Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is remaining an adult male virgin weird & wrong
Yes to both 9 7.69%
Yes, Weird 10 8.55%
Yes, Wrong 1 0.85%
No 91 77.78%
Wow 6 5.13%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 01:02 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyc113 View Post
OK. In my defense, I think I can say this. I am not suppressing anything down. I am not hiding some sort of concealed secrecy. I spoke in honesty. I am honestly trying to be celibate and also celibate for Jesus. On top of that, I never said that sexuality was some sort of wicked thing. I never said that. It's a great gift for plenty of people. However, I am saying in my case, it may not actually be for me at all. I am honestly saying that it may not happen for me, especially if I don't get married. If that were to never happen and if if I were to be celibate for the rest of my life, then guess what? I would be satisfied with that.

Who knows if this "backfires" on me? You may be right. I don't know if it will or won't. I am just saying that for Christ's sake I want to stay celibate and am going to live this. And with plenty of joy. We'll see.
The Catholic Church is looking for a few good men. They need men for whom the celibacy thing is no big deal. Guys like you, and they are willing to pay you for your Sacrifice of the joys of the flesh for Christ's sake. The Seminary education alone is worth a couple hundred grand. On the House. Free! I've never understood why raging jocks, full of testosterone and manly charm put themselves through the agony of denial and answer The Call, only to fail, miserably and spectacularly, and disgrace themselves, their families and the faith community, when those for whom the whole sex thing is but a minor annoyance become Software Engineers. Just saying.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:10 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,579,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Nah, it happens. For example, on Undercover Boss tonight, the boss asked the worker to tell him more about himself and specifically asked if he was married. So in that situation I would say "no, girls aren't into me". So it might come up that way. It's not like I'm embarrassed. It's depressing but not embarrassing.
Being a virgin isn't a bad thing, but bringing it up is just going to make it awkward. Women don't like awkward. You don't have to lie, but for God's sake dont just bring it up.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:36 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
There kinda is. I mean... being a virgin is one thing. Wanting to remain one is quite another. Is it really shallow of a woman to expect that a guy in his 20's will have gotten over that particular life hurdle?
It's none of their business. Don't like it? Find someone else.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:12 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,727,352 times
Quote:
There kinda is. I mean... being a virgin is one thing. Wanting to remain one is quite another. Is it really shallow of a woman to expect that a guy in his 20's will have gotten over that particular life hurdle?
There is no valid reason why there should be.

The point is....it shouldn't matter. If that is not your preference, fine. But it's not cool to ridicule or say it's wrong to be one.

Nothing good ever comes from that. Don't worry about it.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:18 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
As much as being a virgin at 24 or later is odd to me, in all fairness, it depends on each person and what is right for one person might not be right for another.

That's about at honest as I can make it.....

Old 02-21-2015, 07:22 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,313,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
As much as being a virgin at 24 or later is odd to me, in all fairness, it depends on each person and what is right for one person might not be right for another.

That's about at honest as I can make it.....
What's odd about it? I think it's odd that pop culture has warped societies minds into thinking you have to lose your virginity at 15 or have multiple partners every week. Seriously, if someone chooses to be a virgin so what? It's their damn choice and it's their life. I never understood why people (specifically other guys) made a big deal about this.

That being said I don't think it's weird at all. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something because They think it's abnormal. F*** them and do what you want... but you seem to have that down already.

Old 02-21-2015, 10:53 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,073,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaentendu19 View Post
Being a virgin isn't a bad thing, but bringing it up is just going to make it awkward. Women don't like awkward. You don't have to lie, but for God's sake dont just bring it up.
But I am awkward. That's part of who I am.

And if they don't want to hear that I'm a virgin then I can't be with them. We have to be able to talk about our pasts and who we are.

Besides, it mainly comes up in conversation with men. Rarely have I had a conversation in real life with a woman where my virginity would come up. It has happened though.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:04 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.2089 View Post
What's odd about it? I think it's odd that pop culture has warped societies minds into thinking you have to lose your virginity at 15 or have multiple partners every week. Seriously, if someone chooses to be a virgin so what? It's their damn choice and it's their life. I never understood why people (specifically other guys) made a big deal about this.

That being said I don't think it's weird at all. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing something because They think it's abnormal. F*** them and do what you want... but you seem to have that down already.
It's odd... unless you're saving yourself for marriage... don't try and preach to me... I'm sure I'm much older than you and have thought every thought you've ever thought on this subject.... I clearly said in my post that it's ok..... so drop the moral high ground......

Old 02-21-2015, 01:04 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,247,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
And if someone judges him off of that then they're a shallow person. There's nothing wrong with being a virgin.
That's right, when you think about it it's kinda gross, contemplating how someone else had sex.

Bizarre.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,938,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
That's right, when you think about it it's kinda gross, contemplating how someone else had sex.

Bizarre.
You mean didn't have sex, right? I can't see how that's gross... contemplating someone not having sex... no... wait a minute.. you are dead on! That is gross... poor virgins...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships