Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:59 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,830 times

Advertisements

I want to just be a **** at this point.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post

Be whatever it is that you want to be (I can't see the word because it is blocked).
No one can tell you why this guy did what he did but him and he already told you.
It is now your decision to turn around, walk away and not look back.
If you don't that is your issue alone and no one else can fix it for you.
So move on or don't just don't blame anyone else for your choice
and quit fussing about him making his choice.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:10 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
Quote:
Do you mean promiscouous?

Old 05-08-2015, 11:14 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Do you mean promiscouous?

That one is holding hands with all the boys!

Old 05-08-2015, 11:31 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,452,262 times
Quote:
Okay thanks guys. When I date I will kiss everyone then since apparently that's what people do.
Some, not all. My last three dates I knew partway through there wasn't going to be a second date. I didn't kiss any of them.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:54 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,111,132 times
You're being really dramatic. How invested are you in someone after TWO dates even if they were great dates. I understand being disappointed. Anyone would be, but not to this level and feeling wronged. This man didn't lead you on. He decided for whatever reason as is his right that he didn't wish to see you anymore and he even did the respectful thing which was to let you know he didn't want to continue instead of ghosting on you which is what most people do these days. You were an active participants in the kissing, cuddling, hand holding. If you didn't want to be that close after only one or two dates, then that's on you to find out what he's looking for first or to tell him to slow down.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:57 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,865,539 times
Quote:
I get that, but if he was interested in another woman, why would he go on 2 back to back dates with me, kiss me, hold my hand, etc.?? Is it the norm when not being exclusive to date more than 1 woman and kiss all of them?
Because he was trying to see how far you'd go. That's his m.o. He fakes the chemistry to see if you fall for it, and you did. The key part of the m.o. is to announce from the get-go that he's not a player, to gain your trust. See how that works? Sorry, OP. You bought into classic player strategy.

Old 05-08-2015, 11:59 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
I sympathize with the OP. Sometimes it's difficult to keep a clear head and not get ahead of yourself when you meet someone that you think you've clicked with and that there might be something to this.

I've been on a few of those dates myself--you have a lot in common, conversation just flows, you're having a great time, there's making out involved--and then in a day or two you get the "You're great, but..." call or text. It's a bummer, and it's okay to be bummed out about it. But at the end of the day, you didn't know this guy, and he doesn't owe you a thing.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:00 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,998 times
Go back on that dating site find another guy and forget this one. If you're a woman and remotely attractive it's very easy to get a date in the OLD world, so use it to your advantage! Best way to get over someone is to get under someone else! (Or in your case kiss someone else).

Who knows why he was acting so into you on the date, but in my experience unless you're totally repulsed by the person, for the most part dates go pretty well whether there is chemistry or not, sometimes it's what goes on in between the dates that is most telling (i.e. Contact, phone calls, etc).

Old 05-08-2015, 12:01 PM

291 posts, read 397,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
You're being really dramatic. How invested are you in someone after TWO dates even if they were great dates. I understand being disappointed. Anyone would be, but not to this level and feeling wronged.
Agreed. 2 dates with someone (which at most were probably ~2-4 hours total) is a drop in the bucket for time in your life. Heal your emotions, take it as a learning experience and move on to the next person. You will meet someone even better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships