Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I think the bitterness comes from the fact that women will reject an OK looking guy who they know decently well for a really good looking guy who they either barely know or is kind of a d@uchebag.

If women rejected regularly on the basis of personality, say she rejected lpfan921 and then started going out with, oh let's say a short Asian guy (), I don't think guys would be nearly as pissed.

It would make them think ... "Oh, I guess I could have had her if I wasn't so bitter, boring, and glum." and force them to do introspection instead. Not saying all women work like that, but it is a common sight in the dating world.
And there are lots of men who do the same exact thing. If it were easy to find the right one - everyone would be matched up from the time they were children.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:18 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think we should give him the brahmabull treatment: revoke his whining privileges.

I wish it were that easy. He'd somehow find a way to come back like a guy named "Dementor" I shudder at the thought, once did. He's addicted to his crazy/ pitty me ways. Addictive people will go to any lengths. Yes, like Dementor we'll spot him eventually, but he will go unnoticed most likely long enough to get his fix.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 12-03-2012 at 04:32 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 04:48 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,182,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I'm being very serious here. Why don't you start a web site for very clingy people. Some people like their partner to be clingy. I must admit, I don't. My gf does what she wants, when she wants and so do I. We trust each other. That is neither here nor there. I guess I'm just trying to say don't expect me to join. But seriously, there are sites for people looking for all kinds even obese people. So if being clingy is your thing. Not judging you, if that's who you are than that's who you are. But you say you work so hard. Why don't you work at creating a website. You'll most likely find someone who wants a clingy guy as well as make some money. That way you don't have to pay women to tolerate you. You will find some that actually want to. I'm being serious now. Don't take this the wrong way. Perhaps there is already a website out there. I don't know, I am the opposite of clingy. I think it runs in the family. None of the men take issue with their gf/ or wife doing whatever she wants when she wants. I am no slave owner. But the same goes for the women in my family/ group of friends. We all do what we want but within reason. It has to be within reason. Don't get what I'm saying twisted. My gf doesn't come to me and say "(John Doe), I'm going with the girls for a few weeks or maybe a month. I'll see you when I see ya". That won't float. That's what I mean within reason. It doesn't mean that they aren't/ or I'm not considerate when making plans on my own. We both are, but we both also know that it's good to have other interests, friends, hobbies that we like to do without the other. Just because I can do what I want and so can she we don't abuse that by taking off for months on end. But we do give each other plenty of room to breath. But that doesn't make us better than you. We just both happen to be this way.

You're clingy. I give you props for owning it. I've known many guys and girls that are this way. To each his own, so if this is you, then embrace it. But find someone who wants the same thing. There are girls that like clingy guys. Alot of insecure people out there. I have some friends that don't do anything without their significant other. My sister's first husband was liket that. When she remarried, her friends asked her to do something and she said no. When she told her second and previous husband about it, he said why would you say no? Go have some fun. He fit into our family as you can see. No one in our family even knew that her first husband was like that. He smothered her and she had to get out. Take it all with a grain of salt.
I actually might consider this one. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think we should give him the brahmabull treatment: revoke his whining privileges.
I am curious... Do some of the women here stick together blindly and oppose anything a man might say? Just wondering. It seems like the men sometimes support other men and sometimes disagree, whereas certain women always come together blindly and attack the male posters. It tends to take away from people's credibility a bit, in my opinion, when they rather blindly attack male posters.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I am curious... Do some of the women here stick together blindly and oppose anything a man might say? Just wondering. It seems like the men sometimes support other men and sometimes disagree, whereas certain women always come together blindly and attack the male posters. It tends to take away from people's credibility a bit, in my opinion, when they rather blindly attack male posters.
Nope. There are lots of men on here who I think are awesome! And I let them know it all the time! I also think my husband is awesome! I have absolutely nothing at all against men.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,038,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
I've already made dramatic efforts to improve my looks and my financial status. I have worked very hard at both of these things. Yes, i am very bitter that i have worked hard for years to change my perceived flaws and improve my attractiveness, as well as lower my standards in attractiveness in women, and it still has not paid off.

At some point, i don't feel like being the one who always has to change and improve. At some point, i want to find women who accept me the way i am. Somehow, every flaw that I have is seen as a deal-breaker. Clingyness is seen as a deal-breaker. Whereas flaws that other people have, they are more forgivable.

It absolutely ticks me off that we live in a world so lacking in compassion that nobody feels sympathetic for me despite my efforts to improve. That's why it's better to pay to talk to girls, because then you can give them money to feel sympathetic for you. Unfortunately i am pretty broke at the moment, but i plan to go back to paying women to talk to me as soon as i can financially afford it, hopefully later this week.
The problem is that you didn't do any of this for yourself. You did it, expecting that as a result of these changes, the world would reward you with a woman/women. That's not how it works. You made efforts to improve yourself but women don't owe you anything, people don't owe you applause and recognition and sympathy for your "plight".

The world is full of flawed people, we're at 7 billion now and counting. There are millions of people who, despite our flaws, find love and happiness, and we didn't do it by working on our outside appearance.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The problem is that you didn't do any of this for yourself. You did it, expecting that as a result of these changes, the world would reward you with a woman/women. That's not how it works. You made efforts to improve yourself but women don't owe you anything, people don't owe you applause and recognition and sympathy for your "plight".

The world is full of flawed people, we're at 7 billion now and counting. There are millions of people who, despite our flaws, find love and happiness, and we didn't do it by working on our outside appearance.
So what's the point of improving one's looks or financial status at all? I might as well just let myself go, if improving my looks and my financial status aren't going to help me get women. I don't really need a lot of money for myself to live, and I certainly don't need to look good for any reason if i am still not going to get women.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:24 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
I've never met anyone so obsessed with overweight and obese people and what people think of them, yet claim they don't like them.

Did a fat kid take your lunch money or something ?

Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I've never met anyone so obsessed with overweight and obese people and what people think of them, yet claim they don't like them.

Did a fat kid take your lunch money or something ?
A thin kid took my lunch money..

Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
A thin kid took my lunch money..
I should hate robert. And italian guy took mine.

***don't worry robert, I schooled him the next time he tried. He was the most pathetic bully ever.
day 1: stole my lunch money
day 2: stole my lunch money, and I found out it was him later
day 3: he tried to ask me "to borrow a pen" so he could rummage through my backpack. I replied "why would I let you do that, when I know you intend to steal my cash." Him: "oh nevermind, I have one."
day 4 and beyond: he never picked on me again. Pretty sad right. It didn't even take foul language to shut this guy up.

I learned an important lesson, I kept until this day. For many arrogant guys, all it takes is a snippy comment to put them in their place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships