Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,315,264 times

Advertisements

I'd say these:

sincere
sarcastic
at times, hilarious
charming
witty
unorthodox
paradoxical
musically inclined
at times, temperamental
at times, loyal to a fault
sympathetic
champion of underdogs
a bit of an idealist
'I'm the jealous kind' (thanks, Joe Cocker!)
impatient
interesting ( or so I've been told)
tough
complex
tenacious
dashing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 04:43 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I've been pondering this post, and the one that prompted it for a few days now.

I want to start by saying, what a privilege it has been to get to know you in particular here Braunwyn. I have great respect and admiration for you and your very fine mind.

Right now I also have extreme gratitude for your kind words above. Thank you for seeing me.

It has been my observation that tone of voice does not always easily transfer to the written word. Because of this, unfortunately, sometimes some of us find ourselves misunderstood.

It would never be my intent to imply that I feel I am somehow superior to anyone else here.

I simply view myself as a traveler who may have gotten further down the road than others here at this point in time.

I want to apologize to anyone who feels as though my attempts to share what I have learned on that journey felt like judgement or condemnation. I was just often so anxious to share what I know in an effort to make life easier for some than I myself had it.

My list of "20" is below.

Since this may be my last post here for a while, I hope anyone reading will overlook the fact that I went over 20. Peace

Christ follower
happy, blessed wife
proud mom
patriotic
loyal friend
involved in feeding 150 hungry kids every week
cat rescuer
cares deeply
loves passionately
talks too fast
peacemaker
relationship investor
medical/teaching backgrounds
will talk to anyone
Libertarian
American History buff
PTSD survivor
real estate hobbyist
mountain lover
well intentioned, but flawed
anthropology minded
tender hearted
work in progress
grateful - especially for the friends I have found here
I'll miss seeing your posts, Loves. But I completely understand. This forum is not what it used to be.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'll miss seeing your posts, Loves. But I completely understand. This forum is not what it used to be.
I don't want to get off track but since I haven't been around all that long and you brought it up what about this forum that has gone downhill? There are some jerks here, that's for sure. But that goes with every forum. But maybe I'm missing something else.

I like lovesMountains posts as well. She will be missed.

BTW - no point in a list for me because I have revealed a lot in my public profile already.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:46 AM

It would be against the rules for me to even go into it. If you've been here a while, you would know what I am talking about. Many regulars have left for the same reason.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:00 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times
Female
Atheist
Red-Head
Fiercely Loyal
Thoughtful ( and have a tendency to overanalyze things as a result)
Passionate
Extremely Curious ( I hate not understanding things , it makes me nuts ! )
Depressed
Stubborn - Viscerally so.
Reserved/ Almost Pathologically shy
Not terribly settled or domesticated ( I crave travel and moving around)
Borderline OCD on cleaning
Loathe Shopping
Idealist-Pessimist (wishes for the best and expects the worst)
Loving/Affectionate
Must have books about me at all times or I shall wither and die
Gourmet and Gourmande - Foodie
Huge interest in Cultural Events ( Art, Museums, Opera, Concerts, Theatre, Cinema), Architecture, Archaeology and History
Love Animals - Often more than Humans I fear
Easily Bored
I never forget any wrong done to me. EVER. I have tried to vanquish this deficiency and kink in my character and I cannot.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Feminist
Atheist
Lover of champagne
Decadent
Connoisseur of French perfume
Flirty
Reserved
Cynical - “Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.†― George Carlin
Movie buff
Avid reader
Socially liberal, fiscally conservative
Trauma RN
Peace loving
Car enthusiast, especially muscle cars
Eclectic music tastes
Loyal
Even tempered except in this forum
Dark sense of humour
Plays well with others but prefers her own company
Long dark hair, brown eyes

Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Really, the only 20s I enjoy reading are those of people I've befriended or those I banter with.

I think your list would start with "1) I know everything." That's my impression, and maybe that of a few others. Your "humility" is more feigned than it is genuine. You should work on that.
And you need to work on shutting your ugly mouth about people. You are such a negative, hateful, spiteful little man. I had you on ignore for a good reason. I hope others will follow suit and ignore this troll of a human before he infects the whole forum with his foul attitude.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:21 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,381,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
And you need to work on shutting your ugly mouth about people. You are such a negative, hateful, spiteful little man. I had you on ignore for a good reason. I hope others will follow suit and ignore this troll of a human before he infects the whole forum with his foul attitude.
I'm negative when it's called for. I just sent you a rep point and "signed it." Hopefully, you will better understand why I made that comment. If you do, great. If you don't, that's fine, too.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,544,998 times
I love how some of these things read like a personal ad. Which means some here are full of .

Last edited by reed067; 10-16-2012 at 08:09 PM..

Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I'm negative when it's called for. I just sent you a rep point and "signed it." Hopefully, you will better understand why I made that comment. If you do, great. If you don't, that's fine, too.
You asked if I repped you....no, I certainly did not. I don't leave anonymous reps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships