Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 03:04 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,971,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Hahahaha.

Don't pick on Kel
Hey. Come on now. Analysis can be expensive.. He's offering it for free! But at least he didn't call me a gold digger, gotta give him his props for that.

( kidding, just messin with ya) lol

Last edited by Sydney123; 09-22-2015 at 03:14 PM..

Old 09-22-2015, 03:14 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Wait... Shouldn't I be laid out on a couch for this? And shouldn't your credentials be hanging on a wall somewhere?
So things haven't been as non-traumatic as you've been insinuating.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:19 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,344 times
I think he likes you Kel.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:20 PM

8,327 posts, read 13,462,277 times
Quote:
Wait... Shouldn't I be laid out on a couch for this? And shouldn't your credentials be hanging on a wall somewhere?
You just wanna lie down in front of an older man, don't you?

I kid...I kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
48!
Close but no cigar!
Wasn't it Tom in Parks and Recreations telling that to Andrew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, we wouldn't go for it. That's our daughter's age. I don't care how "emotionally mature" they feel or their peers perceive them to be. We simply cannot relate to someone that age. Mid-20s, sort of, but for anything beyond a little fun, no. They tend to fall in love way too easily, in my experience.
No, we wouldn't? Who else are you speaking for? That sentence was really meant for guys, especially single guys and your hubby sounds whipped so his opinion doesn't count.

Old 09-22-2015, 03:48 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,971,833 times
TBPO.. Yes I was sexually assaulted when I was 21, but I wasn't as traumatized as I was P****d off that someone could just take advantage of someone merely because I was smaller and weaker. I did, at the behest of my mom undergo counseling and my therapist was actually quite impressed on how well I handled it. And I attribute that to my parents and the way they raised me. I will try ( if your really interest, but I doubt you will because it doesn't fit your agenda.. Being that young women who " date" older men are somehow damaged goods and are not capable of using their own free will).
I think that you are comparing my situation with the OP and the 19 year old. Which is apples to oranges.
First off.. I don't "date" older men exclusively....
Secondly ... I was 25 when I started up with the gentleman in question. I'd already graduated from college, owned my own home, was gainfully employed. In my young life I'd already traveled to 6 countries. ( a couple of them multiple times, mostly by myself), learned to speak, read and write fluently 2 foreign languages and a third conversationally.
I'd venture to guess that I've probably done more and experienced more than many who are older than I and I believe I can say without recrimination that I've done way more than most people my age. (Talking from real experience here).
When I was 21 I received an inheritance that allowed me quite a different lifestyle than that of the majority of my peers and more in tune with the man I am "dating".
What I have discovered is that a lot of guys my age are either focused on their careers as am I or looking to settle down, marry and have kids. Or.. They're content with working their 9-5 jobs, drinking beer and playing video games.
Nothing wrong with that.. Just of no interest to me. Some day.. But not now.
Dating an older man allows me the freedom to do my thing without being judged or have my motives questioned.
So Mr Armchair analyst.. What's your claim to fame. What qualifies you judge and know what's in the mind of the opposite sex?

Last edited by Sydney123; 09-22-2015 at 04:31 PM..

Old 09-22-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
TBPO.. Yes I was sexually assaulted when I was 21, but I wasn't as traumatized as I was P****d off that someone could just take advantage of someone merely because I was smaller and weaker. I did, at the behest of my mom undergo counseling and my therapist was actually quite impressed on how well I handled it. And I attribute that to my parents and the way they raised me. I will try ( if your really interest, but I doubt you will because it doesn't fit your agenda.. Being that young women who " date" older men are somehow damaged goods and are not capable of using their own free will).
I think that you are comparing my situation with the OP and the 19 year old. Which is apples to oranges.
First off.. I don't "date" older men exclusively....
Secondly ... I was 25 when I started up with the gentleman in question. I'd already graduated from college, owned my own home, was gainfully employed. In my young life I'd already traveled to 6 countries. ( a couple of them multiple times) (mostly by myself), learned to speak, read and write fluently 2 foreign languages and a third conversationally.
I'd basically own my own since I was 18 ( went to college out of state).
Hmmm... not quit as unremarkable past as you were insinuating. I wonder how I magically knew that you had some kind of serious trauma in your past?

Old 09-22-2015, 04:06 PM

1,273 posts, read 992,344 times
Maybe because a high percentage of women will experience sexual assault. That's a satistical fact, not some impressively intuitive revelation.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Maybe because a high percentage of women will experience sexual assault. That's a satistical fact, not some impressively intuitive revelation.

17%. That's too many, but not realy close to a high percentage.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:10 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
Ditto. Not to downplay rape or sexual assault in any way, but we can't attribute every sexual proclivity to deep-seated trauma. Sometimes it is a contributing factor, and sometimes it's just a matter of personal preference.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:34 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,354,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Hmmm... not quit as unremarkable past as you were insinuating. I wonder how I magically knew that you had some kind of serious trauma in your past?
So, any 19 y/o woman dating an ancient 38 dude or older has daddy issues, traumatic brain injury, been sexually assaulted, raped and crappy parents?

Am I missing something? Oh, can't forget golddiggers, Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships