Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 02:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,769,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Believe me, most of those who condemn you, would likely to go for it if they had the opportunity or think something is straight-up wrong just because they wouldn't/didn't do themselves. Weird how people can so very easily judge and condemn you based on social taboos and their own opinions.

Next ask about dating two women at the same time and see what kind of whacky guilt trip this crowd serves you. I bet it won't be as painful as the textual azzwhuppin' that awaits me for posting this!
No, we wouldn't go for it. That's our daughter's age. I don't care how "emotionally mature" they feel or their peers perceive them to be. We simply cannot relate to someone that age. Mid-20s, sort of, but for anything beyond a little fun, no. They tend to fall in love way too easily, in my experience.

Dating two women at a time is fine as long as nobody is outright lying about it.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:11 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,005,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think celebrities count. Of course young girls have movie idols. Most that young though who like men that much older do have "Daddy Issues", I was one of them.

Let me fix that for you.
"I have daddy issues and although I have no proof that most who date much older also have daddy issues... I am going to throw out a wild a$$ guess and say that most who do also have them". Because I can speak for all/ most young women.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:17 PM

507 posts, read 444,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, we wouldn't go for it. That's our daughter's age. I don't care how "emotionally mature" they feel or their peers perceive them to be. We simply cannot relate to someone that age. Mid-20s, sort of, but for anything beyond a little fun, no. They tend to fall in love way too easily, in my experience.

Dating two women at a time is fine as long as nobody is outright lying about it.
With age differences that big, usually it's not that the younger person is mature beyond his or her years. It's that the older person is aged beyond his or her maturity.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,920,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Yes.. To this very day. I can ( and do) speak to my parents regularly and can talk to them about ANYTHING.
When I told them that I was dating a much older man we sat down and had a very adult conversation and as much as they were against it.. They listened, cautioned me as to the possible repercussions and said they'd be there for me.
Interesting. You are close with both your parents. And you have had no traumatic events in your life? No sexual assaults, no verbal abuse, no incidences with sexual abuse from an older child or adult when you were a kid?

Old 09-22-2015, 02:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Of course a 19 year-old who came from a stable, healthy family environment wouldn't be interested in a 38 year-old in the first place.
We don't actually have any indication that one is, to be honest.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:21 PM

51,036 posts, read 36,758,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Those age differences are for people UNDER the legal age.

The age of consent for a state allows the person (whether they are 16, 17 or 18) to have sex with anyone that age or above, regardless of how old they are.
It is not true, look at the link.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:22 PM

1,273 posts, read 994,407 times
Quote:
I don't know your history, but I'm betting you have not had a stable family, emotional and relationship life.
Hahahaha.

Don't pick on Kel

Old 09-22-2015, 02:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It is not true, look at the link.
Various states also have extensions written into their existing age of consent laws to prohibit school employees from engaging in sexual activity with minor students who are of the age of consent or older.

This wouldn't apply to a 19-year old obviously (though individual university policy may, if not state law), but it IS an extension of age of consent laws. It's not as clear cut as, "Well, if you're sixteen, you can choose to have sex with your 22-year old teacher, because your state says you're old enough to consent." The school employee/student addendum that is in place in various states would address that particular circumstance.

Old 09-22-2015, 02:29 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,964,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennia View Post
if eric says, "half your age plus 7 is socially acceptable"

and

zennia says, "i don't care what is socially acceptable, i'm not dating an 84-year-old"

how old is zennia?

48!

Old 09-22-2015, 03:00 PM

11,168 posts, read 8,005,696 times
Quote:
Interesting. You are close with both your parents. And you have had no traumatic events in your life? No sexual assaults, no verbal abuse, no incidences with sexual abuse from an older child or adult when you were a kid?
Wait... Shouldn't I be laid out on a couch for this? And shouldn't your credentials be hanging on a wall somewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships