Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2014, 10:51 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,727,802 times

Advertisements

Women don't ask men out, because only a few men would view it as an expression of her wanting to get to know them better in the acceptable setting of an actual date. Others would just be immature and think that you're coming on to them. Men you want the woman to ask you for a date? Not sure some of you can HANDLE the date!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 12:32 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewC7 View Post
Men hunt, women lure. Always been this way, always will be.
That's why I don't.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lx1337 View Post
It is a very simple question.
They do.

It's a very simple answer.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,924,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
It does not matter if they are on equal footing, no one owes anyone anything and its a big part of the problem in the USA, entitlement mentality, its why we are sinking as a nation and will continue to sink until we can reverse the last 50 years of laws that have piled massive liabilities on buisnesses.
I do agree with you a lot here, there is a lot of entitlement here in the United States. People working at McDonalds who think they deserve 15 dollars per hour for example. Many college grads are making that kind of money. The sense of entitlement and poor quality employees expecting high salaries so they can afford minimum payments on their new big screen TV is absolutely our biggest downfall. It's only going to get worse. Look at how quickly people latch on to people like Obama as soon as they think it'll make their lives easier in the short run or they will get freebies and less work.

Then again, this entitlement and laziness does not only affect economics but it also affects views on dating as seen on this board. Low class people think they deserve the best looking or successful women simply because they put in minimum effort. The whole idea of "Everyone is a winner" attitude. People have become soft and pathetic.

However, for someone to receive less pay based on their sex or race.. that is not only wrong.. but a very poor business decision. Women can be great assets to companies and can work very hard. If you're paying women less than what they should be making, the good ones will simply go to other companies and the poor quality ones will stay. If you want to play the game of hiring/firing.. well then you're looking at even more losses because it's less cost effective to go through new training.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:55 PM

24 posts, read 46,026 times
I would love to be able to ask guys out that I find appealing. I'm forced to not do just that. All but a tiny handful of men immediately feel emasculated, and that is the beginning of the end. All but a tiny handful of men immediately write you off for it, even if they outwardly 'take you on' so to speak.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:56 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
They do.

It's a very simple answer.
Totally.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 PM

255 posts, read 407,197 times
I've never asked out a guy and I never will because I know I will get rejected.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
I would love to be able to ask guys out that I find appealing. I'm forced to not do just that. All but a tiny handful of men immediately feel emasculated, and that is the beginning of the end. All but a tiny handful of men immediately write you off for it, even if they outwardly 'take you on' so to speak.
We have seen so far that the majority of women don’t want to ask a man out but after reading your comment I wondering…what if the guy is not interested in you but you still take the initiative to approach him and later ask him out? I mean, maybe he would notice you, feel comfortable around you, and later on this might develop into something else. See, if he was not interested in you, he would simply just move along and that would be it. But if you tried to break certain traditional rules you MIGHT have a chance to get him interested in you. Rather say “I tried” than “I wonder what would have happened if…”.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:09 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley868 View Post
I've never asked out a guy and I never will because I know I will get rejected.
Oh that's not true. You can do it.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:09 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creative36 View Post
I think the reason that women don't ask women out is because they don't have to. Getting a man is probably like shooting fish in a barrel. Women don't want to give up that rare position of power. Women can sit back and pick and choose. However, if I put my self in a woman's shoes - women have to dress pretty and compete with other women for men. I'm sure there are some aggressive women out there but I think it's rare.
I agree. But men also have to compete with other men. You can be an all around nice guy like the guy next to you but if he is the one that drives that cool luxurious sports car, owns a fancy condo in downtown or with an ocean view, has a lot of money, and so on, you might not be the one who leaves the place with a girl hanging to your arm. As superficial as it sounds, women might compete with others when it comes to looks while men compete with others on who has more to offer $$$$. Looks might not play the MOST important role to a man, money might not play the MOST important role to a woman, but those two characteristics do play an important role that cannot be denied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships