Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:04 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,402,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
yep................to the adultry, in my state, until after you are divorced, kids, look at us,

eeeesh
Adultry is a strong word. It can take years before a divorce is final. legally separated and living alone is good enough

greenie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,258 times
A no-fault or uncontested divorce in NJ requires an 18 month legal separation waiting period and then it takes approximately six months to become finalized. If you want to use grounds for the divorce, it can be expedited more quickly.

For the record, this man's wife left him for someone else. She abandoned him and their two kids and didn't even see the kids for almost 4 months. When things with the other guy went sour, he attempted a reconcilation. The other guy came back into the picture and she abandoned the marriage and children again. That was around the holidays last year. Since then she has been gone- and the other guy broke it off with her again over the summer. And she is now trying to get back with the husband.

I feel no pity for this wife and I don't believe she's any kind of martyr trying to save her family. She is a mixed up person who doesn't want to be alone.

This man, I have known for a long time through some local youth programs. He's an involved father who gives of his time to coach sports.......... When she left he was devastated- and as he began picking up the pieces she came back, then hurt him again.

My friend is a single mom of two girls who has been divorced for several years- they met at a pop warner football game and found some common interests. She is hesitant to accept an invitation for coffee because the divorce is pending. I feel that if these two great people who put their children first and have both been hurt and dragged through the wringer can find something in each other to smile about, they both deserve it. Timing is never perfect.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:33 AM

12 posts, read 49,614 times
I would wait... My friend was sep. from her husband dating see others for over a yr and yet they seem to have work things out and r back 2gether.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:04 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,373,481 times
I would say there is no black and white on the issue.. it's a "if you proceed, proceed with caution". They're both consenting adults, as long as everyone knows whats on the table, then whatever they chose to battle along the way is up to them.

If you walk around counting the "what if's" that stop you from being in a relationship, you will grow old, and lonely!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:12 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,961 times
since we are talking about a cup of coffea between two adults with common interest, I say go for it and take it slow

Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I have a friend who met someone who has been separated for several months but is not yet divorced. They seem to like each other and he has hinted at taking her out on a date.

I have some friends in common with this man and I've heard that his ex-wife is pushing hard through their kids to reconcile with him but that he's not biting.

So is it a good idea for my friend to go out with him or should she hold off until his divorce is finalized? I'm not sure when that will be but they can and do happen quickly in our state.

I'm inclined to say she should wait- with the ex-wife trying to get back into the picture, him dating her would likely create too much drama. Once the legalities are done that chapter will be closed in a sense.

Other thoughts?
dancing on egg shells if this post is in fact bout you and not a friend,
i see a red dot comin my way.
when you date a married person you know 2 things.
they lie and they cheat.
this post is not intended to offend anybody
it is my personal opinion which was solicited.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:28 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,839,258 times
It's not me and I hear you on that Bunky-------- but in my opinion this is not cheating since the man has been separated for over a year.

No red dots from me........

Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
I like that you put disclaimers at the end of a lot of your post!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM

786 posts, read 1,176,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
dancing on egg shells if this post is in fact bout you and not a friend,
i see a red dot comin my way.
when you date a married person you know 2 things.
they lie and they cheat.
I see the single crowd has now checked in.

Last edited by shuke; 11-06-2007 at 03:53 PM..

Old 11-06-2007, 02:36 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,103,472 times
My opinion on this is to suggest that your friend tread very lightly with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships