Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2013, 01:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Maybe I just misread his post, but it sounded like the hypothetical SO in his post would stop him from doing those things he likes doing and that's why he doesn't want to date anyone.

If he found someone who enjoyed the same things he did, he would obviously still be able to do them and maybe with a bit of companionship.

Doing them alone is kind of a no-brainer since he can do that now.
It's just a possibility so that's why I said it.
What would be different in this hypothetical situation is that he would have a steady sex partner but still be able to do the other things he wants to alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
I have massive respect for guys who can cold approach. That mean stand up, go across bar and talk to women what he like. True guys who have good experience with women should not have much problem. Guys who not have so good result understandably have problem to do CA.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:46 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
I think we men have been sent confusing BS messages for many years from 'society', however you want to define that, and we should just be men and comfortable in our own skin. If I look and/or talk to a woman and she blows me off, so what? If she talks to me, great. If I hit on her she'll let me know one way or another if she's interested or not. It's fun.
I agree with you.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I don't understand why men have to be so afraid to approach women- have some courage! Just be nice during your approach and don't come off as a jerk and you should be fine. Even if you're nice, and the woman is taken, she'll probably be nice in turning you down. What do you have to lose?
Some men are afraid, some aren't, some are like myself and do not like to have their personal space intruded upon. Because i am going deaf i ascribe to this and for this reason i do not approach women. If a woman is nearby and a conversation happens great. If not, that is ok too.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:07 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Some men are afraid, some aren't, some are like myself and do not like to have their personal space intruded upon. Because i am going deaf i ascribe to this and for this reason i do not approach women. If a woman is nearby and a conversation happens great. If not, that is ok too.
I like that approach

Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
I can't stand when people use this defense for rapists. Are we not allowed to wear what we want without fear of being accosted? We're supposed to have self-control and be able to behave in different situations.
You're allowed to wear whatever you want, and victim of rape should never be put in that light, but if you were a smart person you would do all you can to minimize your chances of putting yourself in position to be taken advantage of. For example, wearing sexy yet not too revealing clothing when you go out, and consuming only moderate amounts of alcohol and going out with a group of close friends would be alot wiser than dressing like you just escaped a w***e house and drinking until you pass out on the street. If you were attacked or raped in either scenario, it would never be in any sense your fault in the least, but you may be guilty of lack of foresight and stupidity.

I live in Chicago, and there are some really rough neighborhoods that anyone of my race would want to stay far away from. If I went to hang out in Englewood on Saturday night, and got robbed and beaten to a pulp, that wouldnt be my fault either, and I would have had every right to have been there since its a public place, but that wouldnt excuse my negligence to put myself in a compromising position.

This reminds me of a feminist lawyer named Judith Grossman, who denounced all of her beliefs she has fought for her entire life, only after her son got falsely accused of rape. Shocker.

Formerly feminist lawyer wakes up after son put through wringer by college rape troika - The Spearhead

Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I like that approach
Last december 7th i went to nyc with a few photo artists for a gallery trip/shoot. On one of the subway rides my tripod slid away from me and ended up with the women sitting next to me but i was unaware of it. The woman said i think you are going to need this and laughed. I laughed too and a conversation started naturally. Just an example.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:30 PM

417 posts, read 824,808 times
because women are good to look at regardless of if you're gonna get a piece....

Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Quote:
I don't understand why men have to be so afraid to approach women- have some courage! Just be nice during your approach and don't come off as a jerk and you should be fine. Even if you're nice, and the woman is taken, she'll probably be nice in turning you down. What do you have to lose?
They dont want to be "rude" and "invade your personal space". After all, it is soooo unnatural to approach someone you are attracted to. I think we should all stick to finding our mates in sewing circles, the toaster club and your local church. Any other possibilities should be dismissed.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:35 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
I don't know about women, but I find it kinda creepy when some 50 year old chubby/obese woman stares and smiles at me for longer than 20 seconds.. I also have had a few men stare at me and that is even more creepy..

Yes, I am a guy.. If you think having a guy stare at you is annoying if you are woman, try being a guy. Usually gay men don't do this, it has only happen a few times, they are quite discreet.

However, I do have a phobia of older (even younger), overweight women as they seem to be the ones give me those scary smiles and look at me and I find it repulsive. Like this one overweight waitress at Mexican restaurant kept hitting and flirting with me. Saying all kinds of inappropriate remarks in Spanish and asking me if I have a girlfriend, etc. I am in good shape, like to exercise, hike , etc, so why is it people who do not take care of their bodies so attracted to me?

As for me, if I see an attractive woman I will notice. But, I generally don't like very attractive women, because most of them are so full of themselves and think their meat/facial features gives them supernatural, g_ddess like powers.

I actually find a moderately attractive, curvy woman to be the most attractive and sometimes I will stare. Her facial expressions are what really turn me on. These exceptionally beautiful divas I think are so in love with themselves that they are predisposed to think that every guy is looking at her, but in reality she is just wanting a lot of attention. Attention wh-re?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships