Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't understand why below average men think they ate entitled to average women.
Who says they think they're entitled? Men are just trying to get dates, ANY dates, many of them are not too picky as i'm sure you well know. Theyre just 'playing the odds' that the average looking girl will have less suitors than the beautiful girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,104,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Ugh. That sounds pretty unfortunate. Being, Asian I can sympathize, we're high on the academic and economic scales but in terms of dating value we have a (not unreasonable) reputation for being a bit dorky. Add that to the thick accent, and the stereotype must have literally flung itself into the face of these women. Unlike a thick Italian, Spanish or even Russian accent, a thick Indian or Singaporean or Chinese accent is simply not sexy.

Russell Peters - Indian Accent - YouTube

They were probably impressed with his audacity but merely thought he was amusing and/or cute but definitely not attractive. I was pretty privileged to have grown up in a household where we spoke English, and my dad's from the states, so I can cut down on that image.

In any case I can't imagine being happy in a marriage married to someone whom you don't find attractive or interesting, but maybe he found other qualities and there was more to meet the eye.
Haha. RP is the best.

I'm 2nd generation too so the knife cuts a little deeper. A lot of FOBs I know just stick to Asian gals. They're not really even attracted to American women, at least that they let on.

The funny thing about the 2nd part of your post is ... she was kind of the same. She didn't really like him either. And I think that's a lot of the problem. People shoot high in terms of looks and ... um, looks and when they can't get it, feel they settle.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't understand why below average men think they ate entitled to average women.
It's part of this entitlement some men have where they can be as repulsive as possible and if they are rejected it's the woman's fault. I saw it often online where guys with nothing to offer went after the cream of the crop with women then when they got rejected blamed the women for not giving them a chance. The amount of below average men I saw online who wanted way above them was far more than the realistic men looking at average looking women. I would see some of the men who contacted me and would get so upset thinking this was the best I could do.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Who says they think they're entitled? Men are just trying to get dates, ANY dates, many of them are not too picky as i'm sure you well know. Theyre just 'playing the odds' that the average looking girl will have less suitors than the beautiful girl.
It's plainly clear on this forum. There are serious entitlement issues from below average men. The only kind of men I have associated with in my life had high standards and their shyte together, so no, I wouldn't know the type. Although that may be foreign to you.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
There really are but that attitude is all over the internet. I often talk about the obese man (he must have weighed 400 pounds)on a dating site that said "no fatties". Yes that was his word. First off, most women are not going to be interested in a man that large anyway and second, many would be turned off by how he wrote that.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's part of this entitlement some men have where they can be as repulsive as possible and if they are rejected it's the woman's fault. I saw it often online where guys with nothing to offer went after the cream of the crop with women then when they got rejected blamed the women for not giving them a chance. The amount of below average men I saw online who wanted way above them was far more than the realistic men looking at average looking women. I would see some of the men who contacted me and would get so upset thinking this was the best I could do.
A good woman will be beautiful on the inside with a warm caring heart. Your exterior looks aren't as important.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
A good woman will be beautiful on the inside with a warm caring heart. Your exterior looks aren't as important.
Indeed, and this really draws a line in the sand between the good men and those types of men women don't want to be bothered with.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
We're not saying hotter women dont get approached, we're saying that in relation to the 'hotness' that average chicks get approached more than hot chicks. We're also not saying that every hot chick is just standing there like a wallflower hoping for just ONE guy to say hello. Like i said in an earlier post, these are extremely small samples of the 'bigger picture' but the overall point being that plenty of average to slightly above average chicks get approached a lot because of the idea that they're attainable.

If there was a hypothetical 'sliding scale' and the hotter you are the more approached you get, you would see on this scale, its not a smooth arc to the top...there's a 'spike' in the middle. I know from a personal standpoint, i've been in conversations with many more average/cute chicks than incredible looking chicks and mostly one of the prevailing thoughs was "i have more of a shot".

Men dont like to get shot down and they (falsely) believe that the less attractive a girl is, the better shot that they have....when in reality, its completely random as to which girl will say yes and which one will say no.
I disagree completely. My average friends don't get approached nearly as much as my attractive friends. If my attractive friends reject them, then they'll settle for the 'average' women. They also tend to hit on the average or below average women because they are hoping they'll be happy for any type of attention and maybe they'll get lucky and end up sleeping with them. I have plenty of guy friends that purposely go for average to below average women because they 'put out' faster whereas the better looking women require actual dating.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 PM

664 posts, read 774,020 times
I don't understand this idea that just because you yourself are unattractive you must be attracted and date other unattractive people. I'm not a good looking guy, but I still don't find unattractive woman appealing. So what? Do I think I'm going to get a nice looking woman to date me? No, I don't think I'll get any woman to date me. Why the hate on guys who like attractive women? If some guy who weighs 400 pounds doesn't find fat women attractive, so what? That's his right. He may never find anyone to date him, he actually might, good for him. Woman are allowed to have standards, but if you're an ugly guy you all of a sudden have to settle for the trolls?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I don't understand this idea that just because you yourself are unattractive you must be attracted and date other unattractive people. I'm not a good looking guy, but I still don't find unattractive woman appealing. So what? Do I think I'm going to get a nice looking woman to date me? No, I don't think I'll get any woman to date me. Why the hate on guys who like attractive women? If some guy who weighs 400 pounds doesn't find fat women attractive, so what? That's his right. He may never find anyone to date him, he actually might, good for him. Woman are allowed to have standards, but if you're an ugly guy you all of a sudden have to settle for the trolls?
You don't have to settle for anything. Just don't be absurd and blame women for your plight. What's at the heart of this thread is some guy thinking that average women should give him the time of day because they're average. That's insane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships