Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 08:00 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,615,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I have a hard time wrapping my brain around being close to 40 and wanting to date a teenager.
What the OP is wanting wrapped ISN'T his brain - although it's got a head...
He would like to have her lips... well, if I have to go into detail this could get messy....

Old 09-21-2015, 08:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Regardless, if someone is an adult it's their decision. The father might not like it but that's tough.
That's why people are saying "daddy issues." Good girls care very much whether their parents approve.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:04 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,659,591 times
Sure is a lot of angst and anger stirred up by a post from an OP with a very vivid imagination. Kind of reads like a letter to Penthouse forum. Great work of fiction.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:12 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,683,001 times
Default Okay...Fair Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwuk45 View Post
Well, a girl at my school was murdered by her boyfriend because she got pregnant and he wanted to be with someone else. She was 23, he was 17. I'm sure some people thought she was the one to be wary of, when in fact it was the opposite.

There's nothing wrong with being concerned. But making assumptions about people's motives based on their age is not fair, in my mind.
But I will admit, my 'alarm' went off when I first read the OP

And if I can say this fairly as well---said concern is not misplaced when you read some of the responses on here...'jealousy'? 'bigotry'?...Really?

I won't attempt to spaek for you JW, but when I see jealousy and bigotry, and terms like bitter and jaded tossed about like confetti, I see it like this...guy steps to a woman his age, his 'game' is somewhat suspect (read 'weak'), and she tells him to pack his bags and get to steppin'

He then tries that same stuff with a younger woman, and she eats it up...basically because she doesn't know what the older woman does, and she (older woman) was having none of his nonsense

Old 09-21-2015, 08:15 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I disagree. Young men aren't bitter/jaded about women to the point where they look to use them. Do they go after sex only, of course. But just as many would be interested in something more and lasting. At least, none of my friends ever were back in the day. Even now my buddies are all married to (or the few that are dating) are dating close to their own age.

It's not until later that some damaged men start seeing women as "the enemy" to be conquered and used or a "commodity" with declining value or such nonsense (they start posting graphs about "sexual market value"). Even in this thread most of the men acknowledge a "relationship" with a young women would be for sex. I haven't seen one man chime in to say anything about forming a solid, lasting relationship based on mutual goals in life and common interests. It's all "go for it" and "you go man!" and "have fun" like she's a carnival ride.

Yeah, that's my impression too. Pretty damn gross.

If people want to party and just have hot sex, that's totally fine. Great even. No reason anyone needs to date or have a "relationship" for that. Call it what it is.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:17 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
Once again, why is everyone assuming that the teenager is question is remotely interested in the OP?

Old 09-21-2015, 08:25 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
She has the most beautiful eyes and I think I would be happy to just get to know her better but I think it all leads to sex eventually, whether you like it or not. Only problem is that, young girls are easily impressed, therefore there is a side of me that tells me I shouldnt even be thinking about doing anything with someone this young, it has been always a moral dillema for me.
Listen to this rational, decent side of you. You're right, you shouldn't even be thinking of doing anything with someone this young. She's young enough to be your daughter. Sometimes being a good person means walking away from opportunities such as this simply because it's the right thing to do. Being a decent human being and nice guy is hell sometimes.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:28 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,428,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Listen to this rational, decent side of you. You're right, you shouldn't even be thinking of doing anything with someone this young.
Nothing wrong with thinking about it. The people we need to worry about are the ones that rush into it without thinking about it. Or worse - the people who rush into it BECAUSE they want someone to be that young.

But if two consenting adults go into a relationship with eyes open and having considered the variables openly and honestly then I see no issue with any age difference. Be it 50-40 or 60-20 or any other one you want to come up with.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Daddy issues.

That's my guess. If she was already out of college, established in her career, I'd say it might be fine.

But, she's got daddy issues. This is practically guaranteed.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:01 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
That's why people are saying "daddy issues." Good girls care very much whether their parents approve.
They do care... or at least, they care if their parents are not vehemently against it.

Most parents would NOT be cool with their teenager dating a guy who is almost 40.

But, I bet this girl has an absent father, anyway.

Strangely enough, if she was 24 or 25, I think there would be less people on here that thought it was a big deal at all.

Because we do a lot of living in those first 5 years or so of adulthood. We really do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships