Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 03:16 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbluesky View Post
I have found that women are only attracted to good looking guys thé not so good looking might as well be invisible even if you have à good heart you wont get a date men and women want the perfection man or woman
I know of many unattractive men who have been in relationships, so I don't agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
Back at you.

I am pretty but chubby. Therefore I am unworthy of being loved unless I starve myself or have drastic surgery.

Doesn't matter that I treat my boyfriend like gold and adore him. I committed the ultimate sin of being fat, so I deserve to die alone.
The last wedding I went to, the bride was huge but so was the groom. I have another chubby friend who is engaged to a chubby guy. They all seem very happy.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:10 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The last wedding I went to, the bride was huge but so was the groom. I have another chubby friend who is engaged to a chubby guy. They all seem very happy.
The problem I face is that when people see I'm chubby, they assume I am unhealthy and inactive. That's just not true though. It's actually one of the contributing factors to my ending a long term relationship a year and a half ago. My ex was chubby too but completely sedentary. I couldn't take it anymore because I was scared of him dying.

I would love to find a chubby guy I could go hiking with, kayaking with, etc. But when I meet chubby cute guys they seem to want to go out with skinny hot chicks to validate themselves. Those that are into me assume that I want to sit on the couch and eat pizza all night. One guy would tell me about how he ate two Whoppers in a row. That was alarming to me.

And thin guys like my current, who is way more inactive than I and eats fast food on the regular, look down on me because I am chubby. So whatever. I'm just stepping back and giving it up to God.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
The problem I face is that when people see I'm chubby, they assume I am unhealthy and inactive. That's just not true though. It's actually one of the contributing factors to my ending a long term relationship a year and a half ago. My ex was chubby too but completely sedentary. I couldn't take it anymore because I was scared of him dying.

I would love to find a chubby guy I could go hiking with, kayaking with, etc. But when I meet chubby cute guys they seem to want to go out with skinny hot chicks to validate themselves. Those that are into me assume that I want to sit on the couch and eat pizza all night. One guy would tell me about how he ate two Whoppers in a row. That was alarming to me.

And thin guys like my current, who is way more inactive than I and eats fast food on the regular, look down on me because I am chubby. So whatever. I'm just stepping back and giving it up to God.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am 115 lbs. and haven't been in anything even resembling a relationship for 6 years now (and that relationship pretty much sucked), so it doesn't sound like you're doing all that bad to me. Good luck though!

Old 07-08-2015, 06:46 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,608,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I am 115 lbs. and haven't been in anything even resembling a relationship for 6 years now (and that relationship pretty much sucked), so it doesn't sound like you're doing all that bad to me. Good luck though!
Thank you, but it's hard to even get a date, let alone move on and find a relationship.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:39 AM

9 posts, read 6,462 times
Totaly given up on finding love true love doesn't exist I'm 58 so its hopeless

Old 07-10-2015, 08:56 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,981 times
Default I need to apply my own advice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhopper View Post
I've experienced love. Maybe I will not experience marriage or parenthood--I do not know. Regardless if love, or marriage or children come around, I just have the find ways to be humble with whatever I have in the moment. I have to concern myself less with outward expectations and be gracious for the goodness that exists at any given point. As noted in the quotation, I cannot achieve the latter if I am consumed in yearning for something that was not meant for that moment.

Given up...eh? I just need to be okay with any outcome.
Still single but considering I should start dating, form a relationship and fall-in-love with me

Old 07-10-2015, 09:14 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,120,791 times
It's hard to give up on something you haven't started nor have any experience in.

Last edited by Moe'sTavern; 07-10-2015 at 09:58 PM..

Old 07-10-2015, 09:47 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
I haven't gave up, its just temporarily on hold.

I'll be back!

Old 07-11-2015, 08:53 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Honestly it's just too much drama, single life is easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships