Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,312,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Some can hide it better than others, but guys can pick up on subtle behaviors and body language to be able to tell in most cases. Trust me, I can walk into any room and pinpoint ONS type girls within a minute.
I am understated as far as the way I dress (don't ever expose legs or breasts) and I am not a flirt at all. A majority of the time I approach men because I am told I come off cold, standoffish and unapproachable. I have had to tell men I've dated extremely vivid and detailed stories because they literally do not believe that I've had a one night stand or even been with multiple people. Women are also shocked to find out my sexual history.

Men I've had FWB or ONS with are always shocked that I would be that type of girl. It's not always easy to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,071,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
What does it mean when a guy says you are intimidating?
It can be either a true statement or a false one. 90% of the time it's a nice way of saying the man is really not interested in you. The "she's too good for me" excuse as to why he doesn't want to date you. If a man truly finds you intimidating, he is unlikely to say it but he will show it in the way he acts around you. As another poster said, a woman who is intimidating for one man is a perfect match for another, so all of this varies depending who is evaluating the woman.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,943,325 times
Quote:
She is obviously the #2. If she was #1, she would be only a distant memory, like so many heartbroken no good girls from my past. lol
I'm glad you found her.
Tell me about it. Had a lot of jerks.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM

39,327 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
It can be either a true statement or a false one. 90% of the time it's a nice way of saying the man is really not interested in you. The "she's too good for me" excuse as to why he doesn't want to date you. If a man truly finds you intimidating, he is unlikely to say it but he will show it in the way he acts around you. As another poster said, a woman who is intimidating for one man is a perfect match for another, so all of this varies depending who is evaluating the woman.
I agree with this 100%

Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,972,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If you have to take her out to dinner and buy her a gift then it's officially a date. There are women who will sleep with you without either of those requirements, and those should be considered the one-night-stand women. And it is unfortunate that some men are threatened by women who have had more partners than they have.

Quote:
Probably unattractive.

Quote:
I have encountered this. Not much more to say really. Some guys are backup boyfriends too.

Quote:
I think this is all relative. Every guy feels this way about different women.

Quote:
Never encountered this. Most women from what I've seen have less self-esteem than their male counterparts.

Quote:
Again, not something I've encountered. Perhaps the kind of personality that would do this is not the kind I would ever gravitate to--there would be other glaring issues whenever we tried to have conversations.

Quote:
Never had an off-limits woman.

Quote:
I think this is something some guys accuse all women of, and women are presumed guilty until proven innocent. Again, something I've never seen in real life. Although I have heard ample stories about it. If I ever went to bars to try to pick up women I'd probably encounter a lot more of it. There are definitely girls that try to use men as a free drink.

Quote:
Eh, I'd say everyone I've ever dated, we both offer to pay for the other and end up paying for ourselves. It's just politeness.

Quote:
There's nothing inherently 'guyish' about any of that stuff. It's socially constructed behavioral roles. Frankly I find women that act a bit more like me to be the cream of the crop. Then again I'm bisexual, so perhaps it's different for other guys.

Quote:
Ugh, there are these. Too many of these in the south. Lots of girls around here take the abstinence until marriage thing seriously (they just intend to marry in their late teens/early 20s so they don't have to wait their whole lives). Typically they seem to either marry and then end up divorcing a few short years later, or they get pursuaded into sex by one of the guys they date.

They aren't fun to be friends with either. I generally have nothing in common with people like this.

Quote:
There's no such thing as the perfect girl. Personally I think this list is mostly a bunch of garbage that is designed to get women to worry unnecessarily about what they should be. What happened to feminism? Take care of yourself and have a good personality and beyond that it's personal preference.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
She is obviously the #2. If she was #1, she would be only a distant memory, like so many heartbroken no good girls from my past. lol
When a #2 gets dumped for a #1, it is usually because the man sees the #2 over time as a #6 pretending to be a #2. Then they want something easy. But I think most women are a combination of these kinds so what you see at first is not usually what you get. #1s sometimes are gold diggers (forgot what number that is) in disguise. A lot of truth in this chart but at a basic level because people are more complex than this. Where is the men's chart?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I am understated as far as the way I dress (don't ever expose legs or breasts) and I am not a flirt at all. A majority of the time I approach men because I am told I come off cold, standoffish and unapproachable. I have had to tell men I've dated extremely vivid and detailed stories because they literally do not believe that I've had a one night stand or even been with multiple people. Women are also shocked to find out my sexual history.

Men I've had FWB or ONS with are always shocked that I would be that type of girl. It's not always easy to tell.
Maybe they are just telling you that? I believe Ascension2012 can tell as he said "walk into a room and spot the ONS." Just as we as ladies learn to spot certain types of men.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 AM

523 posts, read 841,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post

Why would you want to convince anyone that you have had one night stands? That just seems odd to me.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,312,355 times
Quote:
Maybe they are just telling you that? I believe Ascension2012 can tell as he said "walk into a room and spot the ONS." Just as we as ladies learn to spot certain types of men.
Hmmm, interesting since I've never been approached for a ONS. I've always done the approaching. Seems to me if men knew, I would have been approached by someone at least once.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 AM

39,327 posts, read 27,709,507 times
Quote:
The only thing I know right away by just looking at a man is simply

A. wow, he is sexy and handsome
B. Nah, not my type

Other than that, I am completely clueless about men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships