Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 01:46 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I've already made dramatic efforts to improve my looks and my financial status. I have worked very hard at both of these things. Yes, i am very bitter that i have worked hard for years to change my perceived flaws and improve my attractiveness, as well as lower my standards in attractiveness in women, and it still has not paid off.

At some point, i don't feel like being the one who always has to change and improve. At some point, i want to find women who accept me the way i am. Somehow, every flaw that I have is seen as a deal-breaker. Clingyness is seen as a deal-breaker. Whereas flaws that other people have, they are more forgivable.

It absolutely ticks me off that we live in a world so lacking in compassion that nobody feels sympathetic for me despite my efforts to improve. That's why it's better to pay to talk to girls, because then you can give them money to feel sympathetic for you. Unfortunately i am pretty broke at the moment, but i plan to go back to paying women to talk to me as soon as i can financially afford it, hopefully later this week.
Different opinions on dramatic efforts and working very hard as you've stated your efforts resulted in you being in shape and of average wealth.

I'm unsure why at this point you don't feel like changing since you think gals should stop complaining and lose weight then why don't you stop complaining and lose the clingyness.

Perhaps 'nobody' feels sympathetic for you because of your misogynistic bitter resentful mindset and dismal of gals issues as 'women have it so easy' and 'women don't have to do anything'. No different than I think plenty would feel bad for an abused victim however I don't think many would feel bad if that abused victim was a sexist racist child molester.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:59 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
I said it before, and I will say it again, if you really are hitting on obese women, and being rejected, it is because they know you really don't want them. You are not doing them any favors by so called lowering your standards, just so you can sleep with someone. And they more than likely know this. If you have the looks, the good job and all that as you say do, then keep focusing on exactly what you want. As for the clingy thing, you can definitely work on that, by practicing patience and showing trust. You don't have to be around your partner 24/7, make them miss you for at least 5 minutes, and they will appreciate you more.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Obese women shouldn't have to lower their standards just because you did. Nobody is forcing you to ask them out after all.
No, but they complain at the lack of male attention they receive. Not ALL of them do, but a lot. They complain that they don't get attention, then when i try and give them attention, they reject me.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Obesity isn't normal either. Why are you accepting of obesity but unaccepting of clingy-ness?
From my perspective- Obesity can be fixed (if a person wants to tackle it). Obesity only involves the obese person (for the most part). Clingyness probably can't be fixed. Something internal is broken. And it's imposed on another. It's not self-containing. You put a responsibility onto another human being.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't think looks or money matter as much as your personality and how you treat the other person when you're dating/in a relationship. It is pretty universal that both men and women don't like to date someone who is overly clingy. Maybe this is what you really need to work on.
I'm just sick of always having to be the one to change, always having to hear what's wrong with me. I already spent years improving my looks and financial status. Now i have to improve my personality too? Other people somehow are able to find partners who can overlook their flaws. Nobody else has to be perfect... just me. Nobody is ever willing to overlook a flaw of mine... people demand that i be perfect, or they reject me.

First people told me to improve my looks, then people told me to make more money, then people told me to lower my standards, then people told me to get out more and meet more people... i did all of these things, it took me years of hard work to accomplish some of them. Yet no matter what i do, it's never enough. Now people say i have to change my personality and be less clingy. Somehow i'm always at fault, i'm always getting criticized for something. Other people are not expected to be perfect.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
No, but they complain at the lack of male attention they receive. Not ALL of them do, but a lot. They complain that they don't get attention, then when i try and give them attention, they reject me.
Again you're projecting as you've admitted that only some of the overweight gals you've asked out complained that they don't get attention.

One more time- just because other overweight gals complain it doesn't mean that when you ask out an overweight gal and you get rejected that she complains as well.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
I'm just sick of always having to be the one to change, always having to hear what's wrong with me. I already spent years improving my looks and financial status. Now i have to improve my personality too? Other people somehow are able to find partners who can overlook their flaws. Nobody else has to be perfect... just me. Nobody is ever willing to overlook a flaw of mine... people demand that i be perfect, or they reject me.
I'm unsure why you're sick of changing when you think overweight gals should stop complaining and lose weight so why don't you stop complaining and lose the clingy.

Perhaps more improvement is needed on your looks and financial status considering all those yers spent result in you being 'in shape' and of average wealth. Possibly other people are somehow able to find partners to overlook their flaws because they have qualities that balance out or exceed the flaws.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I'm unsure why you're sick of changing when you think overweight gals should stop complaining and lose weight so why don't you stop complaining and lose the clingy.

Perhaps more improvement is needed on your looks and financial status considering all those yers spent result in you being 'in shape' and of average wealth. Possibly other people are somehow able to find partners to overlook their flaws because they have qualities that balance out or exceed the flaws.

I think IF overweight girls are going to reject clingy guys, then they should lose the weight. IF overweight girls are NOT going to reject clingy guys, then i see no reason why they need to lose weight. Can you please stop accusing me of implying that overweight women always need to lose weight? This is very misleading of you. They only need to lose weight in my opinion if they want to be overly picky and demand a non-clingy guy. If i was going to be overly picky and demand a svelte woman, then i would have to stop being clingy.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
Quote:
They only need to lose weight in my opinion if they want to be overly picky and demand a non-clingy guy.
Right. In your opinion. Not in theirs. And not in the opinion of the guys who happily date them. ETA: And if I hear ONE "it's not fair!" out of you, it will be off to bed early with NO cookies...oh no, wait. Sorry. I thought for a second that I was talking to my six-year-old.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
I think IF overweight girls are going to reject clingy guys, then they should lose the weight. IF overweight girls are NOT going to reject clingy guys, then i see no reason why they need to lose weight. Can you please stop accusing me of implying that overweight women always need to lose weight? This is very misleading of you. They only need to lose weight in my opinion if they want to be overly picky and demand a non-clingy guy.
So - who are overweight women allowed to reject? Or are they supposed to fall in love with every guy who is nice enough to give them the time of day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships