Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Yah it can. It is just a manifestation of low self esteem and confidence. That can TOTALLY be fixed. Been there. Done that.
Maybe if you're a kid. If you're a grown adult, well, don't expect others to be willing to take that on. I'm sure we all have our own opinions on what fixed is as well. And he doesn't appear to be taking steps to fix it. He's wallowing and whining as clingy people do.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:23 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
No. Your accusations are flat-out untrue. If you look at all my comments in context, my point from the beginning has been that IF overweight women reject clingy guys, THEN they should not get upset when men reject them for being overweight.
My 'accusations' are true and your comments in context support them. Perhaps this I missed this 'if' now mentioned because it seems you've from the beginning your premise was overweight gals in general reject clingy guys while complaining about being judged by their weight. Thus you didn't put this 'if' in the many comments about how overweight gals should stop complaining and lose weight.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:25 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Maybe if you're a kid. If you're a grown adult, well, don't expect others to be willing to take that on. I'm sure we all have our own opinions on what fixed is as well. And he doesn't appear to be taking steps to fix it. He's wallowing and whining as clingy people do.

I don't expect jack. I know for me, when I was an adult and decided my low self confidence was a problem, I was fixing it for ME not to benefit someone else. I think if people were introspective, they would admit that if they don't have confidence, that is something in their best interest to try and fix.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yup, that's the elephant in the room, isn't it? I mean, hello...in the midst of all this point-making, the basic premise isn't true.
The premise isn't even true for his experiences as he admitted only some of the overweight gals he was rejected by complained about guys judging them on their weight.

Unsure why he's doing all this lamenting about how overweight gals complain about guys being picky about weight while rejecting guys for being clingy when this describes only some he got rejected by.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Exactly - and since he's sees sex as a commodity that he is entitled to - once he pays for it, he actually will be entitled to get it!
If i pay for female attention, will i be entitled to that as well? I'll have to figure out how much that costs... but if i pay for attention in addition to sex, am i entitled to get what i pay for? If i pay for kindness, compassion, and sympathy, am i entitled to that as well? It sure would be nice to get some of those things!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
If i pay for female attention, will i be entitled to that as well? I'll have to figure out how much that costs... but if i pay for attention in addition to sex, am i entitled to get what i pay for? If i pay for kindness, compassion, and sympathy, am i entitled to that as well? It sure would be nice to get some of those things!
Likely you're entitled to get attention when you pay for unless they refuse to take your money or refund you as I've know many guys who prostitutes refused to take as a customer.

Unlikely you'd get kindness, compassion, or sympathy when you pay as it seems more likely you'd get a pretense. Probably better suited getting a dog, cat, or other pet if you want kindness, compassion, or sympathy.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I don't expect jack. I know for me, when I was an adult and decided my low self confidence was a problem, I was fixing it for ME not to benefit someone else. I think if people were introspective, they would admit that if they don't have confidence, that is something in their best interest to try and fix.
He expects Jack. Although, his clingyness is intertwined with other issues that no doubt exacerbate the effects on those around him. Anyhow, my point is we tend to stay on our trajectories and it becomes harder to teach old dogs new tricks with each year that passes (hence the saying). This is the case with weight as well, people who start out fat are less likely to be thin when they age. But, at least it's not baggage attached to a partner.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,194,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He expects Jack.
Yup. That is a big part of his problem.

Quote:
Although, his clingyness is intertwined with other issues that no doubt exacerbate the effects on those around him. Anyhow, my point is we tend to stay on our trajectories and it becomes harder to teach old dogs new tricks with each year that passes (hence the saying). This is the case with weight as well, people who start out fat are less likely to be thin when they age. But, at least it's not baggage attached to a partner.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. EVERYTHING is controlled by ones attitude. If you think "its too hard" then you will never know what you CAN do. I know people in my life who have lost tens of pounds later in life, over come other mental disfunctionsm etc. Even us old bags can quote the little engine that could. I lost my weight when in my forties. I just ran my first 5k, likewise in my forties. If you think can't, then you can't.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely you're entitled to get attention when you pay for unless they refuse to take your money or refund you as I've know many guys who prostitutes refused to take as a customer.

Unlikely you'd get kindness, compassion, or sympathy when you pay as it seems more likely you'd get a pretense. Probably better suited getting a dog, cat, or other pet if you want kindness, compassion, or sympathy.
You have a point. I might get rejected even if i try and pay for it. Even money compensation isn't a sure thing. Clingy guys truly cannot win. The world is against us.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Yup. That is a big part of his problem.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. EVERYTHING is controlled by ones attitude. If you think "its too hard" then you will never know what you CAN do. I know people in my life who have lost tens of pounds later in life, over come other mental disfunctionsm etc. Even us old bags can quote the little engine that could. I lost my weight when in my forties. I just ran my first 5k, likewise in my forties. If you think can't, then you can't.
That's all fine and well. It does not negate the fact that most don't and won't. Those are the trends in the face of anecdotes. Most aren't that motivated and motivation is lost with time. He's been singing this tune for several years. Any 30-something year old man who is clingy, who thinks fat women should give him a chance because they're fat, who refers to women as b*tches et al, has the odds stacked against him as far as positive change goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships