Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,566,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Yes...but if thats what you prefer for your life..thats your business
But yes I do say lazy..
So I wouldn't be lazy if work illegally and make less money than the person I would be paying to clean my house whilst I am out of it all day...oh and then spend the evening bickering with my husband that he should help out more with the cooking etc etc I'd be lonely when my husband was on business trips, I wouldn't have time to finish my BS degree and as a result of us fighting would probably add to your divorce statistics.... let me consider that for a minute... err don't need that long...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
It's not taxing but it's not lazy either. She is cleaning the house, cooking dinners and organizing their lives. AND that's the arrangement her and her husband are happy with.
I'm not criticizing her lifestyle, donie. I don't have opinions on how other people live. I just thought her list of things she did wasn't the knock-out debate punch she seemed to think it was. I think a lot of people would love to do that amount of work for the amount of benefits she receives... trips to California, Europe, etc.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:58 AM

538 posts, read 1,522,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I'm not criticizing her lifestyle, donie. I don't have opinions on how other people live. I just thought her list of things she did wasn't the knock-out debate punch she seemed to think it was. I think a lot of people would love to do that amount of work for the amount of benefits she receives... trips to California, Europe, etc.
Then why did you state an opinion of how Swiss is living??????

Old 05-20-2011, 12:00 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Yes...but if thats what you prefer for your life..thats your business
But yes I do say lazy..

I have coworkers and friends who have jobs and are TEN TIMES lazier than my stay-at-home mother was/is. She gets more done in 4 hours than most people get done in a whole day (do you know how many hours are wasted on the internet at the workplace? an average of 3 hours a day!).

What kind of asinine statement is that...that someone is lazy just because they don't get in the car and go into an office building?

I know there are parasite wives (and husbands) out there...but there are others who work their fingers to the bone to make better lives for their families, to make sure their families' dollar stretches as far as it can, to make sure that their children are supervised and taught and mentored and given every opportunity...

You and I usually have great and friendly rapport on here, jeep, but I find the statement that all SAHMs are lazy to be both offensive and ignorant.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Frankly, this doesn't sound like a very taxing schedule, Swiss.
I agree. Its not particularly 'taxing' but as I am making the best use of my time being productive around the house and not lying around watching TV I think its slightly unfair to be branded as lazy.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Then why did you state an opinion of how Swiss is living??????
Uh no, I didn't say there is anything wrong with having a low-stress workload, but I did point out that the schedule she drew up to *prove* she is far from lazy wasn't all that impressive. For the record, I don't know if she's lazy, and I disagree with jeep's assessment that all stay-at-home spouses are. Furthermore, I don't really care.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,093,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I have coworkers and friends who have jobs and are TEN TIMES lazier than my stay-at-home mother was/is. She gets more done in 4 hours than most people get done in a whole day (do you know how many hours are wasted on the internet at the workplace? an average of 3 hours a day!).

What kind of asinine statement is that...that someone is lazy just because they don't get in the car and go into an office building?

I know there are parasite wives (and husbands) out there...but there are others who work their fingers to the bone to make better lives for their families, to make sure their families' dollar stretches as far as it can, to make sure that their children are supervised and taught and mentored and given every opportunity...

You and I usually have great and friendly rapport on here, jeep, but I find the statement that all SAHMs are lazy to be both offensive and ignorant.

This post was for woman who dont have kids..
Now kids are a different story
Sometimes its better for the mom too stay home with them..and cheaper than having them in daycare
I state woman who dependant on men to support them and they dont have kids..and are able to work..are lazy.
I encourage women to work

Old 05-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswife View Post
I agree. Its not particularly 'taxing' but as I am making the best use of my time being productive around the house and not lying around watching TV I think its slightly unfair to be branded as lazy.
Swiss, if and your husband are happy, you shouldn't worry about what other people think. I don't think there is anything wrong with you pursuing your interests and taking care of your house rather than being a wage slave like the rest of us.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:08 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,306,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Old 05-20-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I didn't intend it to be a knock-out debate punch. I was just saying I am a SAHS, I don't have a work visa and I fill my day looking after my home and husband. I don't see how my daily activities can be described as being lazy.
This wasn't the life I had planned when I was 20 but as my husbands career moved in this direction and he earns in a day what I could potentially earn in a month in the US, we have adapted and this works for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships