Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 01:39 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
What an interesting ... and profound! ... thing to say.

I would put it a little differently: I've given up on looking for Love. It MAY find me anyway.

Yes, I think that is somewhat true. I have had offers of love over the years ... it was my choice not to accept them. Some friends and acquaintances of mine are always complaining about not finding "true love" (whatever that is) but when I remind them of people who wanted to date them or were interested in them they usually dismiss me with something like "oh, he's not in my league" or "I want a lady with a bigger rack" or "I'm holding out for someone better." Let's be honest! It's easy to join the "Pity Party" and complain about not finding our perfect mate, but does the perfect really exist?
It always finds me. No matter how hard I hide.

It's almost scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 01:41 PM

Rep Comment: No it won't, at least not likely...

Maybe not you,

Don't know if I pity you or envy you random anonymous rep.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Could just be my mindset is screwed....but I honestly get closer and closer to giving up on it everyday.

I don't feel confident that I will somehow experience it one way or the other, if I do I will probably be way older. I do feel a little out of place, but I guess thing are suppose to be this way. My friends make jokes about how I have so many male friends but no bf lol it's not easy finding someone that is on your level. Let alone someone who likes/loves you back.
I know my mindset is screwed about a lot of things.

I've become a Kurtz: Clear in his head, but his soul is mad.

Old 06-30-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I'm getting closer to giving up on dating altogether. Each day that passes I'm getting more content living by myself and taking care of myself and my dog. I check in with my family every nw and then. Dating and relationships are just too much work and it's easier to stay alone.
Way easier to stay alone... Other people will drive me crazy.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Way easier to stay alone... Other people will drive me crazy.
Hahaha. ......so true.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:46 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,939,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

The question is: "Single people: have any of you given up on finding love or a committed relationship? Whether yes or no, please explain why."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatetheheat01 View Post
Pretty much.

I have nothing to offer.
Please don't say that, it's not true.

Of course you have plenty to offer ... your intelligence, your personality, your empathy, your support, your kindness, your companionship, your affection, your sexuality, your sense of humor.

If a person says he has "nothing to offer" what is being communicated is "I'm worthless." Do you think that about yourself?

I know when some people experience frustration in not finding affection, and are always being rejected, ignored and dismissed it's easy to start thinking 'nobody wants me. I'm ugly. I'm stupid. I'm a loser. No one in his/her right mind would want to date me. I am a worthless piece of sh-t!"

This is a cause of low self esteem and self loathing.

I'm not one of those people who glibly states "Snap out of it! Have more confidence in yourself!" (Easier said than done, right? Like telling a person who suffers from depression 'Just cheer up!')

Perhaps it would be helpful to analyze the situation. I was feeling disappointed in not having luck in finding love ... because I was rebuffed by a few individuals I was infatuated with. A friend of mine pointed out (rightfully!) that #1 I had rejected several people over the years that wanted me; and #2 it appears I set very high standards for my "perfect soulmate." I understand that now, and have learned that I charted my own destiny - to be single rather than "settle" for someone who I was not passionately in love with. Did I make the right choice? Who knows?

Wishing all of you the best of luck!!!

Old 07-07-2015, 01:51 PM

9 posts, read 6,459 times
I have found that women are only attracted to good looking guys thé not so good looking might as well be invisible even if you have à good heart you wont get a date men and women want the perfection man or woman

Old 07-07-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It always finds me. No matter how hard I hide.

It's almost scary.
Looks like it found me again yesterday.

If I keep this up, I might become a

Old 07-07-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbluesky View Post
I have found that women are only attracted to good looking guys thé not so good looking might as well be invisible even if you have à good heart you wont get a date men and women want the perfection man or woman
That seems to be the case...

You'll just have to work at something else that you are passionate about...

There's more to life than relationships, right?

Old 07-08-2015, 12:20 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbluesky View Post
Back at you.

I am pretty but chubby. Therefore I am unworthy of being loved unless I starve myself or have drastic surgery.

Doesn't matter that I treat my boyfriend like gold and adore him. I committed the ultimate sin of being fat, so I deserve to die alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships