Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess I'm not even talking about being friends first. More like - instead of seeing a stranger at a bar and going over and hitting on her - maybe just going to a friend's party and mingling with the guests. When you hit on someone - you don't know anything about them and you pretty much only have one goal in mind. Because the woman knows that you only have one goal and she knows nothing about you at all - she won't feel that bad rejecting you because she doesn't know you. And there might be a ton of reasons why she doesn't want to talk to you. Maybe she sees a different guy that she's trying to get the attention of. Maybe she has a boyfriend. Maybe she doesn't like your shirt. Maybe she's shy. And on and on. But if you were at a friend's party - there isn't just one goal for talking to someone. It's natural that you would talk to a bunch of different people - so there's no pressure. So even if the girl might have rejected you in a bar - she might give you a chance in a different environment.

Am I making sense? Sometimes I don't...
I don't really hit on girls at bars. I mean I have, but I expect rejection there.

Parties and networking events, which are getting fewer and far in between at my age are OK. But women still judge you based on looks. They don't really get to know you.

My philosophy was that if she REALLY got to know me, she'd like me and I'd become attractive. After all, it's happened FOR ME.

Really, for some men (and women), the only solution is to go through a sh@tload of numbers until you find somebody that might be willing date you. After you get a maybe, you can figure out if you might like them. You might not like them that much, but you never know when you'll get another chance.

So I do recommend guys/gals who have few options take a chance on someone they aren't that attracted to. And I definitely recommend some of these guys who have never had anybody take a chance on someone they might not be that initially attracted to.

Sounds rough, but everybody has to play the game a different way.

After all, you and I are the same age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 10:13 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post

Really, for some men (and women), the only solution is to go through a sh@tload of numbers until you find somebody that might be willing date you.
Until eventually the rejection gets to you so badly that you start looking at the Russian sites for mail order brides. Certainly nowhere near as meaningful as a real relationship, but i guess some of us aren't meant to be happy.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
It's a type thing. 100%. Here, Braunwyn is in agreement with me, and I'll call Ascension as incorrect on this one.
I don't remember what he said in this thread. It's all a sea of gibberish at this point.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,937 times
Quote:
If you think people offering you advice is "lecturing" - then so be it. This is why I'm curious as to hear your exact conversations with these women that reject you so cruelly. But by all means - if you think hookers and mail order brides will bring you happiness - have at it. We only have one life to live - might as well make the most of it!
I wouldn't pay for a hooker unless she offered the full Girlfriend Experience. Like Sasha Grey in the movie.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Until eventually the rejection gets to you so badly that you start looking at the Russian sites for mail order brides. Certainly nowhere near as meaningful as a real relationship, but i guess some of us aren't meant to be happy.
Rejection is not so bad if you learn to stay away from the big ones.

Those are the ones that sting.

Why do you care if some woman who barely knows you blows you off?

Now if a woman knows all the great things about you and still doesn't want you in any way, well that sucks...

Numbers.

I have a friend who sells disability insurance to physicians. He gets tons of rejections. But when he hits one, he can eat for like 2 months.

Think of it that way.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Rejection is not so bad if you learn to stay away from the big ones.

Those are the ones that sting.

Why do you care if some woman who barely knows you blows you off?

Now if a woman knows all the great things about you and still doesn't want you in any way, well that sucks...

Numbers.

I have a friend who sells disability insurance to physicians. He gets tons of rejections. But when he hits one, he can eat for like 2 months.

Think of it that way.
That's exactly why I tell my girlfriends not to sleep with a guy right away if she is actually looking for a relationship. A guy doesn't know you well enough after one night to feel bad about not calling you the next day - just like a woman doesn't feel bad about not accepting a drink or a date with you if she doesn't know you at all.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:27 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't remember what he said in this thread. It's all a sea of gibberish at this point.
That your looks and your type don't matter as much as your confidence and your vibe. Usually, the latter comes from the former, anecdotally speaking.

It wasn't on this thread. It was on another thread.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
That's exactly why I tell my girlfriends not to sleep with a guy right away if she is actually looking for a relationship. A guy doesn't know you well enough after one night to feel bad about not calling you the next day - just like a woman doesn't feel bad about not accepting a drink or a date with you if she doesn't know you at all.
Yea, but...

The guys who can do that don't have any troubles getting women.

You're talking about a different dynamic.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:33 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That your looks and your type don't matter as much as your confidence and your vibe. Usually, the latter comes from the former, anecdotally speaking.

It wasn't on this thread. It was on another thread.
Oh, that's sounds familiar. I'm also recalling some comment about how any guy could get any girl or some such nonsense.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:34 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,181,467 times
Quote:
Yea, but...

The guys who can do that don't have any troubles getting women.

You're talking about a different dynamic.
No - I'm talking about a level of caring. A man doesn't care about a woman he met at a bar and bedded that same night. A woman doesn't care about a guy that hits on her in a bar. A man has a chance at caring about a woman who he goes out with a few times and spends some time with before either sleeping with her or moving on. A woman has a chance at caring about a man who she actually spends some time getting to know with out the pressure of being obviously hit on. My point was that my girlfriends shouldn't feel like there is something wrong with them if their one night stand doesn't call her the next day because he doesn't know her well enough to feel like he should call her. And a guy shouldn't feel bad if a woman doesn't accept his advances at a bar because she doesn't know him well enough to feel like she should accept his advances.

Maybe I'm not making sense... But it makes sense to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships