Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2013, 07:44 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times

Advertisements

Capitol was perfectly right to do that. Why should someone be polite after being blatantly lied to? That's like me purchasing a product on Amazon, the person sending me a shabbier cheaper beat up version of the product, then me just accepting being ripped off politely. If more guys did this, women would stop pulling that crap. Women, you should do that to guys who pull that as well. If everyone did, it'd all end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 07:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Capitol was perfectly right to do that. Why should someone be polite after being blatantly lied to? That's like me purchasing a product on Amazon, the person sending me a shabbier cheaper beat up version of the product, then me just accepting being ripped off politely. If more guys did this, women would stop pulling that crap. Women, you should do that to guys who pull that as well. If everyone did, it'd all end.
I keep asking and everyone ignores the question. Maybe you'll be kind enough to answer. Capitol's objection is the girl misrepresented herself on her profile. Yet he did the same thing. Presumably he did not tell her he is a shallow piece of (edited) who would walk out on a date if she didn't look the way he thought she should. Yet he did. He lied by omission. How is this any less serious than the girl not having an updated photo? He still misrepresented himself. Why is it okay for him to do so and not her?

Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
Wow, that lady sure was lucky to have avoided having to deal with a douche like the OP down the road. Heads up...that's life in the online dating fast lane. Saying that a woman doesn't deserve decency and respect because she was chunkier than advertised really cements the OP's D-Bag of the Month award. Just maybe she was hoping that a conversation could be started and interest could be piqued...you know, get to know the real her. But no, OP here wanted something to beat off to when he returned home and it didn't happen.

Also, it's not like she posted a pic of someone who wasn't her. That's blatant false advertising. Being a slightly older, chunkier version of the same person isn't. Considering online dating is a meat fest, she posted what she thought was her best picture and hoped that once something got going, things could continue. I can't say it enough....lucky girl.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:25 PM

2,319 posts, read 2,558,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
This mostly applies to online dating though it can apply to blind dates. What do you do when your online date is much fatter or uglier than their picture? I had a situation like this recently. Went to a bar and couldn't find my date. I called her and she told me was at the bar. I finally make out which girl is her. Problem is that she was fatter than her pic. Like 20-30 lbs heavier. She didn't really look like her pic anymore. Clearly taken like 2 years ago. I gave her one glance up and down and told her this won't work out, then left the bar. She did text me later, but I was done with her. Whats the protocol in these situations.

Karma is a *****, buddy. One day you will be treated the same, or, if what I have observed through the years is any indicator, the even more hurtful thing is that one day your daughter will be treated the same way.

You are an immature, insensitive little boy and your actions will always have consequences. Grow up -- and, as someone else said, that girl is the one who dodged a bullet.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
And why should I accept that? I don't like liars. I like honesty. I have a lot of respect for people who are honest even if the honesty would hurt them. IF someone is willing to lie to themselves, just imagine what kind of disgusting lies they could potentially tell to you in the future.
You like honesty? You want honesty? You are an insensitive idiot.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So it's not lying because they're more attractive. What if a woman didn't want to be judged on her appearance so she used pictures from last year where she was 50 lbs heavier to weed out the 'shallow' guys? Then, she turns up and is thin and far more attractive than you thought. Would you say 'well, your pictures looked heavier and you're thinner now, so you're a liar and I can't date a liar' and walk out?

I'm just saying that you only consider it lying because they're less attractive, you're not angry because of the lying itself. If the lying works to your advantage then you'd be fine with it.

Well said and absolutely correct.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Do people purchase other people when they do online dating? If so - then you are absolutely right. But I guess I thought dating was more like a getting to know you sort of thing as opposed to a buying a product kind of thing. But I could be wrong...

I don't think I could ever be that rude to someone. I'm not single - and when I was I never did online dating - but I was just raised to be polite to everyone unless they are being verbally or physically abusive to me. But that's just me.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:35 PM

52,250 posts, read 52,668,250 times
When I first read the OP I was so completely pissed off at how rude, nasty, and mean spirited and just completely ****ing rude it was to do that. I instantly was thankful I didn't have a daughter to have to deal with stuff like that.

Then I caught myself and realized... after all this time here, I still let people get to me..... I mean...WTF does that say about me..... how dumb is it for me to let some troglodyte, who is completely anonymous to me, control my reactions......

I mean... come on, CD relationships is completely not real.... it is a breeding ground for bacteria.

I know that there are a lot of good decent people that post here, and I don't mean this toward them.

Kudos to the OP, he got what he was looking for.... to get people enraged, because anyone with an IQ over 75 or 80 knows that what he did was mean spirited and nasty.

To the idiots that say she lied..... don't go there, stupid argument.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:46 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I keep asking and everyone ignores the question. Maybe you'll be kind enough to answer. Capitol's objection is the girl misrepresented herself on her profile. Yet he did the same thing. Presumably he did not tell her he is a shallow piece of (edited) who would walk out on a date if she didn't look the way he thought she should. Yet he did. He lied by omission. How is this any less serious than the girl not having an updated photo? He still misrepresented himself. Why is it okay for him to do so and not her?

You're putting conjecture into this discussion, and not making any sense. How is it that capitol's somewhat tactless reaction to an unexpected situation make him a liar?

Last edited by ASOT; 09-19-2013 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-19-2013, 08:48 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
What you said makes no sense. How is someone "shallow" for calling someone out on deceving them? So if I cheated on my wife, she would be in the wrong if she got mad that I lied about that? No one answered your question because there is no logic behind it lol. Not sure why you'd want to reward dishonesty, do you read about people lying about their job qualifications then think "that boss is a mean a-hole for firing him"? If she had been honest in the first place, the whole situation would've never happened, you're villianizing the victim for god knows what reason, maybe misguidedly thinking women can do no wrong and that fat women are always the victims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships