavier, operate bobcats, forklifts, cranes, and loaders. And about Thursday I come home completely gassed and I pass out from the beating and the work I do.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:04 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Well, here goes the kitchen sink:
  1. I was completely average in high school, but I excelled in history and English.
  2. Sports fan. Football, basketball, baseball. Hockey sometimes.
  3. Athletic and strong. Used to be heavily involved in weight liften, and played football and basketball.
  4. I wear glasses. I have a stigmatism and I've worn glasses since I was 5, when I first put on my first hubble telescope and pointed out to my parents that those dots moving in the street were actually cars.
  5. Only child my mom had. My dad had 2 others before me in another marriage, but they hate him, and they don't care for me because I came from him, too.
  6. Doesn't speak unless spoken to. I pretty much kept to myself growing up, so I didn't say a whole lot, and my parents wasn't at home too often, so I didn't have a reason to speak out, so now as an adult, if I don't have anything important to say, I don't say it. Kind of like Silent Bob from Clerks.
  7. When I do speak about an important topic with thoughts, friends are startled. Thing is, is when people are engaged in an arguement or are having discussion about a controverisial topic, I just lay back and let them talk. Then if someone asks me for an opinion, and it's both logical and a better response, they take a few steps away because I'm both physically intimidating and intelligent.
  8. I'v got an associates degree. Depsite knowing that I didn't like school, I still went out and obtained an associates degree and graduated with high honors, to make my mom happy before passing.
  9. Very laid back personality.
  10. I'm a foody. I enjoy quality food and I enjoy cooking quality food. But I still keep cheap canned pastas in my cupboard, since I'm not going to cook every night.
  11. Not super outdoorsy. Maybe one camping trip a year, but I'm not OK sleeping with bugs, and I value my bed moreso than what the outdoors would like to bring me.
  12. Not well-traveled. I've been to the Smokey Mountains, and I've been to Georgia. That's about it as far as traveling is concerned.
  13. Amazing listener. I've had random phone calls from friends and family and they've vented for hours at a time to me. I'll be in line at a grocery store, or getting gas, and someone in front of me will vent about how the person checking out is taking too long, or how he just got divorced from his cheating wife and has X kids and paying X amount of child support. I don't say a whole lot, but I guess I have that face that people just wants to vent at.
  14. Hates politics. I understand that I have to vote this November. I understand that I have to do my research. I don't always vote one way or another. I vote for who I like, period.
  15. Love watching paranormal shows. Ghost Hunters and Paranormal Witness on Sci Fi on Wensday, Ghost Adventures and that other show right after on Friday. I don't miss my shows!
  16. I'm a Christian, but I accept all other religions, except satanism. So long as you don't force your religion on me, as I don't force my religion onto others.
  17. Huge fan of fall. 60s and 70s, changing of the leaves, the coming holidays, all are reminiscent of younger, youthful years. And I loathe summer. Super hot temps, the rediculous humidity are what I hate very most....And the bugs..
  18. HATE...BUGS...I have a can of raid and my roommate owns his own can of raid. When I can't find my can or his can...Well I shortly after have to clean up a pile of goo..
  19. It seems like all the hair that I once had on my head is leaving my head and finding it's way down to my face. It's amazing how fast I can grow a beard, and my friends and other men also comment on how thick it can grow in.
  20. I work an extremely physical job. On a weekly basis I get dirty, beat up, bruised, cut, punctured, smashed, lift 200lb objects on a regular basis and sometimes heavier, operate bobcats, forklifts, cranes, and loaders. And about Thursday I come home completely gassed and I pass out from the beating and the work I do.
Great job

Fall is my favorite time of year too!

And I am not at all surprised that you are considered a great listener.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Great job

Fall is my favorite time of year too!

And I am not at all surprised that you are considered a great listener.
It took all day for me to start, plus an hour after I stepped out of the shower to put it all out in a post that made some kind of sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships