Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 01:32 PM

51,253 posts, read 36,914,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Despite the fact that there are tons of male celebrities in their 30s, 40s and 50s who have a lot of adoring teenage fans. Daniel Craig was 38 when he did his first Bond film. He could have had his pick of stable, healthy 19-year old girls. He still could now, at age 47.
I don't think celebrities count. Of course young girls have movie idols. Most that young though who like men that much older do have "Daddy Issues", I was one of them.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 PM

11,173 posts, read 8,027,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
I don't know your history, but I'm betting you have not had a stable family, emotional and relationship life.

You'd lose that bet. I was brought up in a very stable and loving environment with parents who instilled in me self confidence, high self esteem, good values , independence, to think on my own, and to speak my mind.
My past relationships have been unremarkable... Typical young adult ups and downs. I was also taught that I didn't have to put up with any kind of BS from men, and I DON'T.
Perfect example... Right here.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:45 PM

577 posts, read 672,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That is not correct. No one can consent before the age of consent. Here is a link, at the bottom it lists all states and the age differences deemed acceptable: Statutory Rape: The Age of Consent | LegalMatch Law Library

Hawaii allows the biggest age difference, they allow 21 year olds to be with 16 year olds. Everyone else is between 18-20 at the oldest, with most listing 18 as the oldest it is legal to have consensual sex with a minor. Many only allow other 16 year olds to have sex with 16 year olds.

Those age differences are for people UNDER the legal age.

Quote:
Other states imply a different method which, like the federal statute, takes into account the relative ages of both people. In these states, such as Texas, the age of consent is determined by age differentials between the two persons and limited by a minimum age. For example, a state might set a minimum age of 14, but limit consent to partners who are within 3 years of their age. This would allow a sixteen year old to lawfully have sex with a fourteen year old, but make it criminal for an eighteen year old to have sex with that same fourteen year old.
The age of consent for a state allows the person (whether they are 16, 17 or 18) to have sex with anyone that age or above, regardless of how old they are.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:46 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,927,245 times
So you've had a close relationship with your parents and your dad is, and always has been, available for you?

Old 09-22-2015, 01:46 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,970,312 times
I hate to speak ill about people. But there was a young girl in our area years ago, very nice and very pretty, the problem was she was dating a guy for a long time and would cheat on him CONSTANTLY at parties. It was almost guaranteed that if she was at the party alone, somebody at the party would be sleeping with her that night. She'd sneak upstairs with a random guy, they'd do their thing, and if she ever got called out on it or caught she would say it was rape. She did this from age 17-19 then I think she moved away after her and her BF finally broke up. But she literally claimed this on like 6-7 different people over a 2 year period. The first few times were followed by big town rumors, after a while the only person believing her seemed to be the BF (Poor guy, what an ass he made of himself) The last time she got caught and tried to say it wasn't her fault that she was being raped was when the party was actually broken up by the cops and an officer or 2 walked in on them... She tried to claim he was raping her and they were just like "yeaaa nothing about what you were doing to him in that position, and the stuff you were screaming out, was rape." They apparently gave her a stern talking to about that, but always amazed me that she never got in trouble for that.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:52 PM

507 posts, read 444,709 times
Default A word problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Rule of thumb. Half your age plus 7 is socially acceptable.
If Eric says, "Half your age plus 7 is socially acceptable"

and

Zennia says, "I don't care what is socially acceptable, I'm not dating an 84-year-old"

how old is Zennia?

Old 09-22-2015, 01:54 PM

577 posts, read 672,393 times
Quote:
So you've had a close relationship with your parents and your dad is, and always has been, available for you?
Stop trying to project your own hang-ups and insecurities on other people, please. It's insulting and embarrassing.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,802,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Yes, the average age.

However:

54.6% are 18 to 29 years old
28.6% are 30 to 39 years old
8.9% are 40 to 49 years old
7.3% are 50 years old or older

Also, 1 in 5 co-eds has been sexually assaulted. Clearly girls are safer with older men than younger ones. Not just from rape. Young men are overwhelmingly more prone to violent acts in general.
I'm sorry, but that's a non sequitur. Even if roughly half of date rapists are between 18 and 29, that doesn't mean roughly half of MEN between the ages of 18 and 29 are date rapists.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:57 PM

11,173 posts, read 8,027,158 times
Quote:
Yes.. To this very day. I can ( and do) speak to my parents regularly and can talk to them about ANYTHING.
When I told them that I was dating a much older man we sat down and had a very adult conversation and as much as they were against it.. They listened, cautioned me as to the possible repercussions and said they'd be there for me.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:59 PM

8,382 posts, read 13,540,513 times
Take away all the biased ****-bl0ck comments the older, possibly bitter and jealous people are dishing out, take away all the social brain-washing that has been poured into you based on what "being moral" is, take away all the expectations and thought on commitments, now how do you feel?

Yes, from 19 to 38 there is a huge mental/maturity gap but if she is truly acting much older than her age and you are somewhat much younger at heart & mind and neither of you have a problem getting to know one another and OK with whatever comes out of it ....then, why the F not?

Believe me, most of those who condemn you, would likely to go for it if they had the opportunity or think something is straight-up wrong just because they wouldn't/didn't do themselves. Weird how people can so very easily judge and condemn you based on social taboos and their own opinions.

If you consider how common it was for women to get married and bare children when they were not even of legal age of today's society. Most of the time the families would give their children away to wealthy much older man hoping it would bring prosperity and wealth to them.

Mormons can have multiple wives, even today. Next ask about dating two women at the same time and see what kind of whacky guilt trip this crowd serves you. I bet it won't be as painful as the textual azzwhuppin' that awaits me for posting this!

Ask me if I give a rat's a..?

Bottom line, who is anyone to tell you what is really right or wrong? Do whatever the hell your heart desires.
On your dying bed, you are likely to regret the things you haven't done much more than the ones you have!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships