Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 08:59 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,758,542 times

Advertisements

Yep, it seems like there is an assumption that she didn't work late at all, but just said she worked late and instead did other things. Not sure how this conclusion was arrived at, however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 09:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,758,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Why are you keeping tabs on your coworker's wife again?
Good question.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:01 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,404,163 times
Well clearly, the co-worker of the husband and the internet forum he is telling the story to would know all the nuances of the situation best.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:04 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,712,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Because there are lots of sickos out there who would call their spouse every 15 minutes and tell her to come home and ruin the shopping/bar evening she wants to have every once in a while.
While this is true (I've been on the receiving end of this kind of controlling behavior) there are also selfish people who don't think to communicate clearly/don't care (been on the receiving end of that).

I don't think any of us can tell from this hearsay account of this couple what's going on... if the husband is the controlling sort that the wife feels needs to be lied to in order to get some space every now and then; if the wife is inconsiderate and a poor communicator; or if it's a combination of both or even neither.

This only happens twice a year. I really doubt there is some guy on the side who waits every 6 months for a hook up. that thinking is a bit paranoid.. if it happened every 6 days, yeah, maybe. But not twice a year.

What I do know is that these two need to sit down and clearly communicate with each other and work this out. Tell each other what they expect and how the actions of the other makes them feel. Then work on a solution that works for both of them... a compromise.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:05 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,071,460 times
So did we ever find out if she worked late at all?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,182,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
So a woman lies to her husband, and its him who is doing something wrong? So typical.

Oh stop.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,800,287 times
"I'm leaving in 10 minutes" implies she's coming home, not "I'm leaving in 10 minutes to go shopping and have dinner and drinks, and by the way you should make yourself some dinner because it should be obvious by now that I am not cooking tonight."

Old 09-02-2015, 09:39 AM

36,794 posts, read 31,091,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
To me it seems like the husband is needy or controlling so the poor wife has to find an excuse to go have fun with a coworker every six months.

The fact that she has to lie to be able to spend an evening without him and him wanting to dump her for that says a lot.
Thats the impression I got. The "To say he is pissed is an understatement. He is actually talking about leaving her over this he is so upset." pushed me in that direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question2015 View Post
So a woman lies to her husband, and its him who is doing something wrong? So typical. How about honesty to begin with? Women are not children, they are adults and need to take responsibility for their actions.
It could go either way. I've seen men tell little lies or do the avoidance thing because their wife was so controlling a byotchy it was just easier than being up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
While this is true (I've been on the receiving end of this kind of controlling behavior) there are also selfish people who don't think to communicate clearly/don't care (been on the receiving end of that).

I don't think any of us can tell from this hearsay account of this couple what's going on... if the husband is the controlling sort that the wife feels needs to be lied to in order to get some space every now and then; if the wife is inconsiderate and a poor communicator; or if it's a combination of both or even neither.
^^^this.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:51 AM

52,406 posts, read 52,925,080 times
While I can see the husband being a bit upset, to think about divorce over this seems a little extreme.

Granted what she did was rude and uncalled for, but it doesn't warrant divorce, especially if there are kids involved. I think the husband's ego is a bit bruised and he's lashing out.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,857,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Why are you keeping tabs on your coworker's wife again?
That is I am thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships