Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 03:36 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Being average looking, girl next door is not the pot of gold men claim it to be. This idea that men do not approach these women is ridiculous. Morons from every corner of the earth go up to these 8s or 9s and ask them out. Seen it with my own eyes. The reason is they would rather take a chance and have her possibly say yes then go up to a 5 who they don't really find all that attractive in the first place. They take the risk and only on CD do the men claim to be too "afraid" to attempt what I seen them do a million times IRL. This situation really flips when that 8 or 9 girl shows him some sort of attention, any kind of attention, basic friendliness -- you think he's going to pass that up to talk to a 5 on the looks scale? Get real.
Very few men have true 'game' and the ones that dont stick to the rivers and the lakes that they're used to.

The OP mentioned in his first post that average women think they're 'gods gift to men". Do you know why they think that? It does have something to do with the attention they get from men. Attention that comes from men thinking they have a real shot. There's no way to sugar coat the fact that if a man is talking to an average looking chick who has at least one redeeming physical quality that the man finds attractive, he's thinking to himself "i have a shot here, she's not Victoria Secret".

Most men are in the 4,5,6 range (5 being the median and 4 and 6 being the closest competition) and you can't convince me that men who are looks rated 4 thru 6 are approaching 9s and 10s on a fairly regular basis...it just doesnt happen as often as you think.

As far as this question goes, its been RESOLVED.

Do average looking women get asked out more than good looking women? - Yahoo! Answers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 03:39 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yep. I was out for drinks with a friend the other night, and she leans over and whispers, "there are some really cute guys at the bar!" I looked, and I saw a couple of dudes at the bar, but they weren't what I would describe as "really cute." Different strokes and such.
I was an avid Sex in the City fan, but other than Blair Underwood and the underwear model, I really thought all the men on that show were average.

Definitely different strokes for different folks.

One of my friends thinks Jaleel White is really hot. The rest of us pick on her.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:50 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,151,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Very few men have true 'game' and the ones that dont stick to the rivers and the lakes that they're used to.
No comment on the rest of your post but "Bravo" for getting that into it.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:54 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Quote:

The OP mentioned in his first post that average women think they're 'gods gift to men". Do you know why they think that? It does have something to do with the attention they get from men. Attention that comes from men thinking they have a real shot. There's no way to sugar coat the fact that if a man is talking to an average looking chick who has at least one redeeming physical quality that the man finds attractive, he's thinking to himself "i have a shot here, she's not Victoria Secret".

Most men are in the 4,5,6 range (5 being the median and 4 and 6 being the closest competition) and you can't convince me that men who are looks rated 4 thru 6 are approaching 9s and 10s on a fairly regular basis...it just doesnt happen as often as you think.

Do average looking women get asked out more than good looking women? - Yahoo! Answers
Strangely enough, this is why as a guy, it's better to approach whoever you find the most attractive in any given situation. Settling for someone you think you have a shot with because she's less attractive is rather insulting to both you and her, and it probably won't work because that's what alot of other guys do. The more intimidating a woman is to you, the better your chances are of actually striking up a conversation, because chances are if she's intimidating to you she's intimidating to a fair number of other guys in that setting too (not all of course.) So you really set yourself out from the pack when you do this.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,083,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Strangely enough, this is why as a guy, it's better to approach whoever you find the most attractive in any given situation. Settling for someone you think you have a shot with because she's less attractive is rather insulting to both you and her, and it probably won't work because that's what alot of other guys do. The more intimidating a woman is to you, the better your chances are of actually striking up a conversation, because chances are if she's intimidating to you she's intimidating to a fair number of other guys in that setting too (not all of course.) So you really set yourself out from the pack when you do this.
Ehhh...

I'm not sure about that.

I had a buddy who was about 5'7-5'8" Asian guy with a thick accent and we used to hit the NYC bars and clubs. This guy had balls of STEEL. Like he would walk up to the hottest blonde girl in the club and just start yapping away. Sometimes, the gals were actually pretty nice and talked to us for a bit.

But, he never got anywhere. He got rejected by all those women and more who were much lower (in a consensus sense). Like I talk about getting rejected. This guy literally was rejected by close to 500 women probably.

He ended up meeting a gal during a group outing who he didn't think was really cute at all or interesting and they ended up making out at random. Eventually, they went on some dates and the whole time he was still looking for something better. He ended up marrying her and then he fell off the face of the Earth.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:

I find this funny because I have a few really good looking female friends (models, personal trainers, 2 who are in the Lingerie football league and a handful of Charger cheerleaders) and going out with them is a nightmare because theyre constantly approached by men. Saying hotter women don't get approached is absolutely ridiculous. I consider myself slightly below average in looks (a 3 or 4) and when I go out with any of them Im completely ignored and oftentimes the men try to physicaly remove me from the situation by pushing me out of the group.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:17 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Ugh. That sounds pretty unfortunate. Being, Asian I can sympathize, we're high on the academic and economic scales but in terms of dating value we have a (not unreasonable) reputation for being a bit dorky. Add that to the thick accent, and the stereotype must have literally flung itself into the face of these women. Unlike a thick Italian, Spanish or even Russian accent, a thick Indian or Singaporean or Chinese accent is simply not sexy.

Russell Peters - Indian Accent - YouTube

They were probably impressed with his audacity but merely thought he was amusing and/or cute but definitely not attractive. I was pretty privileged to have grown up in a household where we spoke English, and my dad's from the states, so I can cut down on that image.

In any case I can't imagine being happy in a marriage married to someone whom you don't find attractive or interesting, but maybe he found other qualities and there was more to meet the eye.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:20 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,487 times
Eh, I have my feeling not-so-purty days and days where I feel like Miss Universe. It all depends on my moods. People have told me that I am gorgeous but I believe that comes from the within.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:22 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,704,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I find this funny because I have a few really good looking female friends (models, personal trainers, 2 who are in the Lingerie football league and a handful of Charger cheerleaders) and going out with them is a nightmare because theyre constantly approached by men. Saying hotter women don't get approached is absolutely ridiculous.
We're not saying hotter women dont get approached, we're saying that in relation to the 'hotness' that average chicks get approached more than hot chicks. We're also not saying that every hot chick is just standing there like a wallflower hoping for just ONE guy to say hello. Like i said in an earlier post, these are extremely small samples of the 'bigger picture' but the overall point being that plenty of average to slightly above average chicks get approached a lot because of the idea that they're attainable.

If there was a hypothetical 'sliding scale' and the hotter you are the more approached you get, you would see on this scale, its not a smooth arc to the top...there's a 'spike' in the middle. I know from a personal standpoint, i've been in conversations with many more average/cute chicks than incredible looking chicks and mostly one of the prevailing thoughs was "i have more of a shot".

Men dont like to get shot down and they (falsely) believe that the less attractive a girl is, the better shot that they have....when in reality, its completely random as to which girl will say yes and which one will say no.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:22 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I don't understand why below average men think they are entitled to average women.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 11-16-2012 at 05:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships