Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 08:53 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,880,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
You're a woman though. You have more luck than me.
Sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 09:08 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
Could just be my mindset is screwed....but I honestly get closer and closer to giving up on it everyday.

I don't feel confident that I will somehow experience it one way or the other, if I do I will probably be way older. I do feel a little out of place, but I guess thing are suppose to be this way. My friends make jokes about how I have so many male friends but no bf lol it's not easy finding someone that is on your level. Let alone someone who likes/loves you back.

Old 06-07-2015, 09:30 AM

2,449 posts, read 2,604,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
There is almost a Buddhist lesson to be learned here ... that yearning and craving is a form of suffering, and letting go of those dreams have put me in a more serene place.
I haven't be able to let go. Is there any easy fix?

Old 06-07-2015, 10:22 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Yes I have.

I think LASTING romantic love is about as common as a unicorn.

I think lasting romantic love is like the milkman and telephone operators - a fond relic of a more innocent time.

Too much ego, too many narcissists nowdays. Love means giving and as you can see on this forum, everyone wants to TAKE.
A year-old post cinder, but a good one. I totally agree. There are many people who can't look beyond themselves. Everything is all about them. There's no shortage of seriously damaged people and people who seem to be incapable of relating to others in a genuine, adult manner.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:48 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,846,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastie View Post
I'm afraid if I do find someone now, it'll be too late. Too late for my heart, to late for my libido... and too late for me to be physically attractive to someone. I feel screwed, not in a good way.
I completely understand your feelings of frustration and discouragement in the dating world, but why on earth do you feel this way? You're in your early 50s, for crying out loud, not your early 90s.

I'm in my upper 40s, and I can't understand why so many American women seem to feel the way you do. It's just so sad. Is it because US culture sends a relentless stream of negative messages to women over the age of 35? I've concluded that North America must be one of the worst places on the planet for women socially, and I really mean that. But I refuse to internalize all the negativity.

Perhaps you could find a mentor, so to speak, in a happy, confident, engaged, physically active woman older than you who might inspire you to fight all the negative talk that American women hear.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-07-2015 at 11:03 AM..

Old 06-07-2015, 11:23 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,310,947 times
I'm getting closer to giving up on dating altogether. Each day that passes I'm getting more content living by myself and taking care of myself and my dog. I check in with my family every nw and then. Dating and relationships are just too much work and it's easier to stay alone.

Old 06-08-2015, 12:50 PM

328 posts, read 573,562 times
I believe in love. I just think dating sucks lol. And yes, being single is way easier.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:53 PM

62 posts, read 71,482 times
I'm 29 and I've never had a girlfriend, been on a date, held hands, kissed, etc. I suppose a girlfriend would be a nice thing but being single has tremendous advantages.

Old 06-26-2015, 12:19 PM

9 posts, read 6,465 times
Default mess

Im à 58 years old Guy one of those Nice guys that all women hate women today like bad boys or jerks so iv given up

Old 06-26-2015, 02:40 PM

479 posts, read 432,131 times
Seeing how I've recently been dumped after a short relationship with someone I would've never gone out with had I not been bitching so much about being lonely... (stupid me, ends up liking the guy) I can say that, today... right now... I have given up love. I've given up on finding somebody who can love and adore me on the same level I shall do for them. I tend to pick heartless, disrespectful... almost spitefully mean men—they don't start out that way; they become that way once I begin to have feeling for them. That's a personal issue I need to figure out... somehow. Meantime, I no longer trust my judgement of people... at least, today, I don't trust me in that area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships