Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2022, 02:17 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Happy Holidays to all who celebrate!

Things are hectic in my household, especially since I have taken over the planning and hosting now. My mom is just not up to it anymore since my stepdad passed, which I totally understand. We do it up because my G'babies are young, and it is fun.

I also managed to mail out Christmas cards this year. But my packages to send are still sitting here in the house. People will be getting Christmas for New Years. Ha. I send gifts to my former fiancé's daughter and his mom, in his memory, plus I send to a couple of friends who live out of state.

The son and I are venturing out to shop today, need something for his dad and his step-mom and sister, plus lotto tickets for the family. We still do stockings for fun (candy and small gifts) and my stepdad would put lotto scratches in them for everyone, so I have taken that over as well, in his honor. I really want to keep the family traditions going....

Sending all of you hugs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2022, 03:13 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
In Maryland visiting mom for Christmas and I can’t believe I came into a low of 8 degrees tonight. Not that Charlotte is much better now at 14 degrees. My Ohio friends are having an awful time with power outages and the same cold with snow added in. Mother Nature is sure acting now like a real mother……..

Old 12-23-2022, 03:37 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Today is the first time that it's dropped below zero since I bought my house eight years ago. The mini-money pit is due for a slew of projects next spring with two of them involving door repair and window replacement.

As the boiler is struggling to keep up (poor thing is new-ish and this is the first that she's ever struggled in the least), but these *are* some extreme temperatures combined with today's gusty winds. I ended up taking a page out of my childhood and hung up some redneck insulation a.k.a blankets over the doors that need to be repaired when it's warmer, rolled up towels beneath a few doors, and a blanket hung at the stair landing. Old-school, but it works well enough.

I'm so very grateful to have a solid roof over my head. I keep thinking about those who have no where to go or, due to one reason or another choose to remain on the streets (usually addiction and/or mental health issues) and worry. Before my former husband died, I used to always wonder if he'd made his way to somewhere warm on cold winter days and nights. Would always think of him, say a prayer, and give what I could to those who I knew were living on the street and hope that, in case he'd fallen on similar hard times, that someone else was doing the same for him.

Hard to believe that it's supposed to be fifty degrees outside by Thursday. Until then, stay warm everyone.

Old 12-23-2022, 03:54 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
I love my family, but it chaos here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-23-2022, 10:12 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Hi all,

Happy Holidays to all who celebrate!

Things are hectic in my household, especially since I have taken over the planning and hosting now. My mom is just not up to it anymore since my stepdad passed, which I totally understand. We do it up because my G'babies are young, and it is fun.

I also managed to mail out Christmas cards this year. But my packages to send are still sitting here in the house. People will be getting Christmas for New Years. Ha. I send gifts to my former fiancé's daughter and his mom, in his memory, plus I send to a couple of friends who live out of state.

The son and I are venturing out to shop today, need something for his dad and his step-mom and sister, plus lotto tickets for the family. We still do stockings for fun (candy and small gifts) and my stepdad would put lotto scratches in them for everyone, so I have taken that over as well, in his honor. I really want to keep the family traditions going....

Sending all of you hugs!
Very admirable mlj1225! You’ve been through a lot this past year, wanting to carry on the traditions and make things memorable for you family and friends shows what a good person you are. We already knew that though.
I hope you have happy holidays and amazing things happen for you in the new year! You deserve it.

Old 12-24-2022, 02:07 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Everyone Enjoy a Merry Christmas & a Wonderful Happy Holidays.Be Safe & Have Good Health.

Old 12-24-2022, 11:27 AM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
All set here! Waiting for Santa. Merry Christmas to all and a Happy and prosperous New Year to you and yours.

Old 12-24-2022, 10:09 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Indeed, Merry Christmas to all - have a wonderful holiday filled with merriment and mirth - and eat to your heart's content.

Old 12-25-2022, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Very admirable mlj1225! You’ve been through a lot this past year, wanting to carry on the traditions and make things memorable for you family and friends shows what a good person you are. We already knew that though.
I hope you have happy holidays and amazing things happen for you in the new year! You deserve it.
Thank you SO much! It seems that so many have had some really tough times the past couple of years....

I'm hoping everyone catches some breaks in 2023.

Cheers to you and may you have a wonderful Christmas!

Old 12-25-2022, 01:51 AM

Raising my glass to ALL (it's Diet DR. Pepper, but still raising it!)

Happiest of Holidays to everyone and may 2023 be filled with laughter and love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships