Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 11:07 AM

565 posts, read 434,547 times

Advertisements

If you trust someone, you expect them to be honest with you. I can almost guarantee she is cheating on this dude. His intuition is probably telling him exactly the same thing, and intuition is not something to ignore. I hate liars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 11:11 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,422,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad View Post
No, she actually left work EARLY with her coworker and drove an hour away to hit the bar and go shopping. That is part of why he is so mifffed. She told him this herself after she got home. When she told him where she went and what she did, he said the timeline did not add up and she told him she actually left work early and "it wasn't planned...it just happened". He is bent because if she had just told him up front he had things he could have accomplished rather than to go home and sit and wait for her being "a bit late" as her text stated, not five hours. Also, he waited for her to have dinner and ended up cooking himself something at 9pm.

Apparently this is the fourth or fifth time she has used the I'm working late and will be "a bit late" term, and then comes home hours later half hammered and says she was actually at the bar. This actually got him more than anything.

I told him to just tell her in the future if you are going out with friends after work just to tell him. He has no problem with her going out, it's the lying about it.
Wait... Why wasn't this in the initial post? So, you should have said that the spouse repeatedly lies and goes to bars to get drunk.

You are way invested in your coworkers marriage. Let him figure it out.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:11 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,758,542 times
Hah, you "can almost guarantee it?" What's your inside scoop?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:12 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,422,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's interesting how, the longer the thread goes, the more interesting, but for whatever reason, heretofore unmentioned, major details suddenly appear.
Yes, odd that.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Wait... Why wasn't this in the initial post? So, you should have said that the spouse repeatedly lies and goes to bars to get drunk.

You are way invested in your coworkers marriage. Let him figure it out.
This is my thought...the longer the thread goes, the more elaborate "incriminating details" get added, which were not presented in the beginning. It's gone from "She does a girl's night every six months or so," to "this is the fourth or fifth time this has happened," and from, "He's mad because he waited until 9 and finally gave up and had to make his own supper" to "She's driving an hour home half in the bag and this, along with continual lies, is a repeat occurrence!!"

This is a LOT of detail and personal insight for something that applies to a coworker and a spouse the OP has allegedly "met once." Is this one of those "asking for a friend" situations?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:17 AM

52,406 posts, read 52,925,080 times
Quote:
This is my thought...the longer the thread goes, the more elaborate "incriminating details" get added, which were not presented in the beginning. It's gone from "She does a girl's night every six months or so," to "this is the fourth or fifth time this has happened," and from, "He's mad because he waited until 9 and finally gave up and had to make his own supper" to "She's driving an hour home half in the bag and this, along with continual lies, is a repeat occurrence!!"

This is a LOT of detail and personal insight for something that applies to a coworker and a spouse the OP has allegedly "met once." Is this one of those "asking for a friend" situations?
Yes, people seem to be inserting details and "facts" without really reading what the OP has been saying.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yes, people seem to be inserting details and "facts" without really reading what the OP has been saying.
Actually, I was talking about the OP suddenly adding "new incriminating details."

Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 AM

52,406 posts, read 52,925,080 times
Quote:
Actually, I was talking about the OP suddenly adding "new incriminating details."
Ok, I must have misunderstood. People here do that all of the time. They present a thin argument and when it doesn't go their way all of the sudden the details get served up. If there isn't an agenda to get everyone to agree, then when not just present all of the information up front, instead of sounding defensive and desperate to get their opinion to be agreed with.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:25 AM

I've noticed it more that the original post will suddenly become bolstered with all kinds of new and dramatic info if it seems like responses are not necessarily going along the lines of what was feedback was perhaps sought.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,001,478 times
Quote:
That's funny!

Like the truth is trying to come out but there is so much muck to get through that you just don't know.

So she left early from work to get a drink at the bar to do some shopping? Yeah, I bet she was shopping for a big package!!

Texted 10 minutes instead of 100 minutes. Honest mistake while intoxicated.

Next time try to have sex with her. If she refuses then she already got hers and is not in the mood cause of it.

Last edited by funymann; 09-02-2015 at 11:46 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships