Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 05:37 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So are you her sugar daddy?
Nah, I'm too young for her taste, Lol.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:52 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
His "firm" represents me. but he's not the "attorney of record" for my legal affairs. There are any number of lawyers to do that up to and including his partner/ my father. According to them there's no conflict of interest.

Old 09-21-2015, 05:55 PM

29,744 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
His "firm" represents me. but he's not the "attorney of record" for my legal affairs. There are any number of lawyers to do that up to and including his partner/ my father. According to them there's no conflict of interest.
Just out of curiosity, what does your father think of you dating his peer/business partner?

Old 09-21-2015, 05:58 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
To give you the honest answer, I would say, probably not!

Okay....so why would you think its okay?? Cant you find some a$$ that's at least out of their teens?? If I were her father and I found out, you would be wearing your genitals around your throat.

Downright pervy to me.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:06 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,871 times
In all fairness, I do know a couple who got involved when she was 16 and he was 38. He was her high school teacher. They got married after she graduated high school, had 4 kids, and have been married for 25+ years now. From all outward appearances, they seem to be happy.

This has to be a one in a million long-shot though.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:22 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
Anyways, I live in a college town and I am around young girls all the time. I am not a professor but I still have ties to the university. Last week, through a function, I got to meet a 19 year old girl. Let me first make it very clear that I find nothing in common with 95% of the girls I interact here but this girl is cool and acts a little older

I really enjoy our conversations and I can tell she does not come from a very stable family background but she is trying to be a good person. There was great chemistry and she gave all the signs of interest through her body language BUT deep inside, I know it is probably not the greatest idea to get involved with someone that young, even if it is only physically and sexually.

Should I be repressing these feelings? This is not the first time nor the last time it has happened but usually my rational side kicks in and I stop but deep inside, I really wanted to get her phone number and see what happens.

If you were her father, would you automatically hate me without knowing anything about my background? I am off base, please call me out
Have you noticed that people only seem to have an issue with this age difference when the woman is in her 20's or so and the man is in his 40's but almost nobody has an issue when she is in her late 30,s or in her 40,s and the man in his 50's or 60's although the age gap is exactly the same and both are still in different stages of her life? This is not so much of another issue in other cultures but in America it seems to be a big issue.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Huh?

What?

Are you confusing me with Sydney123?

Hahahahaha

I'm 32 and married to a 35 yr old. I was quoting Sydney in her response to me questioning her motivation for dating the much older lawyer dude.
LOL.. That's kinda sorta true, I did say it, but it was in reaction to your off handed, thinly veiled attempt to label me a gold digger rather than my motivation for dating an old lawyer dude. You could have asked without the " sugar baby" implication. ( actually pretty blatant attempt).
So now that it's been decided that I am a horribly immature person with an unscrupulous lawyer by the legal experts and morality police .. How about we get off of Syd and turn our attention back to the OP, who started all this s**t to begin with. It's not that I don't enjoy being the center of attention ( I mean who doesn't like that), but it's gotten off the original topic and while I am sure that the OP welcomes the distraction as it takes the heat off of him ....we're not supposed to hijack other people's threads.
If anyone wants to chide me further... Feel free to use the DM function. There's no shame in my game and I welcome all comers!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Just out of curiosity, what does your father think of you dating his peer/business partner?

Seriously.... He freaked!

Old 09-21-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
Gawd dang y'all, Sydney123 said that, not me.

Lol

Old 09-21-2015, 06:37 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Have you noticed that people only seem to have an issue with this age difference when the woman is in her 20's or so and the man is in his 40's but almost nobody has an issue when she is in her late 30,s or in her 40,s and the man in his 50's or 60's although the age gap is exactly the same and both are still in different stages of her life? This is not so much of another issue in other cultures but in America it seems to be a big issue.

Because the woman is in her 30's and 40's and has not just stopped playing with dolls and playing hide and seek two years ago!!!!

Look, if people cant see the difference between a 19 yr old and a 40 yr old, I don't know what to say.

A 40 yr old with a 60 year old will most definitely still get people asking "Why"? But those two will be more easy to wrap your head around than some 40 yr old with a kid barely out of their teens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships