Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is remaining an adult male virgin weird & wrong
Yes to both 9 7.69%
Yes, Weird 10 8.55%
Yes, Wrong 1 0.85%
No 91 77.78%
Wow 6 5.13%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 07:05 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,072,463 times

Advertisements

I'm not like tyc though, I don't want marriage, just a relationship that comes from a close friendship. I don't feel comfortable asking out strangers. Plus I wouldn't normally have feelings for a random stranger or someone on OLD.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:08 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,681,680 times
No it is not wrong, wrong is incest or molesting children or animals. Not having had sexual experience is not wrong.

Heck it is not weird, plenty of people are virgins in their twenties. Now if you were 54, it would be pretty odd, but not "wrong".

Old 02-23-2015, 07:10 PM

28 posts, read 29,629 times
Nothing wrong or weird about it. I hope you find someone who shares your ideals.

Old 02-23-2015, 10:10 PM

22 posts, read 37,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Just to be clear, if you got married, you would have sex with your wife, correct?
Yeah, that would be correct, sir. I know some people probably would clown on me for wanting to stay celibate until marriage, but oh well.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:32 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
I wouldn't worry about what people say. Your choice to be a virgin because of religious or personal beliefs. Doesn't mean you're gonna be a sexual deviant because you haven't porked 25 girls and gotten a few pregnant by now.
And please don't go to a prostitute to lose it. You'll regret it. Not only for losing it to a hooker, but you may just pick up a gift that keeps on giving for the rest of your life.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:00 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I wouldn't worry about what people say. Your choice to be a virgin because of religious or personal beliefs. Doesn't mean you're gonna be a sexual deviant because you haven't porked 25 girls and gotten a few pregnant by now.
And please don't go to a prostitute to lose it. You'll regret it. Not only for losing it to a hooker, but you may just pick up a gift that keeps on giving for the rest of your life.
Oh please, come down off the high horse. What, you couldn't hang on to yours so you want to live vicariously through someone else? . A hooker is no more or less likely to give someone an STD than someone who isn't charging by the hour. And while I am at it... every 54 year old virgin was once a 24 year old virgin. Why would it be weird at 54 to be a virgin and not 24? It is completely outside of parameters to be a virgin at any age after 18 or so, but after age 21 the divergence factor starts to increase exponentially. If one is still a virgin in their 30's chances are good that they will remain that way for the remainder. That is certainly no crime.. nor is it particularly weird. A little sad, maybe, but not that weird. The problem, as I see it, is that Americans are all closet Puritans. There is a collective shame that smothers everyone who gave in to the primal urge to shag. We deify those who so far have remained pure, in body, even if not in spirit. We wish we could be like them. Rather than encourage them to come over to our side we cajole them to stay on theirs. Friends... that is the textbook definition of hypocrisy. There is nothing sweet or innocent, or good or noble about remaining a virgin once it is clear that the plumbing is ready for it. Pregnancy, STD's, rejection.... yes these risks are there.... there is also great risk of death and or dismemberment from being in a car accident... that never stops anyone from encouraging young people to get their learner's permits. I can't say I've ever seen anyone encourage a young person to become sexually active. Hmmmmm.

H

Old 02-24-2015, 09:57 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,072,463 times
Leisesturm, sometimes it isn't entirely a choice, though. I have met five or sex people to whom I would have lost my virginity. None of them felt the same way toward me. "Dating" doesn't really interest me because 99.9999% of the women I come into contact with -- all but those six so far -- are people to whom I am sexually attracted yet for whom I feel no romantic desire. This includes women whose profiles I see on OLD. I might feel the desire to have sex with them, but there is no desire to spend time with them for romantic purposes. The latter is very rare for me. Plus I would want to be friends first, for months or years, then FWB, then it might be an LTR if it persists for a long period of time. I don't really understand the "date 3 times and then have sex" paradigm. To me that's still casual sex.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:04 PM

22 posts, read 37,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
A prostitute hasn't even been a thought for me. That simply is something I'd never want to do, to be honest. I'd hope to never go that route. I know what my desired options are, and I'm looking to stick to it. I'm looking to be celibate unless I were to get married.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:02 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
I would definetley try to lose it before 30
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships