Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,190,093 times

Advertisements

My opinion is, who cares? Who am I to judge? Whatever people choose to do with their own lives, as long as it isn't hurting anyone, is their business. Live and let live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,214,723 times
Anybody ever hear the saying
"You make the living, I'll make the living worthwhile"

Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 PM

5 posts, read 14,508 times
Smile Full time me

I am a stay at home wife. I am 20 years old and I quit my job for medical reasons. My job was very stressful and the paycheck was just not worth it at the end of each week. I have found great happiness in what I do now. I get to cook. Now I know many of you would dread this "chore" but I have found many eciting recipies for thigns I have never made before. I am always on the look out for something fun to eat. My husband has told his coworkers and his familey about his wife that cooks. His mom often comments that she never could get him to eat some of the things that he not only eats now, but looks forward to. I love to go visit my mom now. Now that I dont have to deal with a schedule that my job puts forth I can go meet my mom for lunch and just talk for an hour or more if I want. No, I am not considered lazy by my husband, some people see it as lazy, but who cares about them. Even days when i am having a bad day and I stay in bed almost all day my husband comes home and smiles when he sees me. It is very satifiying knowing that I can be there for him when he comes home. I can adjust to whatever I need to do that day, weither it is making him lunch, cleaning the house or just simply trying to catch up on emails. I am trying to get better at cleaning the house and doing chores. I still struggle with a non desire to do those things, but days I dont, my husband just laughs and tells me his little mousy has been home again. i get involved in projects and will leave little "puddles" of projects all over the floor. I am having fun, I can go back to work eventually, but right now we choose not to. I do get asked why a lot, and I get a lot of well what are you going to do in the future. I tell people I am in school and they seem a little better with the fact Im not working, but thats not my main foucus. When people ask me what I do all day, I smile and say I am a full time me.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:42 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,553,005 times
I think, if you're going to be a stay at home wife, you should provide at home. As to whether it's right or not, with no kids, is really up to the couple.

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 05-06-2009 at 09:54 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 12:57 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,358,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I think, if you're going to be a stay at home wife, you should provide at home. As to whether it's right or not, with no kids, is really up to the couple.
yeah, what she ^ said

Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 PM

5 posts, read 14,508 times
My husband seems to be prefectly happy with the job duities he has and does not complain much. It might be becasue we are such a young couple and he is happy with not living at home, but we are both happy. : ) I do my best in cooking and working around the house, there really is not much to be done in a small home

Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,713 times
I really don't have much of an option. My husband travels for a living, ten months out of the year. I don't have a problem staying home. I like to cook, most of the time, and I like to keep the house clean; however I have a masters degree and I feel like my talents are sometimes going to waste. I miss the structure of work, and the socialization. I met some of my closest friends at work.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:13 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Exactly.

That being said, I work out of the house. I'm fortunate that I can get most of my work done by 2 p.m. so that I can take care of the kids and the house the rest of the day.

Now, the house will never pass white glove inspection (Not while a 14, 13, and 10 year old live here, anyway). But the house is almost always tidy. The beds are made, the laundry's put away, the floors are vacuumed, dinner's made, and the homework is done by six or seven that night. The place does not sparkle, but we're not embarrassed when impromptu company drops by either.

That being said, I'm amazed at SAHMs in my wife's circle who do not work and complain about how little free time they have. I mean, I can clean the house stem to stern in three hours AND put dinner on the table. What do these women do all day?

Old 09-10-2009, 05:05 PM

168 posts, read 378,654 times
Bows to stay2home mom, If we had more women like you we would have many less kids taking drugs and less young teen girls getting pregnant.
Much respect to you miss.
Your hubby is a lucky man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay2home View Post
I am a stay at home wife. I am 20 years old and I quit my job for medical reasons. My job was very stressful and the paycheck was just not worth it at the end of each week. I have found great happiness in what I do now. I get to cook. Now I know many of you would dread this "chore" but I have found many eciting recipies for thigns I have never made before. I am always on the look out for something fun to eat. My husband has told his coworkers and his familey about his wife that cooks. His mom often comments that she never could get him to eat some of the things that he not only eats now, but looks forward to. I love to go visit my mom now. Now that I dont have to deal with a schedule that my job puts forth I can go meet my mom for lunch and just talk for an hour or more if I want. No, I am not considered lazy by my husband, some people see it as lazy, but who cares about them. Even days when i am having a bad day and I stay in bed almost all day my husband comes home and smiles when he sees me. It is very satifiying knowing that I can be there for him when he comes home. I can adjust to whatever I need to do that day, weither it is making him lunch, cleaning the house or just simply trying to catch up on emails. I am trying to get better at cleaning the house and doing chores. I still struggle with a non desire to do those things, but days I dont, my husband just laughs and tells me his little mousy has been home again. i get involved in projects and will leave little "puddles" of projects all over the floor. I am having fun, I can go back to work eventually, but right now we choose not to. I do get asked why a lot, and I get a lot of well what are you going to do in the future. I tell people I am in school and they seem a little better with the fact Im not working, but thats not my main foucus. When people ask me what I do all day, I smile and say I am a full time me.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreeterww View Post
Bows to stay2home mom, If we had more women like you we would have many less kids taking drugs and less young teen girls getting pregnant
The fact that she doesn't have children is probably a huge boon IRT those issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships