Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2023, 06:33 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
David Crosby just died. Not my generation, but he just passed and I think about those old guys.

One of my first memories of hard rock was listening to Ozzy. Way back in the 80s. I know he was with Sabbath in the 70s and all of that.

Ozzy has a special place for me. He's not doing great these days and will probably kick off soon.

Will be a sad day for me. I blow off most celebrities deaths. Robin Williams kicked my ass for a few days.

Ozzy will do the same. He moved me in ways as a young person that I'll never forget.
Crosby had been around a bit before CSN but he really arrived with them. I was 11 or 12 and just getting into what would later be called classic or album rock and CSN was part of that. I feel a special affinity for performers and athletes that came on the scene when I was aware and still young enough to feel something like magic was happening.

Felt the same when Christine McVie and Jeff Beck died. It's like I'm old or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2023, 08:37 PM

52,305 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Crosby had been around a bit before CSN but he really arrived with them. I was 11 or 12 and just getting into what would later be called classic or album rock and CSN was part of that. I feel a special affinity for performers and athletes that came on the scene when I was aware and still young enough to feel something like magic was happening.

Felt the same when Christine McVie and Jeff Beck died. It's like I'm old or something.
Christine McVie had a voice like an angel. She was probably one of the most underrated musicians out there.

Stevie got the attention, but good God, McVie was something else.

Old 01-22-2023, 09:00 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post

Never.

Old 01-22-2023, 10:42 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Christine McVie had a voice like an angel. She was probably one of the most underrated musicians out there.

Stevie got the attention, but good God, McVie was something else.
I was 15 the first time I heard "Spare me a little" and I was immediately in love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Never.
We're only as old as we feel. Oh wait......

Old 01-23-2023, 10:22 AM

4,043 posts, read 2,713,819 times
Happy Monday all!

The winds are fierce today, and I want to go back to bed. Haha. Hope everyone had a good weekend

Old 01-23-2023, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlj1225 View Post
Happy Monday all!

The winds are fierce today, and I want to go back to bed. Haha. Hope everyone had a good weekend
I'm just glad it's not raining. Jeez, had more rain in a few weeks then all season last year probably. Suns out and bright and shiny.

Even though it's been cooler than normal it's still nice to have the sun out shining.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I'm just glad it's not raining. Jeez, had more rain in a few weeks then all season last year probably. Suns out and bright and shiny.

Even though it's been cooler than normal it's still nice to have the sun out shining.
I enjoy the rain but am happy for a bit of a break. Went to Knotts this weekend and it was nice to not have to worry about getting wet!

Old 01-23-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I enjoy the rain but am happy for a bit of a break. Went to Knotts this weekend and it was nice to not have to worry about getting wet!
I used to go to Knott's a lot when I was a kid. We haven't been for at least 20 plus years now. Last time we went it was in the middle of summer and was blazing hot. We rode a ride, forget the name, but you strap into a chair and it is raised to the top of this pole and it just drops you straight down.

I screamed so loud that I was damn near hoarse the rest of the day.

Me and Mrs. Chow got a funnel cake afterwards and then got the hell out of dodge. LOL. Haven't been back since.

Once I understood the engineering concept of "metal fatigue", my roller coaster days were over.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I used to go to Knott's a lot when I was a kid. We haven't been for at least 20 plus years now. Last time we went it was in the middle of summer and was blazing hot. We rode a ride, forget the name, but you strap into a chair and it is raised to the top of this pole and it just drops you straight down.

I screamed so loud that I was damn near hoarse the rest of the day.

Me and Mrs. Chow got a funnel cake afterwards and then got the hell out of dodge. LOL. Haven't been back since.

Once I understood the engineering concept of "metal fatigue", my roller coaster days were over.
We bought 2023 Season passes, now that the G'babies are older so we will be going quite a bit. Summer will be limited to after dark because I will not be able to deal with the heat.

LOL at your ride experience, that one is Supreme Scream and it was closed this weekend because they are remodeling a big section of the park.

The funnel cake is SO good!

Old 01-23-2023, 01:19 PM

19,431 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
We bought 2023 Season passes, now that the G'babies are older so we will be going quite a bit. Summer will be limited to after dark because I will not be able to deal with the heat.

LOL at your ride experience, that one is Supreme Scream and it was closed this weekend because they are remodeling a big section of the park.

The funnel cake is SO good!
I swore off those kinds of rides that day... until the night I couldn't resist the roller coaster at Stateline. I had no plans to ride it. It looked rickety, it sounded rickety... I wanted no part of it. But later that night, after some drinks...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=buffalo+bi...ages&ia=images

I went on it first by myself, was terrified/thrilled, and then went and got Chow and dragged him there to ride it with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships