Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 01:06 PM

1,592 posts, read 1,213,097 times

Advertisements

Yup, walking a fine line between getting offensive vs. innocent tomfoolery! Those 6th grader terms!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2016, 01:10 PM

20,398 posts, read 14,673,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Being bad at reading signs doesn't correlate with being a bad lover.
Are you male or female saying this? Just curious.

Most women that I know of:
- Won't draw ya a map or explain in plain speech what they like sexually.
- Won't necessarily tell you what you are doing right.
- Won't necessarily tell you what you are doing wrong.
- Will let you think they enjoyed things more than they really did, if they don't want to hurt your feelings.

More importantly, though, is that not every woman's (or man's!) body is exactly the same or responds the same way to the same stimulation. So you might be the best lover EVER to one woman, and an awful bedpartner for the next, and the only way you'll know, is by being good at reading her cues and responding to them. Unless you're lucky enough to have found one who isn't too shy to communicate frankly and honestly about sexual topics.

And that...just talking about it...can be frustratingly difficult. You'd think that I, who will come in here among strangers on the internet and say all the kinds of things about my sex life that I do, would surely not have any problem communicating plainly with my partners about my desires, fantasies, what I like, etc. WRONG. Makes me feel all kinds of awkward. I do however find it easier in text format. But face to face, there are words and subjects that I'm still shy about saying out loud. I don't know why.

But I do know I'm not the only one.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:24 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,796,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Being bad at reading signs doesn't correlate with being a bad lover.
But 2 things:

1) That's not what she said; she said that she felt there was a correlation between being good at reading signs and being a better lover. You're suggesting the inverse.

2) Be certain not to equate "correlate" and, well..."equate".

I'd agree with Sonic; people that are more in tune to that sort of thing TEND to be better lovers.

Old 01-07-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
But 2 things:

1) That's not what she said; she said that she felt there was a correlation between being good at reading signs and being a better lover. You're suggesting the inverse.

2) Be certain not to equate "correlate" and, well..."equate".

I'd agree with Sonic; people that are more in tune to that sort of thing TEND to be better lovers.
It's potentially a helpful skill. That's a better way to put it.

Because a person could be in tune all day, and still be a bad lover if they are selfish and not really invested or interested in pleasing their partner.

But the person who can't read signals, proceeds under the assumption that he simply knows how to do the things. Will likely (sooner or later) have a partner for whom his tricks do nothing...and she is at least fairly likely not to even tell him. That's the sad bit...he might be a bad lover (for her) and not even know.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:20 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Muff diving hahaha that was a good one, I have never heard of this one.

Yeah I'd like to introduce your milky way to my butterfinger (I actually know someone who used that) and he got lucky, apparently she liked that
She snickered and they did the Whatchamacallit.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:25 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Muff diving!!!! I can't believe they know that in the states as well LMAO!

Or drinking from the furry cup? That's defo a pervy one and reserved for puberty age LOL

Old 01-07-2016, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

Or drinking from the furry cup? That's defo a pervy one and reserved for puberty age LOL
Yeah, that teenage humor. I think I'd die if I tried saying that to a woman. It'd be hard to say it. Plus, I think it would be hard for her to hear it. It'd fail on both sides.

But when you're young, probably can pull it off (like some stories we hear where men say outlandish crap and it actually lands).

Old 01-07-2016, 02:47 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svendrell View Post
Yeah, that teenage humor. I think I'd die if I tried saying that to a woman. It'd be hard to say it. Plus, I think it would be hard for her to hear it. It'd fail on both sides.

But when you're young, probably can pull it off (like some stories we hear where men say outlandish crap and it actually lands).
Oh god no!!! I wouldn't dare say either to a lady!!! LOL

It's more playground humour for sure

Old 01-07-2016, 02:52 PM

I'm thinking of the naughty hedgehogs song from the Rathergood guys now...

I won't link the vid because well, it's a bit too naughty. But it's easily found on the webz. I've sent it to women that I've had a thing for, but since I'm also a woman, I can get away with that kind of...humour.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post

I like to know the history of the term muff diving. Is it from the UK or did we make it here in the states? Or maybe some Aussie did it. I could see some guy with an Australian accent talking about muff diving.

"Well hey there, mate. I be gearin' up for some muff diving." *heavy Australian accent*

Hearing that would have me laughing for hours. No offense to my Australian friends here, I love the accent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships