Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Lol!
That would be interesting.

I was mostly kidding/teasing, though.

I am Indian and adore Indian food, but I have never enjoyed Mexican, Tex-Mex, Cal-Mex, etc, food at all.
It's boring and one-note and generally lacks complexity.

Weird, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol!

I am Indian and adore Indian food, but I have never enjoyed Mexican, Tex-Mex, Cal-Mex, etc, food at all.

Weird, huh?
That is weird...I find Mexican (in the right places) to be super layered! I really don't like Tex-Mex. Or burritos actually. I am all about the tacos, ceviche, tostadas..and basically everything that is as far away from a burrito or fajita as possible. If a place tells me they make homemade tortillas, I am totally there.

**I've got a whole list of recipe ideas in my head for this hypothetical mexican fusion place..... There is even interesting crossover with african food too. If I opened a restaurant, I'd end up with some sort of global cuisine place that takes the sister recipes from all over the world and reinterprets them...

Old 10-05-2012, 02:08 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Lol!

Weird, huh?
The way they use heat is very direct and not subtle at all, compared to Asian spices. Sheer heat but not alot of flavour.

I really like Peruvian food though, it's a bit more interesting than Mexican I feel.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
The way they use heat is very direct and not subtle at all, compared to Asian spices. Sheer heat but not alot of flavour.

I really like Peruvian food though, it's a bit more interesting than Mexican I feel.
I don't think Mexico gets a lot of credit for its regional cuisines and variations. Just like we get a super limited range of Indian foods, the same thing happened to Mexican food.

Our subset has been remixed and Americanized. And you know what that means.......

Old 10-05-2012, 07:06 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I don't think Mexico gets a lot of credit for its regional cuisines and variations. Just like we get a super limited range of Indian foods, the same thing happened to Mexican food.

Our subset has been remixed and Americanized. And you know what that means.......
Yeah, tex mex food and real Mexican food are very different.

Have you ever tried a tequila from here versus one made there? I didn't think the difference would be so stark, but the quality is crazy. I always thought tequila was meant to be a sort of burning pitch drink that you only drink when you want to get really wasted, but the Mexican tequila is almost as easy to drink as a light beer.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:23 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:

Have you ever tried a tequila from here versus one made there? I didn't think the difference would be so stark, but the quality is crazy. I always thought tequila was meant to be a sort of burning pitch drink that you only drink when you want to get really wasted, but the Mexican tequila is almost as easy to drink as a light beer.
Hope you're inebriated right now.

I'm a half-drunk frog!!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:

Yeah the first time I went tequila tasting I was blown away! You should check out Tommy's Mexican if you want to head over to the Sunset or the Richmond or where ever that is around Geary and 17thish. They have like 200 Tequilas, and you can do flights....

Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
LOL, I've posted here long enough that those who like me already have me figured out pretty well and those who don't never will
Consider me a part of the latter listing you have but I have a pretty solid picture in mind of you.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
I want to add to my list of 20.

I love the US. Or, at least I love my neck of the woods where it's easy to get tofu, Quorn, and fun veggie only dishes.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:31 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Really, the only 20s I enjoy reading are those of people I've befriended or those I banter with.

I think your list would start with "1) I know everything." That's my impression, and maybe that of a few others. Your "humility" is more feigned than it is genuine. You should work on that.
Why are you picking on loves? I would say confidence in world views is of no short order on this forum. There are certainly disingenuous people on CD, but she's certainly not one of them. There are out right liars, people who are clearly self-delusional in that the outcome of their lives are not aligned with the values they purport, and just plain old asshats. Let me share something about loves- when my twin died the support immediately after was wonderful from everyone on this forum at the time, but it was loves who months, a year or so later, who would DM me and ask how I was doing. She would remember that the anniversary was coming up, etc. A complete stranger on the internet would check in on me and I found that to be so personally valuable and kind. While I certainly do not share all of her (what I feel are traditional) views, they do work for her and she only attempts to share what actually works for her. A complaint of merit, imo, are about people who live completely dysfunctional and f*cked up lives and attempt to pass along their "advice" (aka trash) and sage wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships