Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:00 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

Nope like I've said before and as G693 said above you've got the humour side so whether that's in person, online or even tiddlywinks! You'll have no issues when you're ready of course mate
Yep, it seems like a sense of humor is always among the top 5 qualities most women say they value. I know it works for me!!

Keep it up, Stevie!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2017, 06:04 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Yep, it seems like a sense of humor is always among the top 5 qualities most women say they value. I know it works for me!!

Keep it up, Stevie!!
It's vital and yes I know humour is subjective and it varies but I can't think of a single bloke that has a well rounded sense of humour that's ever had trouble in regard to meeting women

Its never done me any harm for sure

Old 03-05-2017, 10:00 PM

352 posts, read 234,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
I am still on the fence but eventually I am going to be in this game. It even sounds odd that "game" is the name for it.
What I have read is that most men suck at writing an ad. And suck at writing responses. So us socially inept men can go online and find well written ads and responses and I am sure that after a girl has seen the same thing a couple times it makes it easier for her to delete.

I am working on my own ad for online dating. See if this sounds like it might work?

Your Dreams Have Come True

I see myself as the secret agent action hero type. In the daytime I am a meter reader. But at night I guard empty buildings and I feel like I am really doing my part as a crime fighter.

I have a great body, my code name is Adonis. And when the lights go down, I am confident it will be the most incredible 2 and a half minutes you have ever experienced.

I lead an exciting life. You are just as likely to find me sitting on a park bench cracking nuts for squirrels, or parked on the side of the road waiting and watching for a train to go by. I grew up watching cartoons where they always tied the pretty girl to the railroad tracks. So I like trains and I am into bondage.

I really am a great catch, you will always be kicking yourself that you got the best one available. But first I will need to see the results of your latest physical, including blood and urine tests. And of course medical records for the past 10 years and a financial statement and a complete background check.

Also I would like affidavits from your last 3 romantic encounters stating that you are not crazy. A complete psychiatric exam would be good also.

You must be between the heights of 4 ft 3 inches and 6 ft 11 inches. Absolutely no exceptions.

I am 5-8, blonde/blue, lots of muscles in there somewhere, soon as I discard 8 years of neglect. 60 years old. Creative, artistic, and rapidly sliding into geezerhood. I have a preference for the nymphomaniac/supermodel type but if you have no modeling experience I won't see that as a negative.

For our first date I will take you to the library we will take turns grabbing random books and reading the intro's to each other. Then I will whisk you off to the railroad tracks and we will wait with anticipation of the next train. For dinner I know a little out of the way gas station that has vending machines and sometimes the microwave is still working.

And for our evening entertainment I know a place where we can park behind the drive-in and see the movie without paying. There is no sound but by this time you won't be able to keep your hands off me anyway.
Very Good Stevie....if you're able to carry that humor and a bit of swagger on your meetups, as a part of your normal face to face personality......... you'll do OK.

If you're fakin' it.........don't do it man.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:08 PM

574 posts, read 378,770 times
[quote=Luck-67;47411471]Very Good Stevie....if you're able to carry that humor and a bit of swagger on your meetups, as a part of your normal face to face personality......... you'll do OK.

If you're fakin' it.........don't do it man.[/quote

The humor is easy on paper, in person it is hit and miss as someone might not be expecting it. Or it might be very subtle and they miss it. In a large crowd of people moving slowly, or like into an elevator, I will be the first one to moo. My worry is stumbling for words sometimes when it is one on one.

The swagger is easy if I feel like I am in my own element. Outside my element I can be a stuttering mess.

I think what I need is a simple one paragraph description that I can cut and paste and then write a second paragraph based on what her ad says. Not easy when she says nothing except I am this age and still breathing. How do you write a carefully worded response to that?

"from your photo, I can see those were some really hard years. But the fact that you are still breathing is a positive. I always prefer a date who is still breathing and at least semi conscious"

Old 03-05-2017, 11:51 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,260,920 times
Quote:
The humor is easy on paper, in person it is hit and miss as someone might not be expecting it. Or it might be very subtle and they miss it. In a large crowd of people moving slowly, or like into an elevator, I will be the first one to moo. My worry is stumbling for words sometimes when it is one on one.

The swagger is easy if I feel like I am in my own element. Outside my element I can be a stuttering mess.

I think what I need is a simple one paragraph description that I can cut and paste and then write a second paragraph based on what her ad says. Not easy when she says nothing except I am this age and still breathing. How do you write a carefully worded response to that?

"from your photo, I can see those were some really hard years. But the fact that you are still breathing is a positive. I always prefer a date who is still breathing and at least semi conscious"
LOL. Breathing and being conscious are always good things to expect in a date. A man's gotta have some standards after all. It sounds like you're well on your way to your 2.5 minutes of glory.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:02 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,256,030 times
Quote:
[

OMG,NO! Wipe that idea right out of your head. That part just won't come across as a joke even if you were trying to be humorous.

Old 03-06-2017, 03:27 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,557,967 times
[quote=stevie60;47411883]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
Very Good Stevie....if you're able to carry that humor and a bit of swagger on your meetups, as a part of your normal face to face personality......... you'll do OK.

If you're fakin' it.........don't do it man.[/quote

LMFAO!!!! Even in jest I'd get a smack on the face for saying that one!..... Even with my charm and banter I couldn't pull that one off!

You're basically saying she looks old or rough mate so completely agree with Old Cold and forget that one

Old 03-06-2017, 10:29 AM

574 posts, read 378,770 times
"really hard years" is something I would say to my male friends. It is just to show what I am seeing as a difficult situation. Responding to ads with very little information about herself.

While I get my own self sorted out, I am reading and learning and a lot of it just seems absurd to me. I would get a response with a reply like that. Sure, she may respond by wanting to choke the life out of me but she would have to meet me first right?

Old 03-24-2017, 07:20 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,009,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I respectfully disagree mate, women and as many as possible are the very best in asking for advice from when it comes to blokes meeting women whether that's by asking for advice or just by listening and observing them

Apart from a few good blokes the most I've learned from men was how NOT to do it more than anything else

But completely agree with the second part though mate
If your goal is to settle down with a nice woman and just find "the one", I agree with you mostly. If the guy is young and is looking to "sow his oats," women aren't going to guide you well. They give the same advice to the relationship-oriented guy AND the guy that wants to be a Ladies' Man.

Wannabe Ladies' Men end up frustrated because the advice and signals they're receiving don't help them in the game they're trying to play.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:36 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,009,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I sometimes think online dating would work better if women contacted the men. From what I read with men sending 100s of messages, most aren't as picky as women. So if women contact men, men wouldn't have to send 100s of messages. They would have to just wait and know every woman that contacted them was interested. And women wouldn't get inboxes full of dating website "spam." They could go right for the men they like. Of course, that's me asssuming the 100s of mass messages sent by the average man is accurate (and not exaggerated in these posts) and those 100s of messages are due to less pickiness.

In my experience, men tend to be much more open-minded with regards to who they contact online. Women may be somewhat open-minded in person, but online this is almost never the case. The only men that would receive messages are above-average white guys over '5-10" and top-level (like top 5%) black/Latino/Asian guys.

It's also tricky for women because they often don't know their "level." In other words, you might be able to carry-on a romantic tryst with the super-hot investment banker, but that doesn't mean he views you as marriage material. So the woman views her sex appeal as high because she seduced a ridiculously attractive man, not realizing that guy has bedded women far more attractive AND far less attractive than herself. Just about any woman can snag a "10" for a fling, but that's different than snagging someone for a meaningful relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships