Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 09:16 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's not difficult to gauge at all. Getting hit on by random men is meaningless to a woman. You guys value it way more than women do. You either have the man you want, the relationship you want, the life you want or you don't. That's how you gauge. That's the only way any of us can gauge.
Some men think that women should be grateful for any and all male attention. But it doesn't really work like that at all. There is a certain type of man that will hit on almost anyone, and it is not an ego boost......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 09:28 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
My point exactly. There was nothing in those studies that disproved anything I said.

So again I'm not wrong, but carry on.
They showed your "more" assertion to only be your opinion. What this thread shows in tandem is that this over estimation of yours (general you that whine on this board) is that instead of losing the overestimating you guys just blame the women. Lol it's kind of funny and totally fitting. It guarantees justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Some men think that women should be grateful for any and all male attention. But it doesn't really work like that at all. There is a certain type of man that will hit on almost anyone, and it is not an ego boost......
These guys are just doing their usual clueless assuming.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,453,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
Im not judging anyone. Im just calling it as i see it. I feel that average looking women get asked out as much or more than extremely hot women just based on the idea that they appear more attainable. Men actually do think to themselves 'this girl is ridiculous hot, no way i can land her' and quite often, wont even try. Men do believe that they can 'get' the girl next door before they can 'get' the supermodel. Im not sure i need to be 'railed on' for having an opinion that's pretty much a mainstream theory.
My experience as the average looking, girl next door is that I have not been approached or asked out on a date in over 2 years.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,339,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
It continues to surprise me how many people just have no clue about their own attractiveness. It's not the majority, i wouldn't say, but it's a sizable minority. Two trends i notice:

Average-looking women who think they are God's Gift to men. I don't know if it's feminism or some other phenomenon, but more and more women of modest looks are extremely arrogant, demanding, picky, and superficial. As i've said in other threads, when average-looking women shoot me down, they tend to be flat-out mean. Very harsh words. Like they WANT to hurt men. Maybe i'm a scapegoat for some other man who looked her over in the past... i don't know. But they seem to go out of their way to destroy your self-esteem and make you insecure, as if they enjoy hurting you. Literally, yesterday, an average looking woman wrote me an email message response telling me in great detail what a loser she thinks i am. I really think she ENJOYED crushing my self esteem.
Hilarious! Shug I needed the laugh.

I think this is more prevalent in the gay culture. I mean you get these back water homos that come out and think because they spent their entire paycheck on an Armani[Exchange] shirt they are god's gift to gay men. I lol.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Yeah I have been hit on these types and it makes me cringe. These guys are very rude and sleazy too and it upsets me.

This whole thread is just plain stupid with many of the men spouting nonsense. Honestly, women do judge by looks so a man who is a 3 isn't going to get a hot woman in most cases. Most women don't care about a guy's paycheck unless he's just plain lazy (because most of us don't want to support a dead weight)or if he's rich and we are gold diggers. Most women aren't going to date a guy based on what he makes but I keep seeing this stereotype all through the thread as in "hey I am fat and ugly but have a good job so I can get a model". Actually, probably not.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:

It's their massive egos that cause this line of thinking. They don't see how if the situation was reversed the first thing out of most of their mouths is: "why should I accept a woman I'm not attracted to that's ugly, fat, etc."

Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,304,948 times
I think a lot of women are taught that being humble and modesty are the best, most feminine quality to have.

Men dont follow that same line of thinking. As a women, I tend not to either.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:42 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yeah I have been hit on these types and it makes me cringe. These guys are very rude and sleazy too and it upsets me.

This whole thread is just plain stupid with many of the men spouting nonsense. Honestly, women do judge by looks so a man who is a 3 isn't going to get a hot woman in most cases. Most women don't care about a guy's paycheck unless he's just plain lazy (because most of us don't want to support a dead weight)or if he's rich and we are gold diggers. Most women aren't going to date a guy based on what he makes but I keep seeing this stereotype all through the thread as in "hey I am fat and ugly but have a good job so I can get a model". Actually, probably not.
I think they like to themselves that as an excuse for why they don't have any interest from women.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,712,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
My experience as the average looking, girl next door is that I have not been approached or asked out on a date in over 2 years.
So, because of this one example, you, as a girl, are saying that you think incredibly hot chicks (not talking 7s, but talking 8.5s or higher) get asked out MORE than a cute 5.5 or 6? There are absolutely examples of average looking girls like yourself who rarely get asked out and there are examples of stunning chicks who get asked out all the time....but, one example here or there isnt much of a factor in the big scheme of things. What you're saying would be the same as saying that you dont believe smoking is bad for you because you know someone who smokes and there's nothing wrong with them.

Every theory has at least one example that goes the other way, but we're talking about the majority, not one needle in a haystack.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
So, because of this one example, you, as a girl, are saying that you think incredibly hot chicks (not talking 7s, but talking 8.5s or higher) get asked out MORE than a cute 5.5 or 6? There are absolutely examples of average looking girls like yourself who rarely get asked out and there are examples of stunning chicks who get asked out all the time....but, one example here or there isnt much of a factor in the big scheme of things. What you're saying would be the same as saying that you dont believe smoking is bad for you because you know someone who smokes and there's nothing wrong with them.

Every theory has at least one example that goes the other way, but we're talking about the majority, not one needle in a haystack.

Being average looking, girl next door is not the pot of gold men claim it to be. This idea that men do not approach these women is ridiculous. Morons from every corner of the earth go up to these 8s or 9s and ask them out. Seen it with my own eyes. The reason is they would rather take a chance and have her possibly say yes then go up to a 5 who they don't really find all that attractive in the first place. They take the risk and only on CD do the men claim to be too "afraid" to attempt what I seen them do a million times IRL. This situation really flips when that 8 or 9 girl shows him some sort of attention, any kind of attention, basic friendliness -- you think he's going to pass that up to talk to a 5 on the looks scale? Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships