Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 07:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Well you know what they say Prince, breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper. All too often though in modern life, it's the complete opposite. Nobody with a busy job has the time in the mornings and in their tiny lunch breaks to enjoy those important meals, so they wait until dinner and then go out with co workers and drink and eat a whole load of food, which is terribly unhealthy.
Yup. Most people do not wake up early to make a meal in the morning. It's usually go-go-go! I'll get something on the way to work, or just grab coffee.

And yes, at lunch, those vending machines with those 50 cent bags of chips all of a sudden look really appealing because it's quick, easy and right there. Only get a half-hour lunch, or they give you an hour lunch, but you get called in to do some service or something, so it's not really a lunch, they just give you an opportunity to put something in your mouth. Then you come home and you're tired from work. Order out pizza, or make something super quick, and not very healthy.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:04 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
In my opinion it's more like 'how often would men be interested in sex if most of the time they didn't orgasm, were shamed for having sex too many times, and the party they were having sex with could easily overpower them and likely they'd be blamed for it or disbelieved'.

THANK YOU.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
This whole superficiality thing is ridiculous. Women are equally superficial to men, but their superficiality comes from a mix of physical attraction and financial status, whereas men's superficiality comes strictly from physical attraction. Men have a reputation of being more superficial than women that is in my opinion undeserved. Some men are too superficial, and some women are too superficial. I don't really see a discrepancy here.
One could argue that financial status is not a superficial concern, especially if children are desired.

Financial status = higher survival rates, better health and future opportunities for the offspring. Any social scientist knows this.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
One could argue that financial status is not a superficial concern, especially if children are desired.

Financial status = higher survival rates, better health and future opportunities for the offspring. Any social scientist knows this.
As does any evolutionary scientist or anthropologist...as do 90% of Chinese parents. Or Indian for that matter. Or Korean..or..hell..you get what I mean.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,486 times
Quote:

You can say the same thing about men's interest in big boobs and a round ass

Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Somewhat correct. It's not the boobs or the ass specifically, but rather the hips- in our hunter gatherer days one needed all the extra fat one could get, especially women, to prepare for the exhausting, calorie draining and potentially fatal activity of child-birth. So a woman with wide hips and curves would be seen as more likely to bear viable offspring. Of course, nowadays modelling and magazines (run by women mind you) now sell the anorexic look as the sexy one in society.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:58 AM

188 posts, read 304,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
personality is generally more important to women than looks or financial status.
That's so not true. I have no idea why people keep saying that.

That may be true to ugly women but women who look like models will not even talk to you unless you are a beautiful and rich man.

Old 12-04-2012, 01:30 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,395,835 times
Quote:

The problem in today's society is it is hard to tell financial status just from looking and a lot of it is counter intuitive. Because of easy credit and thrifty behavior sometimes the well off look not as well off and the broke look rich.

Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,824,752 times
I think it is more biological than cultural for men to put premium on female beauty. I was born that way. I can remember being a young child, before I was socialized to have any preferences, and being very attracted to my moms pretty friends, I wanted to be around them and loved every second of it. When my mom's unattractive friends came over I had none of those feelings and would rather play with my toys.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,199,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
You can say the same thing about men's interest in big boobs and a round ass
Actually, that's not true. Breast size, for example, has nothing to do with health or milk production and in the end survival even tho large breasts are preferred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships