Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 12:09 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times

Advertisements

Maybe, for starters, some of these guys who struggle with dating women should simply befriend some women just to see how they interact and go about their lives. I bet most of these men will find that they are actually pretty normal and have many of the same life problems as they do.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:13 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler View Post
This is really cruel. It takes even more charisma and game skill to get a woman into a casual relationship than it does an LTR.

You are trying to push him toward something that is not even an option for him.
Nonsense. I was a divorced unattached woman not long ago, and casual is exactly what I wanted. I have a lot of girlfriends in the same boat. Granted, I have plenty of girlfriends who are married or not looking for something casual.

Not every woman uses sex as a bartering chip; some really do just want to have sex.

And I am not trying to "push" Neutrino towards anything at all. He should do as he pleases, just like everyone else.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:14 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleur View Post
Maybe, for starters, some of these guys who struggle with dating women should simply befriend some women just to see how they interact and go about their lives. I bet most of these men will find that they are actually pretty normal and have many of the same life problems as they do.

I swear all these guys with these issues don't have female friends. They view them as the other. Humans are humans. We all have the same issues and challenges.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:18 PM

376 posts, read 317,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenorSax83 View Post
I'd like to challenge your harem theory from a biological perspective. I don't believe you are correct because if you were, the vast majority of women would be reproducing with very few men. Now if this were actually occurring, the subsequent generation of people would all be closely related to each other with very little genetic variation within the population. This would make them all more susceptible to disease both genetic and viral, and they would possibly die out. But, this has NOT been the case! The population both worldwide and in the US continue to boom with high rates of variation within us all. Therefore your Harem theory isn't the rule, because genetics and nature's preference for variation suggest otherwise.
Your argument falls on it's face in that it assumes that all sex is for procreative purposes, and always leads to pregnancy.

I am also using it to describe dating/relationships post-sexual-revolution, not throughout all of history.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:21 PM

376 posts, read 317,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Nonsense. I was a divorced unattached woman not long ago, and casual is exactly what I wanted. I have a lot of girlfriends in the same boat. Granted, I have plenty of girlfriends who are married or not looking for something casual.

Not every woman uses sex as a bartering chip; some really do just want to have sex.

And I am not trying to "push" Neutrino towards anything at all. He should do as he pleases, just like everyone else.

The bolded is another reason that average men are getting frozen out. Women are increasingly looking for "casual" because they can snag men out of their league for that type of arrangement, and don't mind sharing a high-value male.

I'm not arguing that you weren't looking for that, I argued that it takes a more charismatic man to obtain that.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:21 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,212,363 times
Quote:
Your argument falls on it's face in that it assumes that all sex is for procreative purposes, and always leads to pregnancy.

I am also using it to describe dating/relationships post-sexual-revolution, not throughout all of history.
Whether s/he was making that case or wasn't, what does it matter? I think all s/he's saying is that the proof is in the pudding. The results speak for themselves, in that the wide variation in genetics speaks to the fact that women are hooking up with a wide variety of men, just not the top 1% as is often suggested here.

I mean, look at how many deadbeats have kids.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
Quote:
The bolded is another reason that average men are getting frozen out. Women are increasingly looking for "casual" because they can snag men out of their league for that type of arrangement, and don't mind sharing a high-value male.

I'm not arguing that you weren't looking for that, I argued that it takes a more charismatic man to obtain that.

No, casual comes before serious. Always. It doesn't start serious.

Second, I have no idea where you get this nonsense that a whole lot of women are waiting their turn with a single guy. Both guys and women date/sleep around equally from everything I've seen in this world.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Her experiment is biased and flawed from the start because she's not an actual man. She wasn't dating to find a connection with these women she was collecting data. If you've ever written a master's thesis you'd know collecting data is brutal!
I came here to post that same thing.

This isn't a valid experiment at all.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:24 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,642,612 times
Quote:

Lol. I see. So, women don't want casual and that is why average men cannot have casual relationships with them. Another problem is that women do want casual and that that is why average men cannot have casual relationships with them. Yes, it is all very clear now.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
I think it would be far more valid to follow a set of men and a set of women in their dating/relationship lives - interview them, watch the dates, etc. - to gain more of a perspective on how dating and relationships are for each gender. I wouldn't expect that my experiences as a woman dressed up like a man to be similar to what an actual man is going through. For starters, I'm not a man - so I don't think like I man. I'm also not attracted to women. I could understand dressing up like a man to see how people treat you differently in your daily life - or putting on a fat suit, or being made up to be a minority. Things like that would be eye opening, I'm sure. But dating is dependent on the interaction between the two people on the date - and it doesn't really make sense if one of them is a woman dressed up like a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships