Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:17 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,634,329 times

Advertisements

I get a kick out of it. I'm 33 years old, have a good job, not bad looking, exercise, lift weights and all, have a good moral base.. I don't care for bars at all. I don't get involved with people I work with. I can't for the life of me figure out how to meet eligible ladies I'm attracted to outside of work.

I guess church, but that in reality has been very poor. The gym, but that has not been an avenue either.. everyone is doing their own thing. There is online dating, but in my experience that has been terrible.

I am out of ideas.. guess just embrace solitude and celibacy for the remainder of my life lol .. maybe a sentence of torture would be less painful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 04:33 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Anywhere, your mind is your limitation

Old 01-02-2015, 04:51 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,395 times
- Art/Painting classes
- Dancing classes
- A steakhouse
- The gym
- A bookstore
- A gallery opening
- Bar of a fancy hotel
- Volunteering missions
- Church (if you're a Christian)
- Cooking classes
- Small private concert
- Poetry reading
- Workshops
- Online?

Old 01-02-2015, 05:10 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Any organization that has regular meetings and a diverse membership will work. Join several!

You could go the civic route with Rotary or business professional meetings.

Art openings and book readings are always nice because they typically serve refreshments and allow time for mingling.

Kayaking, birding, running, and cycling clubs provide plenty of activity time to get to know people better.

Dance classes are great places to meet women. There's usually a shortage of male partners.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:43 AM

11,796 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Anywhere, but also keep in mind that you can meet a lot of people, men and women of all ages, who may not want to date you, but may know someone who might want to. Put your best foot forward with people, not just those you want to date.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:05 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Concerts / shows are great.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:11 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,207 times
Speed dating, singles events, voluntary work, you can even let your friends do some set up.

Remember meeting new people doesn't have to be a stress.

My best relationships were with ladies recommended by friends.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:51 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I get a kick out of it. I'm 33 years old, have a good job, not bad looking, exercise, lift weights and all, have a good moral base.. I don't care for bars at all. I don't get involved with people I work with. I can't for the life of me figure out how to meet eligible ladies I'm attracted to outside of work.

I guess church, but that in reality has been very poor. The gym, but that has not been an avenue either.. everyone is doing their own thing. There is online dating, but in my experience that has been terrible.

I am out of ideas.. guess just embrace solitude and celibacy for the remainder of my life lol .. maybe a sentence of torture would be less painful.
Great question!

I try to just get out. I go to the grocery store, walmart, target, Home Depot and wherever else often but so far no luck with that either. Online is a complete joke.

I am trying to just embrace being single.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,794,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
- Art/Painting classes
- Dancing classes
- A steakhouse
- The gym
- A bookstore
- A gallery opening
- Bar of a fancy hotel
- Volunteering missions
- Church (if you're a Christian)
- Cooking classes
- Small private concert
- Poetry reading
- Workshops
- Online?
Especially the bolded. (I also really enjoy hotel bars, but OP wants to exclude them) Also...

Co-ed sports leagues.

If you have a pet, any kind of pet meetup (there's doggie 5k's and such all over the place)

Exercise classes; there are gobs of women in yoga/zumba classes

Old 01-02-2015, 08:42 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Photography classes
Theater improv workshops
Outdoor concerts
Art fairs
Your local travel bookstore (they host lectures in the evenings)
Volunteering for Habitat for Humanity
Your local grocery store
the park
any bus stop, if you're taking the bus
cycle clubs, running clubs and marathons
evening classes of any kind

Try a different gym. See if you can find one where people are more sociable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships